http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 02:19:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Wii U]ZombieU  (Read 774 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2012, 12:18:16 AM »

I am making this thread for a number of reasons,one is that the game looked half decent although i can't say whether its an 'On Rails' game or not,hope not

There is also word that a 360/PS3 version could happen in the future
http://mynintendonews.com/2012/06/07/zombieu-may-not-be-a-wii-u-exclusive/

and then there are these series of tweets from MrPointyhead of ex-Inside Xbox

Dan Maher ‏@MrPointyHead
Has anyone pointed out that ZombiU is in fact a reboot of a fantastic, Dawn of the Dead-inspired Speccy/C64 game?

Dan Maher ‏@MrPointyHead
If not, I have done just that. Further research reveals that it was Ubisoft's first ever release. That's probably significant.

and he gives this link
http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0005865

I for one was unaware of this anyway Tongue..and i certainly don't remember the game,do you?

As for the Wii U version,i quite liked the teaser trailer,and liked how they had 'God Save The Queen' as the theme,especially when it was the Queen's Jubilee icon_biggrin

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 12:28:55 AM »

It didn't look on rails from the hands on stuff I've seen. And it had some neat concepts like if/when you die you pop in to the game as a new character and to get your stuff back you have to find where you died to get your bag of stuff, plus you can kill your former zombie self. I also like that to get items from your inventory you need to look at the Wii U pad and do your inventory management  there when the game is still running - so it's dangerous.

Hopefully the play mechanics are good.

Right now this is the only game I've seen for the Wii U that has me wanting to buy it Day 1.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 07:50:30 AM »

played a bit tonight; random thoughts:

controls seem off; movement feels 'floaty' to me. 

the info on the Wii Pad can be distracting.  I'll glance down at the map and end up running into walls because I keep moving.

going to take some getting used to having two screens.

melee combat is odd- hold down the left trigger to ready a strike, hit the right one to strike.

not crazy about the flashlight, doesn't seem to illuminate enough.

even with those I can see this game growing on me.  mainly I just need to get used to the controller.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 10:56:30 AM »

I hate how the wii u has that stupid in-game animation that prompts you to look down at the handheld screen. nothing like playing a horror game, and a Nintendo 'bobble head' appears on the center of the screen, instructing you to look in your hands. Talk about an immersion killer.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 03:30:03 AM »

haven't had much of a chance to get back to this until tonight, and I'm about to say fuck it.  I just lost 2 characters:

one due to zombie appearing out of nowhere in areas I know were cleared, in this case the bastard was suddenly behind me in a dead end alley where there was no place he could have come from unless he walked through a wall; I was dealing with another zombie in front of me and suddenly I'm getting hit from behind.

second while I was running from a horde and went to open a door only to discover that the game decided it needed to spring the 'loading' notice on me instead of opening it up to an area I had just been in.  apparently it is something that can happen randomly, as I found out on GameFAQ's:

!WARNING!
In some instances, trying to open that door results in a loading time, which
means you have to wait for the loading to finish before the door will even
open. This is frustrating as hell, but if it happens, quickly equip your pistol
and get your back to the wall. Pick off the zombies from afar until the door
comes open. It may be a waste of ammunition, but it's a necessary waste if you
want to survive.
!WARNING!

great going devs, nice way to randomly screw players over using the game engine.

and seriously, and electricity spewing zombie?  I was assuming this game was going to have a bit more 'realistic' zombies and not Left 4 Dead rejects......
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 03:31:51 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 03:59:27 AM »

My copy just arrived and I have successfully killed two survivors in about an hours time!  I think the game is at its best when you are allowed to explore at your own pace but the game seems to insist on throwing in “screw you” moments where it just throws about a half dozen zombies at you without warning.  Both my deaths occurred when the game spawned a small horde on me in an area that I had previously cleared.

Overall I like a lot of what the game is trying to do but I think it could have used a bit more time to fine tune.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 02:19:47 AM »

I’ve started to encounter some zombies of people from my friends list which is both very cool and helpful!  Anyone else want to be my friend?  I needs to loot your corpses!

Has anyone figured out how to leave survivor messages?  I’ve encountered a few but I either don’t know how to leave them or don’t have access to the ability yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: