http://gamingtrend.com
August 27, 2014, 11:11:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [XBLA] Live Arcade Wednesday - Alien Hominid HD  (Read 2868 times)
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 28, 2007, 05:03:35 PM »

Since I haven't seen any threads on this, I thought I'd post it. I'm not steppin' on toes here; this is Hetz's normal thread. He just seems to be asleep at the wheel, or otherwise indisposed. smile

According to Major Nelson, the remake of Alien Hominid has been released.

Name: Alien Hominid HD
Price: 800 Points
Availability: All Xbox Live regions.
Dash Details: Single Player, Xbox LIVE Multiplayer 2-4, HD (High Definition). Buy the full version of Alien Hominid HD, the award-winning classic from the Behemoth. Includes 16 full levels in beautiful high-definition, 7 mini-games, and 50 all new PDA levels. With completely hand-drawn graphics, this one-of-a-kind Xbox LIVE Arcade title will make your console happy again!

Oh, and no mention of Weather or Asses in this thread. I'd appreciate it.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 08:27:47 PM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 05:06:46 PM »

Nevermind... he covered it in a different thread title.

http://www.gamingtrend.com/forums/index.php/topic,18423.msg244428.html#msg244428

Anyways, it's out now.

Go gett'r!!

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 06:28:05 PM »

Quote from: Purge on February 28, 2007, 05:03:35 PM

Since I haven't seen any threads on this, I thought I'd post it. I'm not steppin' on toes here; this is Hetz's normal thread. He just seems to be asleep at the wheel, or otherwise indisposed. smile

According to Major Nelson, the remake of Alien Hominid has been released.

Name: Alien Hominid HD
Price: 800 Points
Availability: All Xbox Live regions.
Dash Details: Single Player, Xbox LIVE Multiplayer 2-4, HD (High Definition). Buy the full version of Alien Hominid HD, the award-winning classic from the Behemoth. Includes 16 full levels in beautiful high-definition, 7 mini-games, and 50 all new PDA levels. With completely hand-drawn graphics, this one-of-a-kind Xbox LIVE Arcade title will make your console happy again!

No, I'm done with these kinds of threads after the Xbox fanboy pile-on in my thread last week. Feel free to continue them though. smile

Oh and I love Alien Hominid. Nice release, MS!

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 07:33:02 PM »

Quote from: Hetz
I'm done with these kinds of threads after the Xbox fanboy pile-on in my thread last week.

What's the weather like up your own ass?

« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 07:43:55 PM by rrmorton » Logged
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 07:57:30 PM »

Thanks once again for your valuable contribution to the forum, rrmorton.

Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 08:01:26 PM »

Impressions or get off the pot, knuckleheads.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 08:04:51 PM »

i downloaded the demo of this at the same time as the new trailer for battlefield bad company(which is funny..gonna get that)..but have yet to play it

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 08:26:29 PM »

Hey, I specifically said I want no mention of either Weather or asses in my thread.

You're thinkin' to yourself "Purge may just have edited the original post just now, or maybe not."... maybe you're feeling lucky.

So, are you feeling lucky .. punk?

let's keep it civil, and on the topic of blowing away the vapid wastes of flesh we call humans. smile No fanbois, no piling ons. It's like this freakin' thread topic is cursed!!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 08:29:09 PM by Purge » Logged

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 08:51:19 PM »

Quote from: rrmorton on February 28, 2007, 07:33:02 PM

Quote from: Hetz
I'm done with these kinds of threads after the Xbox fanboy pile-on in my thread last week.

What's the weather like up your own ass?

Uncalled for rmorton.  That sort of baiting won't be tolerated here.  Cut it out.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 09:00:31 PM »

Oh, mama. That's about the best Steve Carrell quote in the history of the Daily Show. It's funny! Where's the collective sense of humor gone?!

I've never played Alien Hominid but it looks kinda fun I guess. Should I get it?
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 09:04:22 PM »

I've never played AH either. In fact I have never even heard of it.  I am going to try the demo tonight.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 09:09:14 PM »

Quote from: rrmorton on February 28, 2007, 09:00:31 PM

Oh, mama. That's about the best Steve Carrell quote in the history of the Daily Show. It's funny! Where's the collective sense of humor gone?!

It's gone the same place as the topic of this thread, which is impressions of the damn XBLA game in the title: that is, NOT HERE!  You know what is here?  A whole bunch of personal bickering centering around Hetz and the people who don't like him, AGAIN.

I don't care if you thought it was funny.  It wasn't.  Go away.

Sorry, I've lost my sense of humor around the whole Hetz thing, since every time I come to the Console Games forum for a thread I'm interested in, it's all I see.  It got old long ago, people got their vacations or whatever, and it hasn't stopped.  STOP IT.  Nobody wants to read about Hetz and his enemies slapping each other in the face with their e-peens in console threads about promising games.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 09:11:43 PM »

There is a free demo portion of this game too, right? Cause I want to try before I buy smile
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 09:17:00 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on February 28, 2007, 09:11:43 PM

There is a free demo portion of this game too, right? Cause I want to try before I buy smile

Yeah.  Also, I don't know if anyone here listened to Major Nelson's latest podcast, but he had a lengthy interview with one of the guys working on AH.  Neat, and very detailed about some portions of the game, esp. the art direction; they apparently wanted to change the art style for the 360, decided it lacked the soul they wanted, and changed the style back.  Good to see game devs can still change momentum on something like that.

Also of interest was the 'game-within-a-game'; apparently there's a platformer minigame that's playable multiplayer over Live.  I'm really looking forward to obtaining a working 360 so I can play this.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2007, 09:19:23 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on February 28, 2007, 09:04:22 PM

I've never played AH either. In fact I have never even heard of it.  I am going to try the demo tonight.

I played the PS2 version of the game and I like it. One thing though....it's VERY HARD. It's throw your controller in DOA4 kind of hard, in parts. That said, I love the art and I love the type of game it is (like Contra and Metal Slug).

I am buying it on Live though, cause I want to see more games like this.

Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 09:22:09 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on February 28, 2007, 09:19:23 PM

I played the PS2 version of the game and I like it. One thing though....it's VERY HARD. It's throw your controller in DOA4 kind of hard, in parts. That said, I love the art and I love the type of game it is (like Contra and Metal Slug).

Not only that, I want to see more game companies self-publish.  There was  a comment on the MN podcast about that, to the effect of Nelson asking why they didn't find a publisher.  They said that with Live, they feel that they can create a game under their vision, distribute it the way they want, and get feedback and make adjustments or decisions accordingly.  Which is just plain awesome as a philosophy.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2007, 09:25:11 PM »

Quote from: Clanwolfer on February 28, 2007, 09:22:09 PM

Quote from: Hetz on February 28, 2007, 09:19:23 PM

Not only that, I want to see more game companies self-publish.  There was  a comment on the MN podcast about that, to the effect of Nelson asking why they didn't find a publisher.  They said that with Live, they feel that they can create a game under their vision, distribute it the way they want, and get feedback and make adjustments or decisions accordingly.  Which is just plain awesome as a philosophy.

For sure.

That is a big positive about Xbox Live, PSN and Wii Store. There is the potential for lots of great games to be big hits that might have otherwise been passed over due to not having a big name behind them.

kathode

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 12:29:43 AM »

Quote from: Clanwolfer on February 28, 2007, 09:22:09 PM

The picture is a little skewed since they were talking to The Behemoth, who were in the lucky position of having an entire game already done and already out on other consoles to show off.  Self-publishing is all well and fine but the cash to make the game still has to come from somewhere.  Obtaining financing is every bit the catch-22 situation for Live as for a full game - You need money to make a game, you need a game to make money.  That said, while it's not all roses, trying to get that $100k budget for your Live game is certainly a better place to be than trying to get $20 million for your full retail project.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2007, 01:25:47 AM »

Umm yeah.  This game is hard.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2007, 05:43:16 AM »

I'm passing this time around.  I had it for Gamecube and enjoyed it, but I just don't have the patience for the difficulty again.  Also, the achievements look kind of tough (there's one where you have to bite, I think, 50 heads without shooting or landing on the ground).

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2007, 01:09:27 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on March 01, 2007, 01:25:47 AM

Aww man that does not bode well for me. Hard platformers usually make me want to scream.
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2007, 02:26:42 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on March 01, 2007, 01:09:27 PM

Quote from: denoginizer on March 01, 2007, 01:25:47 AM

Aww man that does not bode well for me. Hard platformers usually make me want to scream.

Ditto. I think I'm gonna sit this one out.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2007, 02:27:27 PM »

From everything I have read, this game is too hard for me.  Yes I admit it, I am a wuss when it comes to game difficulty in general.  DOA4, you can burn in hell with Ninja Gaiden, no matter how good the game is.
Austin

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2007, 03:52:11 PM »

Quote from: Clanwolfer on February 28, 2007, 09:09:14 PM

Sorry, I've lost my sense of humor ...

Oh so like we're supposed to trust a guy with no sense of humor on what's funny or not?   retard
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2007, 04:18:24 PM »

Quote from: Austin on March 01, 2007, 03:52:11 PM

Oh so like we're supposed to trust a guy with no sense of humor on what's funny or not?   retard

It wasn't. Now drop it. kthxbye

Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2007, 04:23:31 PM »

Lotta armchair mods in this thread...
Austin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2007, 04:32:49 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on March 01, 2007, 04:18:24 PM

Quote from: Austin on March 01, 2007, 03:52:11 PM

It wasn't. Now drop it. kthxbye

I was just pointing out the internal inconsistency in Clan's post.  I never commented on what was funny or not.   retard  (there, met quota)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2007, 04:39:20 PM »

Every time there is an XBL download thread or a PS3 thread I get reports to lock it.  Learn to get along people....

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
warning

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2007, 04:44:22 PM »

Austin - Roughly 11 posts went by that were on topic and then you derailed the thread back to the personal baiting and sniping.  Take that crap somewhere else - it doesn't belong here.

Hetz - Your insistence on having the last word whenever these things come up means your stay here will (unfortunately) be very short.  I'd suggest you make a decision to not respond at all when these snipefests come up if you want to continue posting here.

Edit: dammit Ron.  You are a freaking ninja!  Where'd that post come from?
Austin

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2007, 04:50:18 PM »

Quote from: warning on March 01, 2007, 04:44:22 PM

Austin - Roughly 11 posts went by that were on topic and then you derailed the thread back to the personal baiting and sniping.  Take that crap somewhere else - it doesn't belong here.

Hetz - Your insistence on having the last word whenever these things come up means your stay here will (unfortunately) be very short.  I'd suggest you make a decision to not respond at all when these snipefests come up if you want to continue posting here.

I was out of town and missed it before.  Anyway, my intent was humor.  /sighs wistfully  tear  Every now and then I get a little bit tired of listening to the sound of my tears.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2007, 04:53:23 PM »

The game looks really nice.  The difficulty, mainly in the one shot and your dead part, would drive me insane.

Too bad, I'd like to spend more time on it, but, I know it would drive me crazy along with probably causing me to need a new controller.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2007, 04:56:49 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on March 01, 2007, 02:27:27 PM

From everything I have read, this game is too hard for me.  Yes I admit it, I am a wuss when it comes to game difficulty in general.  DOA4, you can burn in hell with Ninja Gaiden, no matter how good the game is.

That would make me an 'OUT!'.

and yes warning, Ron is a ninja.  It's unfortunate that you found out, as you will now need to be 'removed' and replaced with a posting bot.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2007, 05:12:18 PM »

A balder one with more pressurized contents.

I R out for this one. I am waiting for Castlevania.

Kratz
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2007, 05:31:39 PM »

Tried the demo.

It's stylish, but man... not for me.  Just annoying.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2007, 07:59:42 PM »

Quote from: warning on March 01, 2007, 04:44:22 PM

The last word? WTF! I just said it wasn't funny....WHICH IT WASN'T! I didn't insult them. Christ. I know some of the mods here have a hard-on for getting rid of me, but christ.

You know what. I am sick of this. Maybe you should deal with the people that can't fucking control themselves and constantly snipe at me. You think this forum will be better with me banned or the fucking dipshits that keep harassing me? Don't answer that, I don't care anymore. No need to ban me, I'm gone.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2007, 08:12:40 PM »

I am not happy with this development frown Hetz has been very well behaved lately and is getting a lot of flack when he hasn't started jack. I really hope we can all continue to work out some of these issues, because they just aren't necessary all the time.

Seriously guys, come on.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2007, 08:43:50 PM »

Whatever. 
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2007, 08:48:57 PM »

I'm gald I tried the demo first.  If I bought this game I would be compelled to try and finish it.  And then I would probably break my controller.  One shot kills + getting shot by guys off the screen= rediculous,

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2007, 08:50:15 PM »

When I get connected I may just try it out. It's been a while since a side-scroller held my attention

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2007, 09:04:46 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on March 01, 2007, 08:12:40 PM

I am not happy with this development frown Hetz has been very well behaved lately and is getting a lot of flack when he hasn't started jack. I really hope we can all continue to work out some of these issues, because they just aren't necessary all the time.

Seriously guys, come on.

I agree.  I think people have been coming down on Hetz for his amusing grumpiness over Microsoft's lack of exciting XBLA releases.  When he tried to back away from it, people were wondering where his comments were.  When he started commenting again, people tore him a new one.  Can't blame the guy for feeling abused, really.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: