http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 02:53:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (star ocean) It isn't just me!!!  (Read 1648 times)
farley2k
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2004, 01:34:07 PM »

Today's Penny Arcade makes me feel better since now I know it isn't just me who thinks that the computer AI is a drunken idiot.  

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 02:28:33 PM »

That's nothing - I've actually had the AI in combat BREAK without warning. Suddenly, my characters do the 'stay away from mob at all costs' dance, leaving me to be the only one fighting.

Of course, I'll only see this is I happen to glance at my radar, which I next to never do.

Fortunately, all it takes is for me to switch to them and give them a different AI plan. Normally, that kickstarts them again. But I've seen them go entire battles (and multiples of them) without the AI starting back up again.

And the AI is dumb. In Tales of Symphonia, they'd do a very good job of fighting on their own. Here... Oh boy...

That's also one of the few flaws I've seen in this game. Otherwise, it rocks.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 07:00:41 PM »

I was thinking of borrowing a PS2 to play this; I've reconsidered. If Fable can be compared to a Homosexual Marriage Simulator, it would seem that Star Ocean is a Reptilian Sodomy Roulette game. Tongue slywink

Unless we're going to be seeing a preview for it ... *hint* *hint*.. biggrin

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 07:09:12 PM »

Quote from: "Purge"

Hey - I did my 60-Minute Shakedown on this game. What more do you want?

My 6 page reviews require me to actually play the game, you know. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 07:24:58 PM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
Quote from: "Purge"

Hey - I did my 60-Minute Shakedown on this game. What more do you want?

My 6 page reviews require me to actually play the game, you know. biggrin

I can respect that. I didn't see the shakedown. I'm a lazy reader. Gimme the link. Tongue

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 07:29:00 PM »

link to the page as proper netiquette demands  biggrin

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 08:33:21 PM »

I haven't had too much opportunity to deal with the A.I.  The battles I've had with a full party have been relatively easy, so I haven't had to keep too close of an eye on them.   The battles happen pretty fast and there's a lot of room to move, so most of the time I have no clue what the other two party members are doing.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 08:58:40 PM »

Quote from: "Nth Power"
I haven't had too much opportunity to deal with the A.I.  The battles I've had with a full party have been relatively easy, so I haven't had to keep too close of an eye on them.   The battles happen pretty fast and there's a lot of room to move, so most of the time I have no clue what the other two party members are doing.

Just make sure to listen to the directions that your party members give as far as directions go on the world map - I've taken a path that I shouldn't of, and got my ass beat into the ground like in that PA comic. When you're in over your head (or facing more mobs than there are players in your party), the weaknesses in the AI quickly show.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2004, 11:50:57 PM »

Tim .... WHERE is the 60min shakedown? I've checked features, I've checked the game in the database, I've checked the news (although I might have overlooked it there...)

Link please ?  :lol:

AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2004, 12:13:19 AM »

A number of threads down, but still on the 1st page of this forum: Star Ocean: Til the End of Time 60 Minute Shakedown

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: