http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 07:10:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (Win 8 Tablet) Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate, Fallout  (Read 1885 times)
Dante Rising
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2013, 09:51:38 PM »

I recently purchased an MS Surface Pro Tablet. I downloaded Torment, Fallout, Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, etc from GOG. I was very pleased to learn that they all have native touch screen support! WHY didnt any of you tell me this ?!?!

Using your stylus makes scrolling the screen much easier, but you can basically control everything via touch. (movement, screen drag, spell casting, dialogue, etc) The only tweaks I made were to the combat rules in the gameplay options, so that I had more time to respond in battles. I toggled pause on sighting enemy. I haven't needed my keyboard at all, with the exception of typing in my character's name when I generated my own character. But you can even bypass that by choosing preset names.

With the widescreen mod and increased font size patch, all of these games look they they were created recently. Everything is absolutely stunning in 1080p!! Honestly, the games look more beautiful than some of the RPGs released in the past few years.

An RPG renaissance on my tablet.
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 11:10:45 PM »

I tried that on a surface but the touch interface always messed up.  Right under where I touched it would create a square box and I could see the desktop below it.  I tried several games and all had that problem.  Glad it worked for you.  I returned it right after that because that was the main reason that I bought it.

Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 03:57:04 AM »

Quote from: shon on April 09, 2013, 11:10:45 PM

I tried that on a surface but the touch interface always messed up.  Right under where I touched it would create a square box and I could see the desktop below it.  I tried several games and all had that problem.  Glad it worked for you.  I returned it right after that because that was the main reason that I bought it.

I haven't experienced that problem. Were you running a fully updated Windows 8? The only one I have problems with is Arcanum. For some reason it recognizes the stylus about 6 inches away from the actual point that I am tapping.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: