http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 11:24:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [XBLM]armoured core 4 demo now up  (Read 1846 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2007, 12:48:40 PM »

armoured core 4 demo is now up,only available in US ,mexico and canada(i think it was already available in japan)..so europe get shafted again...so,time to switch accounts,LOL

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 06:29:56 PM »

wouldn't even waste your time...the game wasn't that good....

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 06:41:11 PM »

?..what its out already?..i enjoyed the demo,thought it was pretty cool,and i thought the vid at the beginning of the demo was great as well

so,did this game not do too well in America then?

kathode

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 07:05:26 PM »

Avoid
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 08:02:18 PM »

yup it is out.....

I already traded it in...too technical.....plus I really don't like Mech games.  I enjoyed chromehounds so I thought that I would give this a try but it failed.

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 05:24:20 AM »

Quote from: kathode on April 02, 2007, 07:05:26 PM

ouch,63 %

shame as i was looking forward to this
i have just started to play chromehounds again,it is good...but i am stuck quite near the beginning

thanks for the warnings guys

ps,i wonder why this has just appeared on the american marketplace,seen as though here in england we are expecting it in May,you would think it would come here

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 09:40:11 PM »

There was a game I REALLY loved on the playstation but I can't for the life of me remember or find it's name.  You built your mechs from parts like a lot of these games, but then you programmed the AI for them and sent them into battle.  You couldn't actually control much at all during the fights, it was your AI that did the work.  The game wasn't very accessible to the average gamer since it required some pretty hardcore programming but it was a blast to me.  Anyone remember that game?

In regards to the AC series, the first couple were really fun for me then it kinda went downhill.  Kinda like a really customizable version of the Sega arcade game Virtual On
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 09:50:00 PM »

Carnage Heart?

If so, apparently there's a PSP version out in Japan:

Back cover
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 09:53:12 PM »

Yep, Carnage Heart is it, and I must play it on PSP! slywink  I'm past the days of struggling with import menus though so I hope beyond hope for a engrish port of it.

The game was pretty fun.  Thanks WP!
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 09:58:42 PM »

The PSP one actually looks pretty cool.  In the bottom right pic, is this what the AI programming looked like in the original?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 10:14:17 PM »

Yeah, the actual programming part is just like the pre-coding flowsheet work that you do in 'real life'.

As you progressed in the campaign you unlocked new AI blocks of code that simplified things or allowed things you couldn't code in before. Bigger processors would allow more code so you could make some pretty intense AI eventually.
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 11:19:45 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on April 03, 2007, 09:40:11 PM

There was a game I REALLY loved on the playstation but I can't for the life of me remember or find it's name.  You built your mechs from parts like a lot of these games, but then you programmed the AI for them and sent them into battle.  You couldn't actually control much at all during the fights, it was your AI that did the work.  The game wasn't very accessible to the average gamer since it required some pretty hardcore programming but it was a blast to me.  Anyone remember that game?

In regards to the AC series, the first couple were really fun for me then it kinda went downhill.  Kinda like a really customizable version of the Sega arcade game Virtual On

Armored Core: Formula Front works exactly like that. Its a very good game for the PSP that is often overlooked. It has lots of options, a relatively steep learning curve, and the ability to design your mechs and let the AI fight in the arena, or you can control the mech yourself.

Damn, Japan really is the land of PSP heaven. Carnage Hearts Portable, Dai Senryaku Portable......
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 11:35:43 PM by Dante Rising » Logged
ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 11:37:00 PM »

Wow, Carnage Hearts would make me purchase a PSP here in the states biggrin  It looks fun and amazing.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 01:57:48 AM »

I'm very on the fence and close to buying the import version of Carnage Hearts.  Can the US PSP play a JP game?  Too bad it's not like the NEoGeo portable that had both english and japanese on the cartridge smile

I noticed that the actual programming blocks appear to be understandable so it'd just be the storyline, menus and part descriptions that would be in an untelligible script slywink

Flashback to when I had a japanese ps1 and ps2 and more import games than domestic.  Was hoping to never import again. 

« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 02:07:43 AM by Harkonis » Logged
ROTC1983

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 02:29:54 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on April 04, 2007, 01:57:48 AM

I'm very on the fence and close to buying the import version of Carnage Hearts.  Can the US PSP play a JP game?  Too bad it's not like the NEoGeo portable that had both english and japanese on the cartridge smile

I noticed that the actual programming blocks appear to be understandable so it'd just be the storyline, menus and part descriptions that would be in an untelligible script slywink

Flashback to when I had a japanese ps1 and ps2 and more import games than domestic.  Was hoping to never import again. 

Same question here...do imports play on the PSP...if they do, I am purchasing a PSP and getting that game biggrin

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 02:48:09 AM »

Quote from: ROTC1983 on April 04, 2007, 02:29:54 AM

Same question here...do imports play on the PSP...if they do, I am purchasing a PSP and getting that game biggrin

To the best of my knowledge, the PSP is completely region free. That's why you can find European (and some Japanese) PSP games over at places like Fry's Electronics.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
ROTC1983

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2007, 03:02:11 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on April 04, 2007, 02:48:09 AM

Quote from: ROTC1983 on April 04, 2007, 02:29:54 AM

To the best of my knowledge, the PSP is completely region free. That's why you can find European (and some Japanese) PSP games over at places like Fry's Electronics.

Next paycheck...dang it.  Or should I wait and pick up one of the "new and improved" ones that are coming out (so they say biggrin)?  Sorry for hijacking the thread.  This game caught my attention.  I will stop posting in here and either make a new thread take it to PM.  Sorry OP.

Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2007, 12:46:55 PM »

Carnage Heart. No region protection:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9f-49-en-15-carnage%2Bheart-70-1eiy.html
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2007, 12:59:25 PM »

You have just made me one happy CH fanboy!  I used to run a Carnage Heart fansite/program archive when the PS1 game was new. Heck...I still have the PS1 game and saves from it.  One guy taught me a very enterprising was to program.   Never have the program flow hit the outside edge once the round starts.  Bring the flow to the middle of the grid and send your various loops out from there.  Much more efficient program that reacts faster.  

I know this is serious thread derailment, but Carnage Heart was a very revolutionary title and I'd like to see it continue.  It was one of the few games that allowed for real programming and provided enough icons that you could build very in depth programs.  Several other players actually made use of team attacks using the radio.  It was pretty impressive.

What I like even more is that the program grid screenshot shows more than just NSEW connections between chips.  Apparantly NE SW, SE, and NW are valid program flow directions.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2007, 01:36:22 PM »

I have a Japan PSP and evrything plays fine.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
ROTC1983

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2007, 09:09:54 PM »

I might just import the game now...thanks everyone frown  crybaby

SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2007, 10:40:45 PM »

Back to the demo.  I played it.  It sucks.  Like, really bad.

Just Hiro will do.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2007, 05:58:30 AM »

Since AC4 is crap, why don't we continue the CH and ACFF talk here?  Tongue

Well, what about Armored Core Formula Front for the PSP?

Looks exactly like Carnage Heart except with armored core mechs.

Is CH's fights only between AI or can you directly control the mechs?

Is the programming on CH better than in ACFF?
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2007, 06:59:06 AM »

AC4 is not crap if you liked the older AC games.

In fact, very little has changed. If you loved the older AC games and would enjoy a new version with better tuned controls and slightly prettier graphics then it should be fine.

If you hated AC before, this isn't going to change your mind.

From was very obviously not even attempting at satisfying anyone but the people who were already going to buy the game no matter what.

I'm enjoying it a lot so far, though I do wish they hadn't toyed any with the interface from the old versions. The new one is a little confusing at first.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2007, 07:48:25 PM »

I agree, it's a fun game, but if you were looking for something to change since the previous AC's... nothing did.  I would still prefer another well done robotech game, or a mechwarrior game (more simmy please), to the AC series.  Especially if this is indicative of how much they are willing to actually work to improve the series.  IE... not at all.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: