http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 08:50:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (Wii)Project Rygar announced  (Read 825 times)
Tebunker
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2007, 02:13:33 PM »

http://wii.ign.com/articles/787/787620p1.html

Rygar was one of my favorite games on the PS2, and I definitely think the Wii-mote would make the experience even better. Exciting to see game announcements slowly trickle out of the land of the rising sun. Looks like the Wii Software library is slowly getting the announcements (check IGN for another article mentioning unamned Capcom and Konami titles in development) many were looking for only 2 months ago.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 02:20:46 PM »

I loved Rygar on the PS2.  I'm looking forward to this game.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 02:54:08 PM »

wow, I haven't played Rygar since the original NES days.  I didn't know they had a PS2 version or I would have grabbed it.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 05:19:24 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 11, 2007, 02:54:08 PM

wow, I haven't played Rygar since the original NES days.  I didn't know they had a PS2 version or I would have grabbed it.

you can probably still find it cheap, like less than $5 now, and I'd wager it still looks good. I think I may go back and pick it up. I would be willing to say that it was a good inspiration to God of War, as they fairly similiar.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 06:21:04 PM »

I played Rygar on the PS2, and actually I won my copy at E3 the year it came out. You know those contraptions where you have a rubber sledge-hammer and you hit a pod which shoots a ball up a spine-like thingy that dings a bell if you hit it right? I have no idea what that thing is called, but I won a copy for myself and my friend that year. Oh how I miss E3  tear

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 03:13:41 AM »

So, I went and got Rygar for the PS2, um this game is great, it's like this game laid the groundwork for God of War. Very good gameplay, horrible translation and writing. Definitely worth the 6.99 I spent at Gamestop, and I am anticipating a Wii Rygar even more now.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 03:30:53 AM »

Quote from: Tebunker on May 11, 2007, 05:19:24 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on May 11, 2007, 02:54:08 PM

you can probably still find it cheap, like less than $5 now, and I'd wager it still looks good. I think I may go back and pick it up. I would be willing to say that it was a good inspiration to God of War, as they fairly similiar.

Too bad I ditched my PS2 when my backlog was getting out of control or I'd grab it.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: