http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 01:04:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Xbox 360] Final Fantasy XI  (Read 1468 times)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2005, 04:58:23 PM »

I dislike the games with a passion.  But many seem to think they are the holy grail of gaming so i thought you all would be interested.

If someone posted this already, sorry.

http://www.consolegold.com/News/index.php#2535

Sony's list of exclusives continues to decline.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 05:02:19 PM »

FFXI has been on PS2 for two years.  Losing FFXI is not a loss.  It won't be significant unless 360 gets a new numbered FF game.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 05:08:29 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
FFXI has been on PS2 for two years.  Losing FFXI is not a loss.  It won't be significant unless 360 gets a new numbered FF game.

LOL.  

The simple fact that there will be a FF game on the Xbox is big news.  Sony exclusives are dwindling.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 05:10:38 PM »

Dwindling?  What other exclusives did they "lose"?

BTW- there was Final Fantasy game on Gamecube- didn't help things.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 05:32:19 PM »

Quote from: "Eco-Logic"
Quote from: "Kevin Grey"

LOL.  

The simple fact that there will be a FF game on the Xbox is big news.  Sony exclusives are dwindling.

FF games have been on other systems for a long time.  

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (Cube)
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls (GBA)

are two current examples.

It doesn't mean much more than it did then.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 06:21:06 PM »

The also lost GTA & MGS.

Maybe it isn't a big deal.  I sure heard a ton of people scream no FF on the Xbox so I'm not getting it blah blah blah.

I think the games are horrid  anyway.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 06:27:47 PM »

Lost MGS?  MGS 4 was announced for the PS3, not the 360.  

I've read that GTA was announced for PS3 as a launch title but I can't find that right now to confirm it.  It sure wasn't announced for 360 though.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 06:38:27 PM »

No longer exclusive.

AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 06:38:52 PM »

The funny thing is that, yes, they announced MGS4...but they never said the word "exclusive" like they did when MGS3 was announced (Sony even had it in their pre-E3 presentation on a slide saying it was exclusive).

No, Sony has not lost MGS or GTA really is the bottom line...however it might be shared with Microsoft.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 06:47:39 PM »

MGS2 technically wasn't exclusive either.  MGS3 was exclusive to PS2 because MGS2:S for Xbox sold like shit.  It wasn't worth the cost to port it to Xbox, especially with an engine optimized for PS2 (MGS2:S actually ran worse on the Xbox).  

We'll see but MS sure didn't say anything about a MGS title in their press conference.  And while the SE President mentioned "future collaborations" in the MS conference, he specifically mentioned future Final Fantasy titles for the PS3 during the Sony conference.

As it is, so far there has been no great shift in exclusive content between the two systems.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 07:19:42 PM »

It's great from a "FF game finally on a Microsoft console" standpoint.

But from a sheer gaming standpoint, a MMORPG that has been around for a couple of years and has been dying due to WoW, EQ2, and Guild Wars isn't a great investment.  And, actually, I would be kind of interested to see how many people actually buy it for the 360.

I, having played it for two years and finally quitting, will not plan on picking it up for the 360.  To each their own though.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2005, 07:33:59 PM »

Not only regarding the new systems.  The shift began during the last generation.  

I heard for months,"there will never be a mgs or ff, or gta title on Xbox etc."  Well there has already been.

For the record I think both mgs and FF suck.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2005, 08:04:14 PM »

I love the story and art to most FF games, but the gameplay could really use a refresher.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2005, 08:13:31 PM »

As long as the "numbered" FF games stay exclusive to Sony (and that appears to be the case with the PS3), the FF games on the other consoles aren't of much consequence.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2005, 09:53:20 PM »

I dislike the games with a passion.

I think the games are horrid anyway.

For the record I think both mgs and FF suck.

So, Eco, how do you feel about Final Fantasy games?  Are you hoping someone's going to engage you in battle over your opinion, or what?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: