http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 04:34:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WiiU] WiiFitU  (Read 117 times)
Lordnine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« on: November 02, 2013, 09:01:34 PM »

WiiFitU is now available on the Nintendo eShop with a free one month trial.  After a month you can upgrade to the full version if you buy the $20 Nintendo heart monitor.  I haven’t touched my balance board in at least two years but I thought it would be at least worth a look.

My first impressions are that this is dramatically better than the original WiiFit.  This time around there seems to be at least twice as many games as well as the original yoga and straight exercise apps, many of which are actually fun to use this time around.  Also, I didn’t play around with it much but it looks like you can setup an actual routine this time around without having to go back and forth from the menus.  If I recall, this was one of the biggest complaints of the original.

I do have some complaints of my own though.  I’m a fairly tall, muscular guy (over 6’1), and my stance is also very wide.  If I stand comfortably on the WiiBoard the tips of my toes will be hanging off the sides.  This means that often when the game tells me I am balanced I find myself in about the most awkward stance possible.  Also, since the game basis everything on BMI it can be quite inaccurate.  After weighing me it pointed out that my proper weight should be 166.  From personal experience, anytime in my life when I have been below 180, I start to look sickly to the point people tell me to eat more.

But all of that aside, it’s currently free, a much fuller experience than the original, and if you are a more modestly proportioned person you will probably like it quite a bit.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 01:15:44 AM »

Will there be a retail version of this?  I'm reluctant to fill up so much space on the Wii HD.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 01:42:11 AM »

Yes, it comes out sometime in December.  Honestly though, as easy as it is to hitch an external HD to the WiiU I would think that would be a no brainer at this point.  Besides, if you actually want to use WiiFit every day for a long period of time, wouldn’t you prefer to not have to keep putting the CD in?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: