http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 09:47:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [wii u] Super Mario 3d World  (Read 1140 times)
The Grue
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2013, 04:27:34 PM »

Downloaded it last night and played the first couple levels.  Levels are interesting so far, but my one complaint is one I knew I'd have, having played the 3DS one and that is it can be hard to tell where to jump.  With 3D, it makes it much easier to land on a Goomba.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2013, 12:14:33 AM »

I downloaded my copy earlier today.  Having a great time with it.  I completed all the levels in the first world and they all seemed to be really unique tried some new things that Iíve never seen in a Mario game before.  I was actually a little surprised when a Goomba was smart enough to chase me through a pipe.  Iím also a little surprised that the general difficulty seemed higher than the last few Mario titles.  Iím not talking Meatboy here but for a first world, it was challenging enough to keep me on your toes and ensure that you donít collect everything in your first run through.

Graphically, this is about as good looking as you could want from a Mario title; everything is bright, vibrant and nicely modeled. 

The four characters also play differently enough to be fun to experiment with.  The game has an option to just randomize which character you take and I have been using it every time.

The only thing I would list as a complaint so far is that the change to momentum is strange.  You start off with a slow walk, go slightly faster if you hold the run button, and then finally gain a huge boost of speed after a couple seconds.  Itís jarring and feels unnatural that you donít have complete control over your momentum.
siege

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2013, 02:39:40 AM »

Played through World 1 with my wife. She's absolutely terrible at it but we had a lot of fun. The visuals are splendid and the stages have been varied with lots of cool designs. It's definitely not as 'epic' as SM64 or SMG were upon first playing but it's a blast in multiplayer.

I agree with the comment above about it being hard to judge jumping on enemies. The 3D display was invaluable for that in SML.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2013, 04:35:44 AM »

I made it to the first Ghost House level and just happened to get Luigi as my character.  I really want a Luigis mansion game on the WiiU now.   nod

Iím happy to see more levels in the later worlds.  World 1 & 2 only had about 5 levels each but World 3 appears to have 12.  I hope that trend continues. 
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2013, 04:41:03 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on November 22, 2013, 04:27:34 PM

Downloaded it last night and played the first couple levels.  Levels are interesting so far, but my one complaint is one I knew I'd have, having played the 3DS one and that is it can be hard to tell where to jump.  With 3D, it makes it much easier to land on a Goomba.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. 3D Land was nearly perfect for that reason. I keep wishing I had a 3D slider in this game, it would be three million times better, by a conservative estimate.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: