http://gamingtrend.com
September 17, 2014, 11:41:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [XB1]Forza 5  (Read 6176 times)
Storm Crow
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 28, 2013, 08:02:01 AM »

This is my first racing game, since Pole Position, so I do not have that much of a basis for comparision. That being said this game is ridiculously fun. The drivatar feature is interesting,  on the one hand I like how the drivatars are not as precise as standard AIs. I have seen Drivatars break to soon, take curves too fast and spin out, and so on. On the other hand, the drivatars make me wonder if this is a sim of professional motor racing or a death race. Also, is it me or are friends drivatars tuned more loosely? For instance while racing in Prague, my wifes drivatar performs a PIT maneuver on me, spins me into a wall, then zooms past. 

All in all I am enjoying this game, and if anyone wants to race another noobish drivatar, my gamertag is kidtarget.

Quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius
YellowKing
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 29, 2013, 11:59:23 AM »

This game finally clicked for me last night. I went from 9th and 10th place finishes (at best) to finishing gold in 6 of 15 races. Glad I stuck it out because I went from general disinterest in the game to being hooked. It feels really challenging on a technical skill level which is really fun.

I'm also really starting to appreciate the Drivatar system. In one race last night I was fighting for first when the guy ahead of me made a critical mistake and sideswiped a wall. I took advantage, passed him, and eked out a win. I don't think you'd ever see that with traditional AI.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 29, 2013, 12:21:51 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on November 29, 2013, 11:59:23 AM

This game finally clicked for me last night. I went from 9th and 10th place finishes (at best) to finishing gold in 6 of 15 races. Glad I stuck it out because I went from general disinterest in the game to being hooked. It feels really challenging on a technical skill level which is really fun.

I'm also really starting to appreciate the Drivatar system. In one race last night I was fighting for first when the guy ahead of me made a critical mistake and sideswiped a wall. I took advantage, passed him, and eked out a win. I don't think you'd ever see that with traditional AI.

I agree.  The game is certainly rewarding when you stick with it.  I've been getting Gold & Silver in my 2013 Focus ST consistently

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: November 29, 2013, 01:00:19 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on November 29, 2013, 12:21:51 PM

I agree.  The game is certainly rewarding when you stick with it.  I've been getting Gold & Silver in my 2013 Focus ST consistently

Oh dear, a Ford Focus driver(Miss Daisy) ;D

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: November 29, 2013, 01:37:18 PM »

I wonder, can you get a "kleenex box in the back window" mod for the Focus? slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 29, 2013, 03:16:42 PM »

You guys can laugh all you want at my Focus, but it's now smoking all your Drivatars  Tongue

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 29, 2013, 04:21:38 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on November 29, 2013, 03:16:42 PM

You guys can laugh all you want at my Focus, but it's now smoking all your Drivatars  Tongue

not a huge feat for mine at least Tongue

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 29, 2013, 05:07:15 PM »

All previous Forza's I've played had AI that made random mistakes fwiw
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 02, 2013, 02:26:06 AM »

In case anyone didn't know, cars are 50% off this weekend - if you have money sitting around it might be time to buy something. I cashed in my rewards from previous games and had 3 million, which combined with what I had and an all-day Forza binge, resulted in me getting nearly 7 million credits worth of cars this weekend.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: December 02, 2013, 05:22:09 AM »

Too bad I put this one on my Christmas list, all of these temporary apologies will be well over by the time I actually get the game.  Unless they wake up and decide to do something permanent to fix the problem.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 02, 2013, 12:16:33 PM »

Might pick up the McLaren P1 today if the 50% sale is still going

NiM$
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 02, 2013, 04:15:14 PM »

I spent all my credits and tokens last night buying up as many cars as possible before the sale expired. Have enough cars now to complete every race through the Exotic Cars circuit. That should keep me busy for awhile, since I'm trying to get gold on every race before moving on.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 02, 2013, 09:59:53 PM »

Quote from: Clanwolfer on December 02, 2013, 02:26:06 AM

In case anyone didn't know, cars are 50% off this weekend - if you have money sitting around it might be time to buy something. I cashed in my rewards from previous games and had 3 million, which combined with what I had and an all-day Forza binge, resulted in me getting nearly 7 million credits worth of cars this weekend.
How do you cash in your rewards?  I went to the Forza site and clicked Redeem Rewards, but it just sticks there doing nothing.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 02, 2013, 11:09:43 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on December 02, 2013, 09:59:53 PM

How do you cash in your rewards?  I went to the Forza site and clicked Redeem Rewards, but it just sticks there doing nothing.

I was having the same issues but now it just worked.  of course the sale is probably over by now.

Because I can,
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 03, 2013, 12:02:38 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 02, 2013, 11:09:43 PM

Quote from: The Grue on December 02, 2013, 09:59:53 PM

I was having the same issues but now it just worked.  of course the sale is probably over by now.

I believe the back-end infrastructure crashed (because it seems like folks just started to hear about it this weekend). Not sure on the sale, but I bet there are lots of people in the same boat, so I'd hope if not now, they'll at least announce another one soon.

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 03, 2013, 03:18:07 AM »

Still can't get it to redeem.

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 03, 2013, 03:20:29 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on December 03, 2013, 03:18:07 AM

Still can't get it to redeem.

Actually, I just tried using IE and it worked.  Guess I should have figured since it's MS.

Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 03, 2013, 10:31:37 AM »

Sparhawk I detest your drivatar

NiM$
Geezer

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 08, 2013, 11:30:50 PM »

Got my xbone running today and got a few forza races done.  First impressions are very positive.  Car handling and tuning respond right, but the S2000 CR is a bit too touchy. WRX STi seems spot on though.  Also using the Gamepad is rough.

I'm "IamtheGeezer". Hope to see some of y'all in the game!
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 09, 2013, 01:06:00 AM »

I heart the Trans Am SD455  nod  drool  nod

Might just have to buy this game just for that car alone. Now.....I wonder if my Scion IQ is included  icon_surprised

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 09, 2013, 04:41:59 AM »

Oh, the multiplayer hoppers are still a hive of scum and villainy. I'd love to get a multiplayer night going with this crowd when the holiday craziness dies down.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 09, 2013, 12:39:30 PM »

I'm slowly organizing something between this and a couple other forums.  Let me know what nights/times are good.  Trying to maximize exposure.

My goal this week is to at least get a one clean lap on every track in C Class.
Geezer

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 09, 2013, 05:07:40 PM »

Cool!   Most nights are good with me, or rather no nights are regularly not good, but stuff comes up  thumbsdown

Anyway, would love to get online with y'all and get some laps in.  So far I've only spend about 4 hours with the game, and the only track I "know" well is the Top Gear test track, but every race needs a backmarker, so I'm in for that smile
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 10, 2013, 12:16:22 AM »

That Top Gear track.......which is the one used for the car tests on the show, the "full"?

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 10, 2013, 11:55:41 AM »

Halo: Spartan Assault 69 Ford Mustang Boss 302 DLC incoming

NiM$
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: December 11, 2013, 04:39:43 PM »

Welll I got to play Forza 5 in my local Game shop today. And I was really impressed. the graphics looked great and so did the course I played, it was the snowy one.

The cars handled well and the controller with trigger rumble was superb, would love one of those for PC use but not at 70 (not sure if they are compatible yet either)

I think Forza 6 should well be an amazing game, get the track and car numbers correct and it should blow the system away, of course maybe DLC could add the missing stuff and a GOTY version would be the one to pick up in 18 months.

Geezer

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 16, 2013, 04:17:05 PM »

Got to put in a few hours over the weekend, and while I'm getting sort of proficient, I can for the life of me figure out how some of the very fastest people are finding 5-10 MORE seconds on a 1:30 lap.   I know some of it is in setup, but I've been *teaching* real-life high-performance driving for almost 15 years now and I absolutely cannot figure out where the time is coming from. 
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 18, 2013, 10:48:44 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on December 09, 2013, 12:39:30 PM

I'm slowly organizing something between this and a couple other forums.  Let me know what nights/times are good.  Trying to maximize exposure.

Are you still planning this Hark?  If so, I'm in. I'm free any night except Thursday. Pm me or send me a Xbox message.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 22, 2013, 07:40:43 PM »

Anyone else have an intermittent problem with the controller and this game?

Acceleration cuts out once in awhile. Totally boned me out of a couple places in a race today.

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #189 on: December 23, 2013, 12:22:05 AM »

Only if you're off-track. A fair indicator is if you have the path turned on and its grey.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 23, 2013, 01:01:44 AM »

Quote from: Reemul on December 11, 2013, 04:39:43 PM

I think Forza 6 should well be an amazing game, get the track and car numbers correct and it should blow the system away, of course maybe DLC could add the missing stuff and a GOTY version would be the one to pick up in 18 months.

hopefully they make another Horizon in the meantime.

Because I can,
Zekester

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #191 on: December 23, 2013, 01:03:44 AM »

Quote from: Purge on December 23, 2013, 12:22:05 AM

Only if you're off-track. A fair indicator is if you have the path turned on and its grey.

It's also happened during drag races

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: December 23, 2013, 02:44:25 AM »

Quote from: Zekester on December 23, 2013, 01:03:44 AM

... and you're that far off track? slywink

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 23, 2013, 02:45:09 AM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on December 18, 2013, 10:48:44 AM

Quote from: Harkonis on December 09, 2013, 12:39:30 PM

Are you still planning this Hark?  If so, I'm in. I'm free any night except Thursday. Pm me or send me a Xbox message.
he had me up to 'clean lap'.

Because I can,
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: December 23, 2013, 10:28:09 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 23, 2013, 01:01:44 AM

Yeah definitely, really like horizons.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: December 23, 2013, 05:51:40 PM »

Quote from: Reemul on December 23, 2013, 10:28:09 AM

I find Forza 5 is worth owning, but it is a "pure" racing game, and all the boringness that may entail.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
:D
« Reply #196 on: December 23, 2013, 05:51:50 PM »

now I'm picturing Zeke playing in drag.

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: December 23, 2013, 05:56:25 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 23, 2013, 05:51:50 PM

I'm not sure that's defined as "playing". paranoid

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 23, 2013, 05:56:50 PM »

Quote from: Reemul on December 23, 2013, 10:28:09 AM

I hear they may be working on a sequel.

Because I can,
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: December 23, 2013, 06:29:02 PM »

Quote from: Purge on December 23, 2013, 05:56:25 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on December 23, 2013, 05:51:50 PM

I'm not sure that's defined as "playing". paranoid

Role Play?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: