http://gamingtrend.com
August 28, 2014, 01:51:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Telltale]The Walking Dead  (Read 9785 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 26, 2013, 11:50:55 AM »

yep, it was interesting.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 03, 2013, 04:08:15 AM »

According to the Telltale Games Twitter page, season 2 is due out this month! And here is a preview pic:

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: December 03, 2013, 06:12:34 PM »

a little rusty on the characters, but is that the guy from Clem's group or a new person?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 03, 2013, 06:30:35 PM »

I think that is the guy from the last game.

Because I can,
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 03, 2013, 07:22:16 PM »

I was thinking he died in my game. Maybe not? Was there a point in the game you had to choose?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2013, 07:26:40 PM »

Quote from: Crawley on December 03, 2013, 07:22:16 PM

I was thinking he died in my game. Maybe not? Was there a point in the game you had to choose?

I think he survives no matter what.

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 03, 2013, 09:20:01 PM »

Maybe we should start a new thread for Season 2?  This thread was about the first season, and we're getting into unmarked spoiler territory.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 12, 2013, 11:18:15 PM »

Season 2 Trailer

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 12, 2013, 11:35:54 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on December 12, 2013, 11:18:15 PM

Season 2 Trailer

Looks great, but still no word on new systems?
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 13, 2013, 01:30:46 AM »

Quote from: EddieA on December 03, 2013, 09:20:01 PM

Maybe we should start a new thread for Season 2?  This thread was about the first season, and we're getting into unmarked spoiler territory.

Light it up!

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 17, 2013, 07:27:18 PM »

Um apparently this goes live TODAY on PS3 in NA and is on steam WW now.  Tomorrow for XBL.  Yowza!!!!!
soulbringer
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 17, 2013, 07:56:02 PM »

Just finished the first chapter. All I will say is Im glad this is episodic content.  The intensity doesnt let up imo. 
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 17, 2013, 11:54:01 PM »

Quote from: soulbringer on December 17, 2013, 07:56:02 PM

Just finished the first chapter. All I will say is Im glad this is episodic content.  The intensity doesnt let up imo. 

Spoiler for Hiden:
Still. Not. Bitten!
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 18, 2013, 01:46:55 AM »

Great stuff.  I'm bummed that the season pass isn't yet avail on PSN, but I don't mind giving them an extra $5 for these great games.  I do wish it was available on the PS4 though.

On and they added invert Y axis finally.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 18, 2013, 03:40:15 AM »

Mixed bag on the first episode. I was pretty gleeful going in particularly when it grabbed my S1 DLC save file and the choices I made there. But the opening parts started off on the wrong foot for me. And pretty much didn't get back on track for me until about an hour in. It was around that time when I started clicking with the Clem. There's a few ways you can approach things/people to create the Clem you want. I'm choosing Badass Clem.

So while I wasn't all up on the first episode I think I'll likely enjoy the upcoming episodes now that I know who my Clem is.

On a side note "Boo!" on the developers for making you have to sit through the credits. No way to escape out of them no matter what you try. Boooo!
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2013, 03:46:45 AM »

Season 2 episode 1 spoilers:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Well I thought I was gonna have a dog companion for this season.  So much for that!  Took me by surprise.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2013, 01:46:59 PM »

I tried to buy the full season on PSN last night and I could not find the option to buy it anywhere. The option to buy Episode 1 was there and to DL the demo, but no option to buy the entire season. WTF?

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2013, 03:47:02 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on December 18, 2013, 01:46:59 PM

I tried to buy the full season on PSN last night and I could not find the option to buy it anywhere. The option to buy Episode 1 was there and to DL the demo, but no option to buy the entire season. WTF?

Yeah pretty lame, they posted on the PSBLOG that the season pass is not available yet.  I don't understand why they couldn't have it available at the same time either.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2013, 07:35:17 PM »

I think the same thing happened with The Wolf Among Us on PSN, and people were upset because there's no way to buy just the rest of the episodes.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 23, 2013, 06:13:58 AM »

Good news for those who've been waiting for The Walking Dead: Season Two Season Pass to appear on the PlayStation Network in North America! Though later than anticipated due to complications with the Season Pass being a separate submission to the standalone episode, we're pleased to confirm that the Season Pass will be available from Tuesday, December 24th.

As a special thank you to those who purchased Episode 1 early AND those who've been waiting for the Season Pass before playing the premiere, the Season Pass (which includes Episodes 1-5) will have a special introductory price of just $14.99 USD or equivalent until January 7th.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: December 30, 2013, 05:39:24 PM »

played through episode 1 last night.  man, they sure
Spoiler for Hiden:
know how to punch you in the gut, don't they?  start with two characters from last season and they are both gone an hour in.  the scene with the dog was pretty ugly and not how I expected to end it.  also, I kind of wish they hadn't jumped forward 16 months in the cut.  It seems too easy to chalk up their continued survival as they showed it, without a mention of the baby.  plus, it would have made for a much more emotional storyline, which they are shooting for.

I chose to save the younger guy Nick at the end as it pretty clearly showed the other guy had a bite on his leg, but it was hard watching that scene. 

I went in with a random generated save as I swapped platforms between 1 and 2 and it mostly matched up with my experiences save for the last choice you make.  I'm trying to play my character a bit more mature, and not hold grudges on the characters who had wronged me. 

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 30, 2013, 09:29:47 PM »

I don't know if I can play season 2 as I'm not quite over them ripping my heart out and showing it to me at the end of season 1. Still, I downloaded the demo in case I ever feel like getting seriously depressed.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 30, 2013, 09:49:56 PM »

If you aren't importing your Season 1 saves, is there a way to go through at the beginning of Season 2 and input all your past choices? I'm thinking of switching platforms for Season 2, but I would really like my decisions to be remembered.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: December 31, 2013, 01:55:16 AM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on December 30, 2013, 09:49:56 PM

If you aren't importing your Season 1 saves, is there a way to go through at the beginning of Season 2 and input all your past choices? I'm thinking of switching platforms for Season 2, but I would really like my decisions to be remembered.

no, sadly, but they do randomly generate the choices for you.  mine was about 80% accurate for what I picked.  I imagine you could retry starting if the major points aren't lined up with yours. 

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 05, 2014, 09:03:59 PM »

I couldn't find a way to turn off showing me when things I do are noted by the other characters.  I turned it off in the previous game and want it off in this one.  It's very distracting to see that come up when I am immersed in this story.  Did anyone find a way to turn it off?

Edit - Nevermind, I figured it out.  I don't remember it being named this oddly in the previous one, but I guess changing to Minimal UI takes those away.  Well, at least I will have it off for the next episodes.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 09:06:55 PM by The Grue » Logged

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 27, 2014, 03:35:24 PM »

Season 2 ep 2 is out on March 4th for PS3 (and maybe other platforms?).
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 04, 2014, 08:05:54 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on February 27, 2014, 03:35:24 PM

Season 2 ep 2 is out on March 4th for PS3 (and maybe other platforms?).

This is out now for PS3 from the in game store
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: March 07, 2014, 06:48:30 PM »

so, I played through this episode last night.  first off, it seems shorter than the rest and that includes S1E5.  I also replayed a few QTE's as I wasn't fast enough on the draw.

wow, what an emotional ride that was.  I had heard going in that
Spoiler for Hiden:
Kenny was back
but figured it was like Kirkman's previous misdirection ala season 4's second half 'cameo'.  Also, I felt like the death of human characters was more directly influenced by my hand as opposed to being pre-determined. obviously, this is just careful scripting as I doubt the outcome would have changed much, but it made the scenes more gripping.  also, playing as an 11 yo girl who isn't trusted at the beginning puts you into a different frame of mind.  if there's one thing that hurts this episode is that the new group adopt you as a main character a bit too quickly.  this is done in the name of gameplay so you aren't always watching events unfold from the outside, but it still jars against the events in E1 where nobody listened to you or asked you to do anything. 

looking forward to S3, hope TT doesn't take their sweet ass time again. 

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 27, 2014, 03:09:04 PM »

Pretty disappointed in Season 2.  Finished it last night and it's not in the same league as Season 1.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: August 27, 2014, 03:56:08 PM »

Apparently, this season has three different endings based on the actions you made throughout, so if you didnít like the ending it might be your fault.   icon_wink
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 27, 2014, 04:17:31 PM »

Quote from: Lordnine on August 27, 2014, 03:56:08 PM

Apparently, this season has three different endings based on the actions you made throughout, so if you didnít like the ending it might be your fault.   icon_wink

I meant the season as a whole, I was satisfied with my ending.  I read about the different endings and imo none of them would change the experience. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: