http://gamingtrend.com
August 02, 2014, 02:25:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Wii]Madworld  (Read 1206 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2009, 02:15:37 AM »

this is a Wii game?  damn, it almost makes me miss mine. 

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 05:00:15 PM »

I'm all for more mature games on the Wii, but I've seen a couple of previews for Madworld now, and it looks kind of...boring. Once you get past the "ohmigodlookatallthatblood" there doesn't look to be much game there. You seem to run around aimlessly in a contained environment just killing guys over and over again. Hopefully I'm wrong because the Wii could use a good core gamer title to get the ball rolling.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 05:02:10 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on March 04, 2009, 05:00:15 PM

I'm all for more mature games on the Wii, but I've seen a couple of previews for Madworld now, and it looks kind of...boring. Once you get past the "ohmigodlookatallthatblood" there doesn't look to be much game there. You seem to run around aimlessly in a contained environment just killing guys over and over again. Hopefully I'm wrong because the Wii could use a good core gamer title to get the ball rolling.

X-Play had a video preview of the game on Monday and I didn't come away very impressed. It looked like a below average beat-em up with unique graphics. I hope I am wrong.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 05:11:58 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on March 04, 2009, 05:02:10 PM

X-Play had a video preview of the game on Monday and I didn't come away very impressed. It looked like a below average beat-em up with unique graphics. I hope I am wrong.

Yeah, that was one of the previews I saw.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 05:53:54 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on March 04, 2009, 05:11:58 PM

Hey if it doesn't pan out there's always the recently released House of the Dead Overkill.  slywink thumbsup
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 06:22:06 PM »

while my hatred of the wii-mote is now 100% complete/total/absolute (thanks, deadly creatures smile ), i do want to support platinum games (which includes former members of clover (okami) & some guy named shinji mikami), & i've read that the game has an actual, even interesting, story, so, yeah, i'll be there...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 08:15:19 PM »

The gameplay looks really dull.  The art style is sort of neat, but I'm somewhat irritated at the over the top violence.  It screams all fluff and no fun.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 09:55:35 PM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on March 04, 2009, 08:15:19 PM

The gameplay looks really dull.  The art style is sort of neat, but I'm somewhat irritated at the over the top violence.  It screams all fluff and no fun.

I agree. That Gametrailers segment was entertaining for the first 20 seconds. How many times can you throw the same waves of enemies into a spiked press before tedium sets in?

Love the art style, however.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 10:48:49 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on March 04, 2009, 05:53:54 PM

Hey if it doesn't pan out there's always the recently released House of the Dead Overkill.  slywink thumbsup

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.  HotD:O is a really great game.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 11:10:29 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on March 04, 2009, 10:48:49 PM

Nope, not being sarcastic at all. People were expressing a desire for mature rated games for the Wii and I think HotDO is an excellent choice and a great game.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 11:28:49 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on March 04, 2009, 11:10:29 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on March 04, 2009, 10:48:49 PM

Nope, not being sarcastic at all. People were expressing a desire for mature rated games for the Wii and I think HotDO is an excellent choice and a great game.

Sorry, I just came out of the Riddick thread where people are getting their National Sarcasm Society memberships revoked.

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 06:30:24 PM »

I finally took the shrinkwrap off this last night.

Oh boy, is it ever a blast.  Made it past the first boss fight, and I the finishing attacks on that boss were so over the top in a good way that I couldn't help but laugh with glee.  Can't wait to dive more into this one.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 01:04:46 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on April 16, 2009, 06:30:24 PM

Oh boy, is it ever a blast.  Made it past the first boss fight, and I the finishing attacks on that boss were so over the top in a good way that I couldn't help but laugh with glee.  Can't wait to dive more into this one.

But is there more to this game other than the fact that it's blood and foul language on the Wii?

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 02:05:22 PM »

Quote from: fyedaddy on April 17, 2009, 01:04:46 PM

But is there more to this game other than the fact that it's blood and foul language on the Wii?

It's entertaining and very action-heavy, but not deep at all and commentator dialogue and ways to kill both get repetitive very quickly.  Fun, but it was definitely over-hyped based purely on the B&W visuals and the "Mature on Wii" aspects.

Yahtzee just did a take on it:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/673-MadWorld

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 02:30:49 PM »

Quote from: fyedaddy on April 17, 2009, 01:04:46 PM

I haven't played past the first area yet, so I cannot say.  I know I can't wait to dive into it more, though.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: