http://gamingtrend.com
August 02, 2014, 06:37:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Rumored] Sony's E3 plans revealed? Killer lineup if it's true  (Read 540 times)
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2014, 12:16:47 AM »

Uncharted 4
Gran Turismo 6
God of War 4
New Ninja Theory game (possibly Heavenly Sword 2)
The Last Guardian on PS4
PS Now presence
PS3 and Vita price drops

Source

The games I listed are Sony's first-party heavy-hitters, but there's a lot of other interesting stuff in the report. If it proves to be true, I'll be sad I had to miss this year's show.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 01:39:35 AM »

Doesn't seem like anything outlandish in that rumor.  Of course the big games there are all for 2015, so they'll have to show them again next year too.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 02:18:20 AM »

Show ends with a teaser to the sequel to The Last of Us?!?! icon_eek
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 02:44:41 AM »

Incredible lineup! I'm excited! smile

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 03:50:10 AM »

Eh, I'll believe it when I see it. A lot of games on that list are pretty much expected. And even if the current plan is to show those at E3, the E3 show can and has literally changed minutes before they go on stage with major presentations being canned on the spot.

What I will say for certain is that Sony does have some stepping up to do in showing off what's next for the future of PS4 exclusives. There's a lot of good titles that first adopters of the PS4 are expecting to be made.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 04:07:45 AM »

That list does read too much like a dream list written by a fan. If Sony managed to pull off all of that stuff, it'd be the best E3 presentation in... ever! That's why I doubt they will. It's just too good to be true.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 04:50:40 AM »

doesn't seem too impressive, and half of them have already been announced or expected.

I'm real disappointed in this console generation.  I was ready to drop $400-$500 on a new console.  Something I never do.  I usually wait 2-3 years, because at the time I couldn't afford it.  This year, I was ready, and there's absolutely nothing to play.  Anything I want to play can be played on the PC.  The only thing I'm missing is MLB The Show 2014.  I held off during Christmas.  I thought maybe by June I'd get it.  Nope, still nothing.  I think both companies failed on their game lineups.  Not enough exclusive content as well. 

I'm assuming uncharted 4 will be PS4 only?
Jumangi

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 05:26:21 AM »

The biggest clue of this just being fanboy dreaming is putting The Last Guardian in there which has become the Unicorn of never to be seen titles.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 06:29:43 AM »

Quote from: naednek on May 08, 2014, 04:50:40 AM

doesn't seem too impressive, and half of them have already been announced or expected.

I'm real disappointed in this console generation.  I was ready to drop $400-$500 on a new console.  Something I never do.  I usually wait 2-3 years, because at the time I couldn't afford it.  This year, I was ready, and there's absolutely nothing to play.  Anything I want to play can be played on the PC.  The only thing I'm missing is MLB The Show 2014.  I held off during Christmas.  I thought maybe by June I'd get it.  Nope, still nothing.  I think both companies failed on their game lineups.  Not enough exclusive content as well. 

Good assumption, which remember what it means when you assume..also, this seems on par for me for a consoles first 6 months...
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 01:08:11 PM »

Same here.  I've got the money set aside for one,  but there hasn't been a game that has interested me enough to actually pull the trigger yet.  That lineup doesn't do much to change my mind.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 01:23:08 PM »

I must be more of an Xbox-centric game fan, because the only titles on that list that interest me are Uncharted and The Last Guardian.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 01:32:20 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on May 08, 2014, 01:23:08 PM

I must be more of an Xbox-centric game fan,

Uh, you think?

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 01:42:25 PM »

Well, there are titles NOT on that list I'm interested in. The Last of Us port will be a definite purchase, and I'm highly interested in The Order: 1886. And of course, a GTA V port which I'll most likely pick up on PS4 rather than XB1. If you really want to make me happy, though, just start popping out JRPGs.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 02:25:49 PM »

Uhm, are some of you deliberately avoiding the fact that the list above is incomplete? The full list is available through the link.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2014, 02:42:16 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on May 08, 2014, 02:25:49 PM

Uhm, are some of you deliberately avoiding the fact that the list above is incomplete? The full list is available through the link.

I've been wondering the same thing, as that list looks like bullshit, and yet people here are saying it doesn't look so hot?  weird.

Here's the expanded list

Uncharted 4
Media Molecule game
Gran Turismo 6
God of War
Syphon Filter
Wipeout
Quantic Dream game
The Order
Ninja Theory game
Guerrilla Games RPG
Infamous DLC
Project Beast (from the original Demon's and Dark Souls team)
Last Guardian
Sony Japan game
Last of Us 2 teaser

Stage presence from the following 3rd parties
Ubisoft
Electronic Arts
Konami
Capcom
Warner Bros
Activision
Square Enix
Take Two
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 04:12:14 PM by forgeforsaken » Logged
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2014, 03:07:47 PM »

I looked at the full list (but admittedly overlooked The Order). Some of my lack of hype is probably just lack of familiarity with some of those IPs/developers.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2014, 03:44:44 PM »

I'm hoping that the Syphon Filter reboot is true, but the Last Guardian news leads me to believe this is bogus.  frown

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2014, 04:37:52 PM »

If it weren't for BF4 (and the fact that I do not have a modern pc) I'd say that this generation has blown so far. But it is only May...after launch.

Give it time.

Nothing on that list appeals to me except for LoU 2.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2014, 04:44:16 PM »

I'm not sure why The Last Guardian being listed for PS4 sounds bogus to anyone, the platform was never announced. Here's what Sony said two months ago:

... “not going to announce what platform it’s coming on, who’s working on it, who’s involved. But that is still a title that’s absolutely in the mix at Worldwide Studios. That’s the most you’re gonna get.”

"I love that people are still interested in it. That’s an honor to us. That’s not just me spinning… It’s really cool that people are still interested in it, and we’re trying to make the best thing we can out of The Last Guardian.”

That's a quote from Scott Rhode at Sony (Source).

Sean Lama
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2014, 05:01:30 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on May 08, 2014, 03:07:47 PM

I looked at the full list (but admittedly overlooked The Order). Some of my lack of hype is probably just lack of familiarity with some of those IPs/developers.

It's actually not the sequels, like Uncharted and God of War, that have me excited, but rather the original stuff we haven't seen yet.

Sean Lama
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2014, 05:59:49 PM »

It's already leaked, but I think Project Beast is going to get a lot of attention when it's shown. Among "hardcore" gamers, that game could certainly be the PS4's killer app. The NeoGAF thread about the game has had an absolutely insane amount of views and posts, even by that forum's standards.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2014, 06:10:21 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on May 08, 2014, 04:44:16 PM

I'm not sure why The Last Guardian being listed for PS4 sounds bogus to anyone,

I think it's more just skepticism that there would be anything to show for Last Guardian on any platform.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2014, 06:16:00 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on May 08, 2014, 05:59:49 PM

It's already leaked, but I think Project Beast is going to get a lot of attention when it's shown. Among "hardcore" gamers, that game could certainly be the PS4's killer app. The NeoGAF thread about the game has had an absolutely insane amount of views and posts, even by that forum's standards.

It really is, 1,365,574 views at last count.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2014, 06:35:17 PM »

I'd like to see a GTA5 annoucement for both PS4 and Xbone.  I'm already looking foward to playing The Last of Us and Diablo 3 on PS4. 

Seeing some gameplay from The Order at E3 would be good.  I like what I've read about the world lore and setting.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2014, 07:21:23 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken
Last of Us 2 teaser

"2nd to last of us!"  

"Last-er of Us"

Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2014, 07:25:10 PM »

Quote from: farley2k on May 08, 2014, 07:21:23 PM

Quote from: forgeforsaken
Last of Us 2 teaser

"2nd to last of us!"  

"Last-er of Us"

Me!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2014, 07:33:28 PM »

Agreed.  No real tech reason to upgrade (no 4k tv, kinect 1.1 instead of a real 2.0 implementation, unfinished interfaces and features,etc.), and the game selection is pretty poor thus far ( mostly sequels from last generation).

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2014, 07:51:56 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on May 08, 2014, 06:10:21 PM

Quote from: Ridah on May 08, 2014, 04:44:16 PM

I'm not sure why The Last Guardian being listed for PS4 sounds bogus to anyone,

I think it's more just skepticism that there would be anything to show for Last Guardian on any platform.
Perfectly correct.  They've basically been quiet on this one for so long that I doubt any report of it in these leaked announcement posts.  plus, with that, the SF reboot news and the next gen GTA V, it all just screams 'wishlist' for me.  

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2014, 07:59:22 PM »

Well, the GTA stuff has been rumored by multiple, unconnected sources for a while now. One of these sources was specific enough to say that we'd be playing it before E3, but I guess that's unlikely at this point. GTA 5 is coming for current-gen consoles, and sooner rather than later.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2014, 09:16:59 PM »

I hope this isn't what they had planned for the God of War reveal:

GOW Ascension PS4 Edition

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2014, 09:35:09 PM »

Quote from: Caine on May 08, 2014, 09:16:59 PM

Ugh it's the worst GoW!
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2014, 09:48:48 PM »

Quote from: Caine on May 08, 2014, 09:16:59 PM

Dualshockers is making a real bad habit out of making news stories out of people's twitter posts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: