http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 10:29:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [XB1] Dead Rising 3  (Read 4019 times)
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2013, 05:41:09 AM »

it looks very nice.  one of the few true next gen games at launch.

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2013, 02:21:17 PM »

I'm not crazy about the graphics (I've been less than impressed with all the "next-gen" graphics I've seen so far), but the gameplay looks fun as hell. And the number of zombies is impressive and one of the few things that definitely screams next-gen.

A buddy of mine was going to buy this, have me buy AC4, and we'd both trade off once we beat them, but I'm thinking it's going to be REALLY hard to wait that long. I have to choose between pirates and zombies? What twist of fate has forced me into such a cruel dilemma?
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2013, 03:26:36 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 06, 2013, 03:13:11 AM

My God at the number of zombies on the screen at one time.    He says they could paint thousands in there.... really no limit.   

Can't wait to play!

The added RAM this Gen is going to be so awesome. Overall I don't think the graphics are going to be that much improved from the stuff we saw late last gen, but the RAM will allow them to do so much more in the game. Especially in games with a ton of characters running around. The open world type games will be much improved.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2013, 09:51:50 PM »

Game Informer's Dan Ryckert says Dead Rising 3 will "be a standout of the launch lineup."

Quote from: Dan Ryckert
Many of the complaints about the original games revolved around frustratingly restrictive systems for saving and other necessary mechanics. The first game’s save system was horrible and the sequel’s combo system constantly required players to seek out work benches. Both issues are remedied in Dead Rising 3, as both saving and combining items can be done on the fly. Saving is a basic pause menu command, and combos are performed with a couple quick button presses in the item menu. With these two additions alone, Dead Rising 3 is instantly more enjoyable and accessible than its restrictive predecessors.

Quote from: Dan Ryckert
Basically, I just ran around and enjoyed myself. Previous games in the series have been good for this, but there was always some issue that kept me from really letting loose and having fun the way this third entry allows me to. Thanks to my hands-on time with the game, Dead Rising 3 is now one of my most-anticipated Xbox One titles.

Hopefully Tim Turi will be handling the full review -- he's their resident zombie expert -- but all signs point to this being a great exclusive for the XB1! thumbsup

-Autistic Angel
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2013, 05:08:07 AM »

http://revision3.com/rev3gamespreviews/dead-rising-3-gameplay

November 22 can't come soon enough... putting dynamite in a zombies mouth and swinging them into a crowd?

IN!!

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2013, 05:32:18 AM »

only 720p and 30 FPS though!! how can we stand it?!?!?!?!?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2013, 05:25:44 PM »

If you worked within the mechanics of the game, the timers didn't cause that much of a headache...and it's actually what makes a DR game a DR game.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2013, 06:10:13 PM »

We'll see you on nightmare mode then? smile

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2013, 06:10:35 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 08, 2013, 05:25:44 PM

If you worked within the mechanics of the game, the timers didn't cause that much of a headache...and it's actually what makes a DR game a DR game.

It's what's kept me from finishing either DR. I hate timers.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2013, 06:11:16 PM »

Top 1000 Zombie Kills in Dead Rising 3

[edit] OK, not as cool as it sounds.  was hoping to see 1000 different kills frown

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2013, 06:13:09 PM »

The game DVR for this is going to be SWEET.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2013, 06:13:24 PM »

yep it is.

Because I can,
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2013, 06:33:42 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 08, 2013, 06:11:16 PM

Top 1000 Zombie Kills in Dead Rising 3

[edit] OK, not as cool as it sounds.  was hoping to see 1000 different kills frown

did that last explosion knock his socks (and the rest of his clothes) off?  eek
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2013, 09:39:44 PM »

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2013, 09:51:40 PM »

There's medication for that.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2013, 09:56:37 PM »

icon_lol

Because I can,
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2013, 10:55:44 PM »

Game Informer's review has gone live.  Tim Turi awarded it an 8.75:

Quote from: Tim Turi
Dead Rising 3 marks the most fun I’ve had with the franchise, but the impressive technical accomplishment comes with its share of problems. Items dropped onto the ground sometimes fall through the world, becoming unobtainable. Crowds of zombies can suddenly fade away, leaving you swinging at the air. Equipped weapons occasionally disappear from your hands. Despite the impressive draw distance, objects can pop-up out of nowhere. The optional Kinect options, like yelling “over here” to attract groups of zombies was cool when it worked – about one out of five times. These annoyances never stalled my overall progress or dramatically impacted the sheer joy of wasting untold numbers of zombies, but they’re enough to make me wish the developers could have spent more time ironing them out.

Capcom Vancouver’s latest entry in the Dead Rising saga is an impressive display of big, dumb fun, and a must-play for fans of the series. It’s also a great demonstration of the outstanding capabilities of next-gen hardware right out of the gate. Thinning out the undead of Los Perdidos is worth your time, but the bugs infesting the sandbox are an unwelcome scourge.

Even with the occasional glitches -- which seem to be a feature of pretty much every open-world game -- this sounds like quite the system-seller!  thumbsup

-Autistic Angel
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2013, 11:12:38 PM »

Sweet, I'm getting excited!  I know there are some mediocre reviews out there as well, but I imagine as long as you don't go in with modest expectations this game should be plenty fun. 

And hopefully they can patch out some of those bigger glitches very soon.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2013, 07:48:49 PM »

played for a bit and enjoyed it.  even though I knew about the masses of zombies my jaw still dropped a bit once I came got to a certain point right at the beginning of the game.

Because I can,
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2013, 08:52:17 PM »

I've uploaded some of my clips of my Zombie Kills..

Loving this game

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2013, 01:00:23 AM »

A buddy of mine and I had the day off and hit the game hard today on co-op. That's the most fun I've had in ages. I loved leaving him to fend for himself, then wandering off only to come running back in wearing nothing but a horse mask and my undies, wielding a katana. We were in tears from laughing.

I understand the graphics complaints - doesn't look particularly next-gen, some occasional frame rate and pop-in issues. But honestly I was having so much fun it didn't matter. It's basically "you're here at A, you need to get to B. Oh and there are about 5000 undead between those points. Figure it out." I love the lack of hand holding, they just turn you loose.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2013, 08:50:30 PM »

So, in the first two (or at least the first one) if you got killed, you had the option of starting over without losing your kill count or PPs. Is that no longer the case?  I started in nightmare mode because I loved the first two but it is significantly harder. Its also hard for me to play when my wife is around so I've probably played the first 15 minutes a half dozen times. Which wouldn't be so bad if I could keep my character progress. Where is the first real save point?  I need to know how long I need to set aside to play this game.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2013, 10:46:02 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on November 30, 2013, 08:50:30 PM

So, in the first two (or at least the first one) if you got killed, you had the option of starting over without losing your kill count or PPs. Is that no longer the case?  I started in nightmare mode because I loved the first two but it is significantly harder. Its also hard for me to play when my wife is around so I've probably played the first 15 minutes a half dozen times. Which wouldn't be so bad if I could keep my character progress. Where is the first real save point?  I need to know how long I need to set aside to play this game.

Experience points and upgrades for *do* carry forward to other game modes in Dead Rising 3.  The trick is that you have to save the game first, which you've been unable to do in Nightmare mode.

That's because one of the major differences in Nightmare mode is that it only allows you to save in safe houses, bathrooms, and porta-potties, similar to the first two games.  These points are not marked on the map -- part of the added challenge is that you're supposed to locate them on your own.

If I owned the game, I would post where you can find the save point closest to the start of the game so you can at least get started.  Instead, maybe someone else here can help out?

-Autistic Angel
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2013, 10:51:27 PM »

There is a overrun safe around trhe corner from the first garage. Its on top of the computer store.. go around back to climb up Also, one of your early mission should be to save a survivor that marks the safe house,...  come to think of it you might need to unlock this mission before you can access the safe houses

NiM$
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2013, 10:53:15 PM »

Apparently there's a amazingly overpowered combo weapon called the Ultimate Grim Reaper. If you get this weapon, you can become an unstoppable PP generating machine that carves through the thickest zombie swarms. It also multiplies PP generation somehow, I think by number of recent kills.

People have been maxing out their characters to level 50, very quickly after getting it, and even after that you can still get skill points.

The weapon itself is swung in a wide arc, and has a special ability where it stores up grenades by killing, which is then unleashed using the heavy attack, and anything killed with grenades also gets the PP multiplier.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2013, 06:49:51 AM »

Ike, when you leave the garage for the first time (first you need to get there - I don't know if you've made it), look on the map for a picture of a house icon (it should be red). Head down the back alley to the right of it, go in the back (you should see a star event in the back yard area). On the back of the building is a green electrical box. Hop up on that, and onto the roof.

From there, kick the door in (apparently Nick has an aversion to germs on door handles) and kill everything inside.

There is a bathroom. Selecting the toilet saves your game.

There is no requirement to go chase down that first mission - in fact, it's blue (meaning optional). I failed to collect the spray cans the first-go-round. I look forward to not failing that one on my next run through.

I'm in the midst of writing up my review of the game for GT.

As for Ultimate Grim Reaper, it's the grenades it tosses into the crowd when you hit Y that really give it that power. Truth be told, I've killed and made just as much PP with other weapons. When you drive your combo up, there are multipliers that get applied. I've been able to level from 43-45 in less than 5 minutes. I once had a combo last for over 700 kills.

The trick lies in choosing where you upgrade wisely. Getting your combos to last longer is under the "smarts" section, and that  (along with substitutions, melee) are what I focused on leveling first. I ended up with a bit in each but I didn't upgrade my health from 1/2way until I was into my early-to-mid fourties.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2013, 06:51:23 AM »

oh crap, I never visited the toilet the one time I played.  Haven't gotten back to the game since, looks like I'll be restarting.

Because I can,
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2013, 10:56:42 AM »

Thanks purge. I will go to the toilet next time I play.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2013, 02:19:16 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on December 01, 2013, 10:56:42 AM

Thanks Ike. That comment plus your avatar just kinda creeped me out.  slywink

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2013, 05:39:21 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on December 01, 2013, 10:56:42 AM

Does Nightmare Mode disable just opening up the game menu and hitting Save?  I just started playing this yesterday and before you get to the garage, there was a porta-potty to save, but when I got to the garage itself, I hit the game menu and just saved from there.  Is there a difference between the two methods or is the menu save not available in Nightmare Mode?

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2013, 11:17:02 PM »

No menu saves in Nightmare Mode, you have to save in restrooms.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2013, 10:27:03 AM »

The bummer though is that you can't just start the game over, keeping your character progress, like you could in the old ones.

Gamertag = IkeV
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2013, 11:57:56 AM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on December 02, 2013, 10:27:03 AM

The bummer though is that you can't just start the game over, keeping your character progress, like you could in the old ones.

I thought you could if you completed the game or maybe that's nightmare+

NiM$
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2013, 01:05:47 PM »

In story mode you can.

IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2013, 03:19:07 PM »

I don't know about the other modes, but that was kind of the whole point of the save system in the older games. You had to level up your character a bit before attempting a run on the full game (which you would then repeat to see all the content). I'm aware the system wasn't popular, but I liked it.

Gamertag = IkeV
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2013, 03:54:29 PM »

I'm not sure I would play this if I had to repeat stuff over and over to level up in order to get through it.  if that was the case I'd grab a free to play MMO instead.

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2013, 04:20:39 PM »

Just fired up the Nightmare mode this morning to validate some stuff for my review.

Two things - once you are running to get to the diner, there is a hallway where they get you to use shouts to get the zombies to fall in a trench. Just before that hallway (after you run down the freeway after the crash) is an outhouse where you can save. Skipping cutscenes lets you get there, from the start, in less than 2 minutes. My character has the zombie swim skill (one of the last skills in the agility tree, the last being unlimited sprint), so I can run through crowds and only get interrupted if they happen to successfully grapple.

Also, nightmare mode, like story mode, your character progression is carried over - so it works exactly as it should. I don't see any option to reset Nick, but I'll check the main menu options when I get home.

Nightmare daytime zombies seem to be as aggressive (and as tough) as the nighttime zombies in story mode. My character is maxxed out - and while I never felt threatened by the beginning zombies, I can see there being a much steeper challenge - looking forward to seeing how the nighttime zombies act in nightmare. Because I'm now familiar with the three main sections of the city (there is a lot of moving between them throughout the course of the game) I expect I should be able to clear it on Nightmare eventually.

Lastly, the first safehouse is directly behind Rhonda's garage. Simply going out the door and heading right and following it to the back alley gets you there. (wasn't exactly sure where it was before on the map).
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 04:24:42 PM by Purge » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2013, 04:21:44 PM »

cool, zombies change depending on the time of day.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2013, 06:31:12 PM »

a bit of a nod towards Dying Light?  I take it that permadeath is still in effect throughout Nightmare mode, right?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2013, 06:35:11 PM »

Quote from: Caine on December 02, 2013, 06:31:12 PM

a bit of a nod towards Dying Light?

State of Decay's zombies are more aggressive at night.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: