http://gamingtrend.com
August 21, 2014, 08:28:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (XBL) Band of Bugs  (Read 1363 times)
Lee
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2007, 02:33:25 AM »

Screenshots here.

Not too exciting looking, but I love tatical RPGs so I am looking forward to it. Anyone have any news on it, such as a release date?
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 02:45:03 AM »

First I have heard of it but games like this occasionally can surprise......I will keep an eye out for some info.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 05:43:23 AM »

Cool, I think.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 06:35:43 AM »

didnt ninja bee do cloning clyde?,i quite enjoyed that game,so i may try this out

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 06:38:08 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 06, 2007, 06:35:43 AM

didnt ninja bee do cloning clyde?,i quite enjoyed that game,so i may try this out

Yep - and Outpost Kaloki.

I'm not real into the bug theme, but I do very much like the turn-based tactical stuff.
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 01:41:14 PM »

I love FRESH gaming ideas, reminds me of the early days of PC Gaming in particular, something I sorely miss...

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 02:24:53 PM »

Quote from: Lee on February 06, 2007, 02:33:25 AM

Screenshots here.

Not too exciting looking, but I love tatical RPGs so I am looking forward to it. Anyone have any news on it, such as a release date?

Are you sure about the RPG aspect?  I don't see any mention of that.  Honestly, that would up my interest a bit if it's true.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 03:26:55 PM »

First I heard of this game was the announcement of the next 10 XBLA games a couple weeks ago.  It piqued my interest then and I'm still curious to give it a shot.  I really enjoyed Cloning Clyde and the little I played of OK was nice as well.  I have high hopes that they'll deliver another solid "lite" game that is exactly what I expect out of XBLA.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 04:38:51 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on February 06, 2007, 02:24:53 PM

Quote from: Lee on February 06, 2007, 02:33:25 AM

Screenshots here.

Are you sure about the RPG aspect?  I don't see any mention of that.  Honestly, that would up my interest a bit if it's true.

Actually I assumed I guess, since it's tatical and they talk about heros. Will be sorely disappointed if it's not.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 01:09:18 AM »

Just went through the trial. Its fun, but not sure if I will be buying it.

Graphics are ok, nothing special. Think that Dinsey movie about the bugs. Special effects are ok also. It doesn't blow you away but it looks decent. You can scroll the camera and zoom in and out, but I couldn't zoom in either direction as far as I would have liked.

Sound is kind of blah. The bug sound like they are speaking some of kind of asian language, and one of them was really annoying. Honestly I didn't pay attention to sound much since I have fans running all over the place.

Game play is standard tactical stuff. Move, then switch weapons, use an item/skill/spell, attack, or wait. Higher ground, flanking, etc gives you a bonus. The attack has a chance of a crit or weak damage, but usually does a set amount. Chances increase/decrease as you level.

One thing I didn't like is that it tells you which team gets to move a character when for the round. For instance it will show purple/blue/blue/purple. Purple teams starts the round and can move either of his charcters first, then the blue team gets to move his characters and then finally purple gets to move his other character. I would prefer that the characters speed determined when he got to move. As it is, there is strategy on who to move when, but I didn't like it done that way.

Missions in the trial were mostly kill all the enemies. There was a reach spot X and hold until the end of the round while wave after wave of enemies came in. Also there are egg holders. The last mission each team had an egg holder (weak combat unit, but seem strong against other egg holders). Kill the enemy egg holder and you get the egg which gives you a new character.

Characters level (the game doesn't tell you when they do), and their stats go up. I didn't get pick which skills to raise or anything. I didn't see any stores to buy new weapons or items from either. Maybe the full game has more in this respect. There are character classes, warrior, healer, rouge, archer appear in the demo.

Anyway, it's fun, but I would really like a lot more RPG elements before I would buy it.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 11:37:06 AM »

Picked this up last night and am really enjoying it.  It isn't super deep but it is alot of fun.  Playing this makes me wish a company would make a video game version of Heroclix/Mechwarrior Clix, etc...this game engine could handle it very well.
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 01:22:07 PM »

I didn't get a chance to check: is there any MP in this game?

PSN ID: EduardoX
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 02:38:10 PM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on June 21, 2007, 01:22:07 PM

I didn't get a chance to check: is there any MP in this game?

Yeah there is, tho I haven't had a chance to try it.
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2007, 12:18:19 AM »

It isn't super deep but it is alot of fun.  Playing this makes me wish a company would make a video game version of Heroclix/Mechwarrior Clix

hey arkon im pretty sure there is a game based on hero clix (is that the sword and sorcery one?)  its on the ds and its tactical strategy but for the life of me i cant remember the name.  i seriously considered grabbing it but lost interest in the ds around that time.  from what i remember the game was pretty decent - think in the "fun with some flaws but far from great" realm
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2007, 02:38:03 AM »

heroclix is superheroes, marvel and dc

Mage Knight is what I think you are thinking of
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2007, 10:17:53 AM »

Yeah Mage Knight is the swords and Sorcery "clix" game.  Heroclix is all superheros.  They also have a mechwarrior clix which is awesome.  I own a ton of both heroclix and mechwarrior clix and sadly have no one to ever play with so they sit collecting dust.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2007, 01:47:24 PM »

Let's not forget Horrorclix!

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: