http://gamingtrend.com
August 31, 2014, 02:55:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Telltale]The Walking Dead  (Read 9848 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2011, 12:26:04 AM »

hope you are not sick of Zombie games yet,because Telltale games are developing a game set on The Walking Dead tv series

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-17-telltale-confirms-walking-dead-game

As rumoured last month, Telltale Games has confirmed it's working on a series of games based on The Walking Dead comic and TV series.

There's no mention yet of which platforms the games are destined for, when they might arrive or how they'll play.

The article did reveal one other interesting tidbit though. According to marketing exec Steve Allison, the average Telltale game sells around 200,000 units, but the company only needs to sell 100,000 to break even.

The studio's goal is to have a title break the one million mark, with Allison speculating The Walking Dead games could be a $20 million to 30 million franchise.

there is also this
Telltale also announced it was working on a videogame adaptation of Vertigo's Fables comic book series which chronicles how a number of figures from famous fairytales get on when they find themselves in 21st-century New York City.

i have never seen The Walking Dead,i think it is on FX channel here in the UK,but not been able to catch it,is it good?

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 12:31:40 AM »

The show was awesome.  I just hope the game uses some of the imagination and creativity of the series and is not just a Left 4 Dead clone.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 01:11:47 AM »

Quote from: The_Man on February 18, 2011, 12:31:40 AM

The show was awesome.  I just hope the game uses some of the imagination and creativity of the series and is not just a Left 4 Dead clone.

As I've mentioned in numerous other threads, the comic book is even more awesome.  And dark.  And disturbing. 

Would definitely be cool if they could somehow capture some of the human drama survival element into the game, but that could be diffficult.  That other one Class3/4 or whatever sounded like it was kind of addressing that already.  Not sure where this one would fit in.
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 02:08:46 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 18, 2011, 12:26:04 AM

hope you are not sick of Zombie games yet,because Telltale games are developing a game set on The Walking Dead tv series

Completely sick of Zombie Games. Just hit it today between this and dead island.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 07:24:40 PM by Larraque » Logged
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 05:14:12 PM »

The show was awesome.  I just hope the game uses some of the imagination and creativity of the series and is not just a Left 4 Dead clone.

Telltale makes point and click adventure games.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 05:35:05 PM »

Quote from: Bob on February 18, 2011, 05:14:12 PM

The show was awesome.  I just hope the game uses some of the imagination and creativity of the series and is not just a Left 4 Dead clone.

Telltale makes point and click adventure games.

I believe the upcoming Jurassic Park series (PC/Mac only for now) is going to have more action oriented parts in it, so they may be branching out.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 02:46:09 AM »

Telltale Games ‏ @telltalegames
For clarification: pricing for #TheWalkingDead will be 400 MSP on XBLA and $4.99 on PSN per episode.

Still need to see the series  icon_confused

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 02:47:44 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 21, 2012, 02:46:09 AM

For clarification: pricing for #TheWalkingDead will be 400 MSP on XBLA and $4.99 on PSN per episode.

check the thread in the PC forum, there's a video.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 02:49:15 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 21, 2012, 02:47:44 AM

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 21, 2012, 02:46:09 AM

check the thread in the PC forum, there's a video.

ahh,okay thanks i was just about to post this,but i am guessing you guys will already know
We're targeting late April for #TheWalkingDead! Pricing Info: 400 MS Points (XBLA), $4.99 (PSN) or $24.99 for the entire season on PC & Mac.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 09:23:40 PM »

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/26/coming-this-friday-to-psn-the-walking-dead-episode-2-starved-for-help/

Episode 2 coming this Friday (at least to PSN).  I really enjoyed the first one and look forward to this.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 10:36:17 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on June 26, 2012, 09:23:40 PM

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/26/coming-this-friday-to-psn-the-walking-dead-episode-2-starved-for-help/

Episode 2 coming this Friday (at least to PSN).  I really enjoyed the first one and look forward to this.

Same here.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 10:37:38 PM »

I played the trial a while back and hated that you couldn't invert the vertical axis.  Was that ever addressed, or are you still stuck with the default controls?  It made the game far more difficult than it needed to be for me.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 02:42:18 AM »

Quote from: PeteRock on June 26, 2012, 10:37:38 PM

I played the trial a while back and hated that you couldn't invert the vertical axis.  Was that ever addressed, or are you still stuck with the default controls?  It made the game far more difficult than it needed to be for me.

I don't have a high degree of confidence that they really plan to address this. Here is the reply I got when I contacted support on the issue:

We have had many requests for this feature, and I have added yours to the bunch. However, at this moment in time, we have not made plans to offer inverted controls. However, in the future this may be something that's addressed in a future patch.

Guess we'll see.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 02:49:03 AM »

Thanks for this info. Was thinking about getting this but I'm set in my ways regarding inverted vertical controls. I can wait to buy until they address this issue

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 09:35:43 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on June 26, 2012, 09:23:40 PM

XBLA version is today

Still gonna wait until all episodes are out,but finished both TV series now,so looking forward to them

How long did episode 1 take to finish?(trying to work out how long the 5 episodes will be)

Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 12:28:26 PM »

First episode was a couple/few hours depending on how quick you solve the puzzles or putter around. I thought the story was really good and your choices have an impact across all episodes (who lives/who dies) so it's going to be interesting to see how things play out. Well worth getting.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 12:52:09 PM »

Nice! I enjoyed the first episode. I'll be downloading this as soon as I can break away from Civ V.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 03:55:38 PM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on June 27, 2012, 02:42:18 AM

I don't have a high degree of confidence that they really plan to address this. Here is the reply I got when I contacted support on the issue:

We have had many requests for this feature, and I have added yours to the bunch. However, at this moment in time, we have not made plans to offer inverted controls. However, in the future this may be something that's addressed in a future patch.

Guess we'll see.

saywhat

While I'm sure my generalization isn't all-encompassing, I've never seen a game that didn't offer inverted controls.  Hell, some default to inverted.  I find this to be a gross oversight and the unwillingness to patch the issue a little irksome. 

But, from what I saw in the trial it certainly looked like a fun, interesting accompaniment to the television series.  I still can't get through non-inverted controls.  And then when I go back to inverted my control is all cocked up. 

Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2012, 07:31:16 PM »

These Episodes are no-brainers at 5 bucks a shot.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2012, 07:58:11 PM »

Quote from: Greggy_D on June 27, 2012, 07:31:16 PM

Even less if you buy the season pass!
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2012, 12:58:22 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on June 27, 2012, 07:58:11 PM

Quote from: Greggy_D on June 27, 2012, 07:31:16 PM

Even less if you buy the season pass!

Unless non-inverted controls are harder to use than eating sushi with chopsticks by using your toes.   retard

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2012, 03:38:15 PM »

Episode 2 was great, I'm really enjoying this series!
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2012, 03:47:32 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on July 03, 2012, 03:38:15 PM

Yeah, I thought it was pretty awesome.  That being said:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I suspected something was up with the family, but also realized that it could all be in my mind.  I actually wish they had gone the route of you being suspicious and it turning out to be nothing and then having some consequence because you didn't trust them.  I give the game too much credit thinking it might do some cool things and mess with me, but I think it's going to be pretty straight-forward

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2012, 03:48:52 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on July 03, 2012, 03:47:32 PM

Yeah, I thought it was pretty awesome.  That being said:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I suspected something was up with the family, but also realized that it could all be in my mind.  I actually wish they had gone the route of you being suspicious and it turning out to be nothing and then having some consequence because you didn't trust them.  I give the game too much credit thinking it might do some cool things and mess with me, but I think it's going to be pretty straight-forward

Spoiler for Hiden:
Yeah the whole time I felt that the family was too good to be true and was just waiting for whatever the reveal was.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2012, 06:13:07 AM »

I'll grab this on the weekend. One of the few games the wifey enjoys to play with me anymore.
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2012, 03:39:09 PM »

Agreed.  I played it in one sitting last night.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2012, 10:39:44 PM »

not to be confused with the newly announced Activision game

but Telltale have also just announced
"This will not be the last Walking Dead Series that we do"

the current 'series' will also come to retail
the studio will bring the current season to retail. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," said senior vice president of marketing Steve Allison in a statement to Eurogamer.

In the meantime, season one is still going strong. "Our first episodic game series based on The Walking Dead has sold nearly 1.7 million episodes to consumers in just our first eight weeks with no signs of slowing down," said Allison.
The next episode Long Road Ahead is slated for August on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.

and then we saw the AMC promo art for Walking Dead Season 3

so,is today Walking Dead day or something?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2012, 11:00:27 PM »

fired up the first episode after getting it off of Steam for 15 bucks.  I liked the demo on the 360 but I'm not sure how I feel about the full game, as it seems to be a lot more cutscenes than what the demo hinted at.  controls during the action sequence are pretty easy with the mouse and keyboard.  got through to chapter 4 pretty quickly, so I'll see if the game grows on me.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2012, 02:59:59 AM »

and finished up the first episode.  it definitely got better, but it was shorter than I expected.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2012, 07:06:52 AM »

Just finished episode one myself.  I think the sense of dread and despair is even more acutely felt than in the TV show.  Going to wait a day or so before playing the next one.

jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2012, 07:55:43 AM »

yeah the first episode was really good. great writing and voice acting so far. the choices matter more than a bioware game too!
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2012, 02:26:00 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on July 18, 2012, 07:55:43 AM

yeah the first episode was really good. great writing and voice acting so far. the choices matter more than a bioware game too!

I agree on the choices aspect. I can't wait to replay the entire game making opposite choices.

Spoiler for Hiden:
For instance I chose to save the boy on Herschels farm and always side with the children. Next time I will save Herschel's son and be a dick.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2012, 03:17:36 PM »

Do the choices really matter, though?  Has anyone gone back and played both ways on some of these choices to see if it really plays out differently?  For instance, I think on the farm that who you chose didn't matter as far as the eventual outcome...just mattered with how certain people perceived you.  I've gotten the feeling a couple of times that the choice didn't actually impact how things would play out, but haven't tested it to see.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2012, 03:21:58 PM »

I have a feeling we won't truly see how the choices play out until the very last episode is released....

then we'll find out if we get the red, green or blue endings.

Because I can,
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2012, 06:21:50 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on July 18, 2012, 03:17:36 PM

Do the choices really matter, though?  Has anyone gone back and played both ways on some of these choices to see if it really plays out differently?  For instance, I think on the farm that who you chose didn't matter as far as the eventual outcome...just mattered with how certain people perceived you.  I've gotten the feeling a couple of times that the choice didn't actually impact how things would play out, but haven't tested it to see.

Spoiler for Hiden:
No, they don't seem to affect who lives and dies.  I went back thinking I would have different "NPCs" in my party based on who I chose to save.  I played up to the farm choice and the ultimate outcome was the same so I stopped. Only difference is the reaction people give you. Disappointing, but I imagine a truly dynamic game didn't fit the design scope or budget. 

That said, I didn't play any further.  Still have immensely enjoyed the first two episodes.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2012, 09:36:23 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on July 18, 2012, 03:17:36 PM

i haven't played the 2nd yet since i want to finish it in one setting(and with guild wars this weekend, probably won't have time til late sunday), but according to this week's GB podcast people remember shit you said to them from the first ep in the 2nd. some choices do affect dialogue later down the line too. plus they are a lot harder to make, which is really what it should be about. hell, heavy rain's decisions matter more than anything in mass effect.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2012, 09:20:43 AM »

the one thing I miss from their previous games is the ability to save at anytime.  the autosave icon flashes so quickly I usually miss it, and there have been a couple of times where I've had to stop playing and ended up sitting through a cutscene again because of it.  I realize that they are trying to make choices matter and probably didn't want people reloading after a choice is made, but then they could have just made the game save automatically when you exit.

Because I can,
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2012, 10:00:50 AM »

Thanks to Steam Summer Sale (hence forth to be known as SSS or Just Take My Wallet) I now own this... 

Don't know when I will get a chance to play it

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2012, 06:18:09 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on July 20, 2012, 10:00:50 AM

Thanks to Steam Summer Sale (hence forth to be known as SSS or Just Take My Wallet) I now own this... 

Don't know when I will get a chance to play it

Doesn't take much time to get through an episode.  Maybe 2 hours each at most.

Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2012, 09:24:48 PM »

Holy cow.  I'm in the 4-6 hour range for each episode.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: