http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 09:38:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [XB1]Forza 5  (Read 7114 times)
Soulchilde
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2013, 03:36:06 PM »

I suck at this game, but I like it and plan to stick with it.  Saying that the Day One Car pack the cars aren't in my garage even though I redeemed the code or does it mean I still have to buy them through the normal course of the game

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #121 on: November 23, 2013, 03:47:23 PM »

Cars are not given - simply available to buy.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
forgeforsaken

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #122 on: November 23, 2013, 04:01:47 PM »

Quote from: Purge on November 23, 2013, 03:47:23 PM

Cars are not given - simply available to buy.

This applies to paid DLC as well I believe.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 23, 2013, 04:09:29 PM »

I finally redeemed the 2 car codes they emailed me.  guess I had to waited until the 22nd, not sure why, but yay!  free cars given to me!

oh, wait, you mean in game slywink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 23, 2013, 04:53:48 PM »

I royally suck at this game. I think my best finish was 9th. Are you expected to not be able to win until you earn better cars?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 23, 2013, 06:28:53 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on November 23, 2013, 04:53:48 PM

I royally suck at this game. I think my best finish was 9th. Are you expected to not be able to win until you earn better cars?

I've won most of my races, and not having a wheel sucks royally.  I have to play without using the clutch on the pad frown
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 23, 2013, 08:53:43 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 23, 2013, 06:28:53 PM

I've won most of my races, and not having a wheel sucks royally.  I have to play without using the clutch on the pad frown

I really dislike your Drivertar...

that is all

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 23, 2013, 09:21:07 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on November 23, 2013, 08:53:43 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on November 23, 2013, 06:28:53 PM

I really dislike your Drivertar...

that is all

I was coming here to say the same thing, and possibly say something derogatory about Sparhawk's one as well Tongue

but seriously, this game feels more like Combat Racing than Forza.  I've had Drivatards spin me out, force me off the track and slit my tires before the race even begins.  OK, maybe not the last bit, but still... 

I'm not sure not making an actual AI but instead using the general XBL public to create drivers was the best course of action.  There is a reason I avoid playing with those not on my friends list icon_lol

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 23, 2013, 09:23:59 PM »

I also have to add there are times where the game really does not give a feel that you are going fast.  Compared to Forza Horizon it feels like I could get out and jog quicker at times.  I am also in a love/hate relationship with the sun in the game.  Love the effect they gave it but hate it when it obscures important things like other cars and the road.

Also glad the opening race was the only one where you had to open the car door, walk up to the drivers side and get in.  totally not necessary, just plop me on the track and let me crash.

Because I can,
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 23, 2013, 09:31:30 PM »

Is my guy ramming too much?  I try not to, but I'm finding I do it a LOT more with the sticks than with the wheel.  Tempted to turn off manual with clutch since it is kinda hard on the sticks.

Keep in mind also that our Drivatars are very young still, mine says 2% synced, so it's got a long way to go.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 23, 2013, 09:36:16 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 23, 2013, 09:31:30 PM

Is my guy ramming too much? 

I think it's every Drivatar doing it.   I think you hit it on the head though, they're all still young.   Your green car just sticks in memory better, kinda like always seeing Devil's orangish car in the rear-view mirror.  Speaking of colors, do our Drivatars use the same color scheme that our cars have?

Because I can,
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 23, 2013, 09:49:27 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 23, 2013, 09:36:16 PM

I think it's every Drivatar doing it.   I think you hit it on the head though, they're all still young.   Your green car just sticks in memory better, kinda like always seeing Devil's orangish car in the rear-view mirror.  Speaking of colors, do our Drivatars use the same color scheme that our cars have?

Since I can't think of a car I own that is green, I'm guessing no.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 23, 2013, 10:12:31 PM »

LOL, Hark's car didn't ram me because it was so far out ahead of every car in my race there was no chance of anyone touching it. I came in 2nd place (I chose the difficulty just below "average") and Hark was on the toilet reading a magazine before I crossed the finish line.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 23, 2013, 10:14:13 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 23, 2013, 09:49:27 PM

dang, I was hoping everyone could see my woodland camouflaged Audi.

Because I can,
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 23, 2013, 10:20:56 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 23, 2013, 10:14:13 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on November 23, 2013, 09:49:27 PM

dang, I was hoping everyone could see my woodland camouflaged Audi.

That is what you had in my race, so I guess if the car is one you own, it shows properly.  Mine is probably not showing on yours because I have the downloaded paint for the VIP car.

Quote from: Teggy on November 23, 2013, 10:12:31 PM

LOL, Hark's car didn't ram me because it was so far out ahead of every car in my race there was no chance of anyone touching it. I came in 2nd place (I chose the difficulty just below "average") and Hark was on the toilet reading a magazine before I crossed the finish line.

So it's just like really racing me?
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 23, 2013, 10:42:23 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 23, 2013, 10:20:56 PM

Yup, drivatars are pretty much spot on.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 23, 2013, 11:26:12 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 23, 2013, 10:42:23 PM

Yup, drivatars are pretty much spot on.

Yes, Your drivatar comes in the top 3 consistently

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 24, 2013, 12:00:08 AM »

That is what you had in my race, so I guess if the car is one you own, it shows properly.  Mine is probably not showing on yours because I have the downloaded paint for the VIP car.

I thought I had that.  I have the LE, and scanned the QR code, that should have gotten me that paint, right?

Because I can,
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 24, 2013, 12:27:04 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 24, 2013, 12:00:08 AM

I thought I had that.  I have the LE, and scanned the QR code, that should have gotten me that paint, right?
probably have to buy it in game then
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 24, 2013, 08:54:54 AM »

Am I missing something?  At the end of a race I'd like to see how everyone finished but all I get for options is continue, watch replay or save replay.  I'm sure Forza 4 allowed viewing of the race finish standings.
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 24, 2013, 02:31:39 PM »

It was so fun racing against everyone's drivatars yesterday. I bumped the difficulty up because I was getting number 1 too much and didn't feel like I was working to win. The difference is very noticeable! I can dive into corners and not worry about rear ending the bots because the drivatars are also going into the corners at speed. ALso the increased credits are nice too. It really feels like I'm racing against people and seeing the drivatars race against EACH OTHER and not just me is refreshing.

My live name is Sparhawk GT so if anyone doesn't have me on their list go ahead and follow me.  icon_biggrin

« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 03:19:54 PM by Sparhawk » Logged

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 24, 2013, 03:55:58 PM »

I just hope we can actually have some real races and not just everyone racing against fake friends forever like last Forza.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 24, 2013, 07:01:57 PM »

Soooo... I'm not sure I'm loving it. I don't get the campaign progression. I've only played for a few hours and I'm in my second series. It doesn't seem like there's much of a progression. I always liked how you started up with the weaker cars and gradually moved up to the faster ones. It now seems like it's only gated by what you can afford. There also isn't any indication what the limitations are for each series other than that you can use one of your garage cars. But I like to sort of race the lower class cars before the better ones.

I'm also finding it really hard. Even at the default difficulty - with the default AI (err, I mean drivatars) and the default assists - I'm having a hard time even getting silver. I prefer to drive with a lot of the assist off so they don't become a crutch and that hasn't been so bad, but if I bump the AI up even a little, I have a hard time not being at the back of the pack.

Also, the Kinect head turning sucks. I had to turn it off because I was constantly looking out the left window.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2013, 02:45:37 AM »

I find driving inside the car is much better for me .  I was so used to driving in 3rd person I was consistently coming in the back of the pack but switching to inside I can get silver pretty regularly.   

NiM$
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 25, 2013, 03:30:21 AM »

I guess I need to turn the Drivatar difficulty up from the default - I'm getting 1st pretty consistently (80%+ of the time), and the only one that really ever pushes me hard is Hark's.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 25, 2013, 11:41:55 AM »

I found the 35% is currently the sweet spot to me, think it might be called Expert but I need to look again.  On the 20% setting I can usually get first, but on the 35% one I have to push to hit top three.  I still REALLY wish we had longer races though.  It's pretty unrealistic to expect even a great driver to go from the back to 1st in 3 laps in a field of 16. frown

Ike, Ike, Ike... his avatar is a dick though.  First game on the harder difficulty and I'm at the back of the pack with only Ike behind me.  I come up on the turn, slow down to avoid smashing the pack in front of me, and in comes Ike from the side to ram me off the road.  Then I slow down and let him by to avoid further damage and he goes up ahead and takes out the pack of 4 in front of me.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 25, 2013, 12:10:11 PM »

I can confirm Ike and  Purge Drivatars are just plain mean

NiM$
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 25, 2013, 01:30:01 PM »

Not sure I can handle driving with a gamepad much longer, might have to pimp myself out for a wheel.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: November 25, 2013, 03:48:28 PM »

Finally got to play some yesterday. It is cool to see names I recognize on the track. I've never seen Hark. I guess he may not be on my friends list anymore (or maybe he is too good for the game to incluide him). Sparhawk is the only name I recognize that has beaten me. If his Drivatar is getting full payouts, he shoul dbe making bank.

To the rest of you, I apologize if you see me on the track, just try to stay away from me. biggrin

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 25, 2013, 03:53:35 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on November 25, 2013, 03:48:28 PM

Finally got to play some yesterday. It is cool to see names I recognize on the track. I've never seen Hark. I guess he may not be on my friends list anymore (or maybe he is too good for the game to incluide him). Sparhawk is the only name I recognize that has beaten me. If his Drivatar is getting full payouts, he shoul dbe making bank.

To the rest of you, I apologize if you see me on the track, just try to stay away from me. biggrin

I think it may pick your competition based on your skill, I doubt I'll be seeing Hark's DTAR again anytime soon icon_lol

Because I can,
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: November 25, 2013, 07:49:09 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on November 25, 2013, 03:48:28 PM

GETTING FAT STACKS OF DAT MAD MONEY!

Is there a way for me to follow people when I'm not at my Xbox?

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: November 25, 2013, 08:10:42 PM »

live.xbox.com

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 25, 2013, 08:13:25 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on November 25, 2013, 08:10:42 PM

live.xbox.com

I noticed XB1 stuff does not seem to show up there.  Forza 5 isn't in my recent activity, nor is Dead Rising 3.

Because I can,
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: November 25, 2013, 08:18:57 PM »

xbox one smartglass app then!

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 25, 2013, 08:48:42 PM »

well, Vidiot lived up to his name...  Sadly I missed my chance to record the clip though I did get the second attempt after rewind.

Coming up on a VERY sharp turn so I slow down and he dives straight through and tbones me on the inside, I rewind and slow down a bit more to allow him past.  The clip shows how much he disregards my line.  pfft!
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 25, 2013, 10:07:50 PM »

One of my better races

This is how you should start a race slywink
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 25, 2013, 11:21:07 PM »

nice run.. Hark icon_wink

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 27, 2013, 11:31:20 PM »

new community update with a bunch of stuff:

Starting this Friday we’re offering a 50 percent discount (credits & tokens) on every car in the game. This discount is available to all players. Every car, from the 1970 Nissan Datsun 510 to the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO will be 50 percent off, so, if you’ve got your eye on something special on the car list, now’s the time to play and add them to your garage! This discount will be available between 12:01 a.m. Pacific on Friday, Nov. 29 and 11:59 p.m. Pacific on Sunday, Dec. 1.

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: November 28, 2013, 01:27:28 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 25, 2013, 10:07:50 PM

One of my better races

This is how you should start a race slywink
Boring. Where's all the smashy-smashy?!

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 28, 2013, 01:30:15 AM »

apparently he wasn't using our Drivatars.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: