http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 06:35:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Wii] Virtual Console Games for 3/5  (Read 1053 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2007, 02:45:30 PM »

Elevator Action (NES®, 1-2 players, 500 Wii Points): This is a multidirectional, scroll-type spy-action game that is a blast from the past. Control a spy and sneak alone into a building to steal the secret papers hidden there. Use a pistol, kicks, an elevator and even the lights to take out the building's guards. The gun-fighting action is full of thrills. Players will need speed and timing to get on the elevators, move between floors, steal the secret papers and escape from the basement parking lot.

Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts™ (Super NES®, 1 player, 800 Wii Points): The third game in the legendary Ghosts 'n Goblins series of video games, Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts follows Arthur in another quest to rescue the princess, his fair maiden and damsel in distress at large. Players take control of Arthur and defeat the creatures of the night to save the day once more. Discover what glory awaits those brave enough to take on the armies of Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts.

Sword of Vermilion™ (Sega Genesis, 1 player, 800 Wii Points): Sword of Vermilion is about the role of Erik's son, who takes on a quest of revenge to defeat Tsarkon and free the world of Vermilion from evil. In the town of Excalabria, the people went about their business and tended to the fields. One day, vicious fighting broke out everywhere as the army of Cartahena, led by the wizard-king Tsarkon, swarmed all over the town. The townsmen were overwhelmed. The castle of King Erik V collapsed. Erik summoned his bravest, strongest and most faithful warrior, Blade, and gave him his infant son and an ancient family heirloom, the ring of wisdom. He ordered Blade to save himself and the child while the castle burned. Blade traveled to a small village named Wyclif, where he settled down and raised the child as his own son. Eighteen years later, the son of Erik begins his quest. Save the world of Vermilion and fulfill the prophecy of the Malaga fortune-tellers!

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 03:05:30 PM »

I remember getting Sword of Vermillion as my next big Genesis RPG after finishing the amazing Phantasy Star 2.  By that standard it was a huge disappointment but I still enjoyed my time with the game overall. 
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 03:06:18 PM »

I have good memories of the arcade version of Elevator Action, anyone remember how good of a port the NES version was?
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 05:48:51 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on March 05, 2007, 03:06:18 PM

I have good memories of the arcade version of Elevator Action, anyone remember how good of a port the NES version was?

I hear it's not that good of a port. But I have not played it personally at all to confirm this. Never was a fan of the game.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 06:02:47 PM »

That's so weird. Last week while reading the VC info, something reminded me of Elevator Action. I think it was one of the other game titles that brought it to mind. (EDIT: It was the Impossible Mission thread.) I hadn't thought of Elevator Action in years and now it's getting released. FREAKY!

I loved Elevator Action when I was a kid, but I can't imagine it would be much fun for me today. I still haven't busted out the credit card to purchase Wii points for the VC and I don't see that changing unless they cut their prices way, way down.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 06:21:52 PM by rrmorton » Logged
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 06:06:00 PM »

I'm fine with the prices, I just have a hard time justifying buying any of these games, when I have 360 games that I KNOW I will play over these. Some of them just don't hold up well, but I don't really know why that is. Kind of a meh week for VC titles this week though.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 06:19:18 PM »

Why does Nintendo even bother releasing new VC games, when Gunstar Heroes so clearly rules all.

Just Hiro will do.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 06:23:16 PM »

Since I still haven't downloaded Super Mario World, Gunstar Heroes or R-type III, I don't see myself purchasing any of these titles.
I'm curious about Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts, but since it's only single player that more or less rules it out.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 09:08:47 PM »

Super G&G is supposedly Super Tough, too.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 09:22:34 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on March 05, 2007, 09:08:47 PM

That's putting it nicely from what I know.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 09:59:29 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on March 05, 2007, 09:22:34 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on March 05, 2007, 09:08:47 PM

That's putting it nicely from what I know.

Thanks for letting me know, you've both saved me the pain of discovering this for myself.  slywink
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 10:50:22 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 05, 2007, 03:05:30 PM

I remember getting Sword of Vermillion as my next big Genesis RPG after finishing the amazing Phantasy Star 2.  By that standard it was a huge disappointment but I still enjoyed my time with the game overall. 

Are you kidding? I thought Sword of Vermillion was one of the finest RPGs of that entire generation. I played it entirely on a friends borrowed genesis, and loved every second of it. The graphics were awesome, the real time combat was deep. Jesus I loved that game.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 11:34:09 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on March 05, 2007, 10:50:22 PM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 05, 2007, 03:05:30 PM

Are you kidding? I thought Sword of Vermillion was one of the finest RPGs of that entire generation. I played it entirely on a friends borrowed genesis, and loved every second of it. The graphics were awesome, the real time combat was deep. Jesus I loved that game.

Heh, that's all I remember- enjoying it but being disappointed because it wasn't nearly as good as Phantasy Star 2.  Couldn't tell you anything else about the game. Well, one other thing stuck in my memory (Spoilers I guess:)
Spoiler for Hiden:
Coming back at one point and finding everyone in town dead
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 07:12:10 AM »

I'm playing Sword of Vermilion again on the Sega Genesis Collection for PS2, and I'm surprised how much fun it still is.  The combat is very simple, the story is barely there, and the graphics are nothing special, but it's still fun for some reason.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2007, 07:21:59 AM »

super g n' g would be the only one if i got any...if UK get the same games this week,i think i can guarentee another week of not turning on my Wii

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: