http://gamingtrend.com
August 31, 2014, 09:04:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [XB360] EBGames.com is now sold out of preorders  (Read 911 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2005, 09:17:26 PM »

Just noticed this on their bundle page:

"Orders placed after Noon (EST) on September 6, 2005 may not be filled from our first shipment. We will ship additional bundles as they become available."

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 09:38:45 PM »

I would think most people would preorder through a local store, unless they live in the boonies.  The local ebgames or ebxs near me (in northern VA) are still taking preorders.    

I've been donating all of my old and unplayed xbox games to my xbox 360 preorder "personal fundraiser" at the gamestop near me.  I'm about 65% of the way there to having it fully paid off without spending any real $.  Yay me.  I know my wife is happy that her xmas gift for me keeps going down in price.  Gamestop has that 40% extra value on trade-ins deal if you have 4 or more, so I've been trying to work that.  I've exhausted my library of games I'm willing to trade in, so I'm stuck at about 65% paid off unless I go GTA on a truck shipping xbox titles.
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 10:47:20 PM »

The Gamestop and EB near me are sold out of their initial alotments.

olaf
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 12:30:29 AM »

I'll just take my chances with the big box chains.  My local Best Buy had a case full of PSP's when they hit.  Plus their pre-order program is a joke since your money doesn't even reserve anything.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 01:50:23 AM »

My Gamestop is still doing 2nd shipments. I would go check your closest. Not that I care to support the company but if you are desperate.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 05:47:59 AM »

Neither GameStop or EB know how many copies they are actually getting yet so being "sold out" is really just a way of saying "we can't guarantee anything."  GameStop has been on the "not guaranteed" list since early June but their "guaranteed" number is extrememly conservative.  While EB has chosen to allocate reservations on a store by store basis, GameStop is looking at a total figure so all the stores can continue to accept reservations until they are told not to.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 11:50:05 AM »

I know my EB stopped taking pre-orders long ago.  They only took 60 and they've been sold out for months.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: