http://gamingtrend.com
April 24, 2014, 04:53:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Review] Star Wars: The Force Unleashed  (Read 19708 times)
madpeon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 30, 2008, 04:54:23 PM »

Definately in for DLC!
Starshifter
Gaming Trend Senior Member

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 30, 2008, 05:00:41 PM »

I must repent for my sins.  Please excuse my momentary lack of control.  I had planned to not kill a single Jawa in this game.  After all, they are not aggressive.  Or so I thought.  I tried tiptoeing around them, explaining that I'm not the enemy but they kept on throwing those darn explosives at me over and over again.  I even died a few times at their hands.  icon_eek  NO MORE!  Like Anakin whooping ass on those Tusken Raiders I laid some ass whooping of my own on those evil Jawa's!  I slaughtered them all!  Even the women and children!  And I smiled as I watched their bodies twitch on the ground at my feet.  And it felt good.  icon_twisted

And then I fell to my knees and wept.  icon_cry  Not me.  Not Starshifter.  This cannot happen to me.  I'm stronger than this.  There is still good inside me.  I can feel it.  The Dark Side has no pull on me for...

I - AM - JEDI!!!

« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 05:28:02 PM by Starshifter » Logged

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 30, 2008, 05:04:34 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on September 30, 2008, 05:00:41 PM

I must repent for my sins.  Please excuse my momentary lack of control.  I had planned to not kill a single Jawa in this game.  After all, they are not aggressive.  Or so I thought.  I tried tiptoeing around them, explaining that I'm not the enemy but they kept on throwing those darn explosives at me over and over again.  I even died a few times at their hands.  icon_eek  NO MORE!  Like Anakin whooping ass on those Tusken Raiders I laid some ass whooping of my own on those evil Jawa's!  I slaughtered them all!  Even the women and children!  And I smiled as I watched their bodies twitch on the ground at my feet.  And it felt good.  icon_twisted

And then I fell to my feet and wept.  icon_cry  Not me.  Not Starshifter.  This cannot happen to me.  I'm stronger than this.  There is still good inside me.  I can feel it.  The Dark Side has no pull on me for...

I - AM - JEDI!!!

How can you tell which ones are the kid jawas?  Or, for that matter, the ladies?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 30, 2008, 05:05:46 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on September 30, 2008, 05:04:34 PM

Quote from: Starshifter on September 30, 2008, 05:00:41 PM

And then I fell to my feet and wept.  icon_cry  Not me.  Not Starshifter.  This cannot happen to me.  I'm stronger than this.  There is still good inside me.  I can feel it.  The Dark Side has no pull on me for...

I - AM - JEDI!!!

How can you tell which ones are the kid jawas?  Or, for that matter, the ladies?

the kids are smaller, but I'm not sure how he figured out the ladies unless he lifted their robes afterwards.....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: September 30, 2008, 05:43:00 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on September 30, 2008, 03:48:33 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on September 30, 2008, 03:28:22 PM

Yay for DLC!!!  New chracter skins and new campaign stuff!

http://kotaku.com/5056648/new-campaign-characters-coming-to-the-force-unleashed

I was sold on picking this up today, anyway, but now it'll be that much easier to justify if my wife asks why I didn't just borrow a copy from a friend.

Don't I feel like a dumbass for forgetting it then eh? smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 30, 2008, 05:51:31 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on September 30, 2008, 05:43:00 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on September 30, 2008, 03:48:33 PM

I was sold on picking this up today, anyway, but now it'll be that much easier to justify if my wife asks why I didn't just borrow a copy from a friend.

Don't I feel like a dumbass for forgetting it then eh? smile

No worries.  I am having such a rough week at work that spending some money at Best Buy will be therapeutic.  I'll grab Force Unleashed and Iron Man on DVD today while I'm at Best Buy and it'll make the miserable 8-hours I have to spend on Friday taking the Professional Geologist licensure exam a little more bearable (not to mention the remaining studying I still have to finish up this week outside of work).  But I'm still trying to figure out how I am going to be able to manage being out of the office for 8 hours on Friday given this week's workload.  Apparently you can only postpone the exam for an emergency, but not for an overwhelming workload.  But, a death in the family is an acceptable reason, and it just so happens that my mother-in-law is in town.  There aren't any stipulations for cause of death, just that the death has occurred.   ninja   

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 30, 2008, 05:56:02 PM »

Seriously, though....PS3 or 360?  Which to get?

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
madpeon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 30, 2008, 07:39:44 PM »

I don't think either version has been reported to have technical differences (if anyone knows different, feel free to correct me).

I saw a comment on another board, and I think its worth mentioning here. Don't try to play TFU like DMC or Ninja Gaiden, relying on your melee weapon first and foremost. Instead, use your lightsaber to stun/weaken/knockdown enemies so you can have your way with them using the Force  icon_biggrin.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 11:49:34 PM by madpeon » Logged
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2008, 08:35:36 PM »

Quote from: madpeon on September 30, 2008, 07:39:44 PM

I don't think either version has been reported to have technical differences (if anyone knows different, feel free to correct me).

I saw a comment on another board, and I think its worth mentioning here. Don't try to play TFU like DMC or Ninja Gaiden, relying on your melee weapon first and foremost. Instead, use your lightsaber to stun/weaken/knockdown enemies, so you can throw them have your way with them using the Force  icon_biggrin.

Oh hell yeah.  I got the kill 500 people using force grip quite quickly.   Also the 500 lightning kills.   
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2008, 10:21:31 PM »

In without question...well, one question...will Luke, Obi-Wan and the other goodie-two-shoes Jedi be able to use lightning?  I thought it  was a dark side power.  Although Luke certainly walks in the gray area if you include the expanded universe.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 04:21:03 AM by Jancelot » Logged
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: October 01, 2008, 02:38:00 AM »

Since when is one level equal to a "new campaign"?  It sounds more like "the level we didn't get to finish in time because we had to shove it out the door". 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 01, 2008, 01:07:41 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on September 30, 2008, 05:56:02 PM

Seriously, though....PS3 or 360?  Which to get?

From what I've read, the 360 version has some screen tearing that the PS3 version doesn't have but the PS3 version has some slightly inferior textures.

Quote from: EngineNo9 on October 01, 2008, 02:38:00 AM

Since when is one level equal to a "new campaign"?  It sounds more like "the level we didn't get to finish in time because we had to shove it out the door". 

That's exactly what it is- their PR said as much.  They had a bunch of levels that had to be cut to make ship date and this is one of them. 
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 01, 2008, 01:55:08 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on October 01, 2008, 02:38:00 AM

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 02, 2008, 02:34:16 PM »

Well, after a number of hours of reviewing for my PG exam I finally took a moment to load up Force Unleashed.  I really enjoyed the vertical-scrolling story introduction as it has become just as much a part of the Star Wars universe as lightsabers and TIE fighters.  The screen then pans to a series of Imperial ships and in the distance you see Vader's transport ship make its descent to Kashyyyk.  The graphics up to this point have been rather impressive.  One gripe I have is the way in which characters walk in the cutscenes.  They seem to move normally during gameplay, but in the cutscenes everyone seems to be hunched over and lumbering around more like orangutans than humans.  It just looks a bit.........off. 

The gameplay so far has been fantastic fun.  Playing as Vader in the opening sequence was a blast.  Force-choking, force-pushing, and lightsaber tossing were all far from being in short supply.  And I got a hysterical secret achievement, completely accidentally I might add.   ninja

Spoiler for Hiden:
The achievement was called "The Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever" and it has a picture of a coffee mug with a stormtrooper with his eyes X-ed out.  The description is "Kill 12 Stormtroopers as Vader in the Prologue".  When it popped up I looked around and said, "Whoops!"  And then laughed diabolically.  I was apparently throwing giant boulders around a little too willy-nilly.

I played through the entire Prologue and I can already tell that the story is going to do the Star Wars universe justice.  I stopped playing right at the beginning of the first level with Starkiller because I had to get back to studying, but so far I'm having a blast with the game.  The controls have taken a little getting used to, but they've already become intuitive, I haven't had much trouble with the camera as of yet, and while some screen tearing is somewhat noticable (that's when you see glitches in the screen with lines running across, right?), but it wasn't bad enough to take me out of the game.  Perhaps I was having a little too much fun laying waste to Kashyyyk as the great Sith Lord.   ninja

So far I am absolutely loving everything about the game.  The graphics are impressive, the sound is what you'd expect from a Star Wars title (and that is a good thing), and the story looks like it's going to be rather interesting.  And already Proxy has been a riot.  I can't wait to get back to playing.  I'll probably use Force Unleashed as my cool-down tonight after an afternoon of final review for tomorrow's exam. 

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 02, 2008, 02:36:44 PM »

Woo Pete.  I saw you were online force choking bitches before my Xbox seized up.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 02, 2008, 02:48:03 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on October 02, 2008, 02:36:44 PM

Woo Pete.  I saw you were online force choking bitches before my Xbox seized up.

Yeah, I saw your gamertag pop up over and over again and started thinking, "WTF Leo?  What's up with your system?"  I figured you were either having network issues or hardware issues.  Sorry to hear that your 'Box had a seizure.

So far I've been having a lot of fun with Force Unleashed.  But, I also feel like I'm neglecting a number of other games as I just recently got into Mass Effect, I haven't played a single game in Isgrimnur's online Madden league yet, I'm working through God of War 2 on the PS2, I haven't finished GTAIV or Bioshock yet, and yet I bought another game.  Hello, my name is PeteRock and I am a gaming whore. 

Group: Helloooo PeteRock.   

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 02, 2008, 03:02:56 PM »

I've got to say that this segment of this level ruined the 360 version for me.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Pull down the star destroy on Raxus Prime

For some reason the play mechanic there just didn't click with me. I'd make it though the 1st part of that segment easily, but I couldn't successfully perform the final action before I came under fire. I made 6 attempts before I gave up. I had the game as a rental and unfortunately it had to be returned, but I doubt I'll rent it again let alone purchase it.

That level echoed in a bigger way something I didn't like about most of the 360 version; QTE's. Apart from my last level, it's not that I found them too difficult or anything, just particularly distracting and annoying. It's a shame because I liked just about everything else about the game, but the QTE's just weren't my cup of tea and really brought down the game for me.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 02, 2008, 03:24:22 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on October 02, 2008, 03:02:56 PM

I've got to say that this segment of this level ruined the 360 version for me.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Pull down the star destroy on Raxus Prime

For some reason the play mechanic there just didn't click with me. I'd make it though the 1st part of that segment easily, but I couldn't successfully perform the final action before I came under fire. I made 6 attempts before I gave up. I had the game as a rental and unfortunately it had to be returned, but I doubt I'll rent it again let alone purchase it.

That level echoed in a bigger way something I didn't like about most of the 360 version; QTE's. Apart from my last level, it's not that I found them too difficult or anything, just particularly distracting and annoying. It's a shame because I liked just about everything else about the game, but the QTE's just weren't my cup of tea and really brought down the game for me.

The sweet spot for that segment is just a little off where the game tells you to put the controls.  It took me quite a bit to get it right and get it down.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 02, 2008, 03:46:21 PM »

Playing through the game for the second time, now on a harder difficulty level, I have to day that the boss fight against Kazdan Paratus is flat-out broken.  It's significantly tougher than any other battle in the game, not because he's a skilled or clever opponent, but because he can simply decide to stop taking damage.

I can consistently get Paratus down to the point where his life bar is flashing red without taking a single hit myself, and he'll still beat me 95% of the time.  He becomes invincible: he dodges every saber swing, reflects every force power, and spools out lethal amounts of damage no matter where you happen to be on the screen.  Even when you win a force lock and launch him out of the building like a rail gun, his health just doesn't drop.

I've also encountered outright glitches where the only option was to restart the system and begin the fight from scratch.  Once, I had the gall to whack him with a Lightning Grenade while he was tossing stuff at me, so he vanished off the screen and never returned.

Having *finally* passed that battle for the second time, it's definitely badly bugged.  The game gets better once you can slog past that fight, though, so I'd recommend that new players try to power through the frustration....

-Autistic Angel
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 02, 2008, 03:57:10 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on October 02, 2008, 03:46:21 PM

Playing through the game for the second time, now on a harder difficulty level, I have to day that the boss fight against Kazdan Paratus is flat-out broken.  It's significantly tougher than any other battle in the game, not because he's a skilled or clever opponent, but because he can simply decide to stop taking damage.

I encountered problems in that level as well, however my biggest problem was that somehow I was able to force lightning Kazdan until his health showed no red. After that he was off screen somewhere and wouldn't show up; WTF? Him no longer being present meant I couldn't evoke the final QTE and complete the level! The only way around it was to quit and replay. My advise to anyone still playing is if you're going to lightning attack him make sure you leave a little red. That level is one of the reasons why, albeit only 1, I didn't particularly enjoy the QTE's.
madpeon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 02, 2008, 03:58:08 PM »

I finished that fight recently on the hardest level, and the one tip I can offer is to simply lightning the crap out of him, then throw him into walls/chairs/statues as much as you can.

Lightning will stun him 75% of the time, just make sure you only hit the button once. If you do back to back shocks and he blocks the first, he can counter you with a force push pretty easily.

I didn't notice a point where he stopped taking damage, just that the fight took a while (that's true of all the boss fights though).

The one annoying bug I did run into was when he levitates and chucks debris at you. I would dodge a chunk of debris, but on the rebound it would nick me and take like 75% health... very annoying. I got by it by simply timing a double jump to dodge instead of moving laterally to dodge.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 02, 2008, 05:12:40 PM »

You guys have me nervous.  Paratus is the second Jedi you go against after starting the game right?  Raxus Prime?  If so, I'm coming up to that spot.  I'm playing on the highest difficulty below the locked one.  Thanks for the heads up with the tips on this fight.

XM Channel 76
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 03, 2008, 02:47:09 PM »

You guys were not kidding about Kazdan Paratus.  Holy crap that was one tough and annoying battle.  You guys also did not tell me that
Spoiler for Hiden:
two blasted Junk Titans were thrown in during the middle of the fight!  icon_eek
  Yikes. 

I managed to take him down by a combination of Force Lighting to stun him, move in quickly and use one of my favorite combo's (X,Y,X,Y), which I think is Sith Slash or something like that.  The final "Y" press launches an amazing lightning charged saber slash that sent Kazdan flying a mile away.  I would use that time to reposition and regroup myself for the next attack.  It worked.  Blocking a lot with the left trigger also helped to keep him at bay while I collected my senses.

I avoided the flying debris by Force dashing around the temple.  It worked.  I only got hit once.

That dude was one really demented Jedi.  I loved his constant cackling "You're destroying my temple!"
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 02:48:45 PM by Starshifter » Logged

XM Channel 76
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 14, 2008, 04:51:39 PM »

This game is phenomenal.  The storyline is so riveting it could have been the next big Star Wars movie.  I just got past a tremendous series of cut scenes that made me proud to be a Jedi.  I’m being intentionally vague here to avoid spoilers.  I was pumping my fists I was so excited.  It was one of those “coveted religious gaming moments” that are so unfortunately rare in games.  I play video games for these moments.  The locations, the music, the characters just utterly suck you into the Star Wars universe and never let you go.

The game play (i.e., camera controls/targeting and use of Force powers) is so second nature to me now that I never “think” about doing it.  I just do it.  I am one with the controller (the Force).  Coming up with different and creative ways to use Force powers and lightsaber combo’s in combating enemies is a game unto itself.  I was in several battles where I was using the Force and my lightsaber in combinations with such fluidity and deadly precision I was smiling with glee as I completely lost myself to the game.

Wow.  What a fun and memorable game.  I can’t wait to take this one to conclusion to see how it ends.  It really takes me back to my days playing the Jedi Knight games.  It’s that good.

I mentioned in one of my earlier posts but I will reiterate it here:  if you are struggling with the targeting and Force power controls I implore you to go into options and use “toggle” for both targeting and Force power control.  It makes a world of a difference.

XM Channel 76
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 14, 2008, 05:02:39 PM »

Glad you liked it, I felt the same way about the game.

I never tried toggle though.  I should see how it works.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 15, 2008, 04:17:26 AM »

I played through the first world as the main character, and through what I think is most of the second floating debris world, and the game just never clicked for me the way Jedi Knight did...

It's going back to gamefly tomorrow.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 15, 2008, 02:33:01 PM »

I'm not sure how far I am... I just saved Senator Jimmy Smits. I have to say to this point in the game, I am not getting the raves about this game's story at all. It's very pedestrian and downright silly in some places. Does the plot pick up later or something? I am trying to figure out why so many are just raving about this plot, as I have not been engaged by it to put it mildly so far. KOTOR is the game I think of with the great Star Wars story...

As for the game - it's fun, but flawed. The camera is just horrendous and I feel like I'm always fighting with it. I also feel like the most underpowered jedi ever since nearly everyone is pretty resistant to my powers. I still like it and will finish it, but I fnid myself disappointed. I think the 6-7 review scores were pretty fair.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 17, 2008, 02:34:11 AM »

Looks like 1.1 million copies sold in Sept.  Great!  Yes, I know people said they fired the team, but hopefully they can get another one of these out this generation.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 24, 2008, 04:43:29 PM »

I finished this last night. I have to give it a thumbs down. I found the game to be very fun when it was easy and very annoying when it wasn't. It's not that the game ever got hard, but it just became less fun. I found the last 2 big levels to be pretty unfun over all - in particular the last "locale". As I noted earlier the camera is really crappy. I got the good ending and was planning to go ahead and play the bad ending right away too, but when I saw I had to slog through the entire last locale again I just quit. I may just look at it on YouTube or something.

Having said all that, what was most disappointing to me was the story. I found it at best predictable, and at worst often completely nonsensical. The plot of the "bad guys" just made no sense at all to me. I still say KOTOR is the Star Wars game with the fantastic story, not this dud. I am pretty dumbfounded at all the praise this narrative is getting from reviewers and gamers alike. But you know the old expression about opinions...I am thrilled I borrowed this instead of buying.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
biggercup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2008, 03:11:30 AM »

Finally getting my copy next week, thanks to Goozex.  icon_lol
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: October 27, 2008, 03:33:57 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on September 24, 2008, 01:17:15 PM

Quote from: kronovan on September 24, 2008, 06:27:04 AM

Are you sure about that? My understanding was that the FU team was one of the few that survived the cuts.

There is a Lucasarts PR rep who frequently posts on QT3 and he gets quite pissed when people bring up the "fact" that the entire team was laid off, because he says it's just not true.  But he also never says that the entire team is still there either.  My guess is that a significant portion were laid off with just a relatively small skeleton crew left. 

That's about the gist of it according to my friend who was on the dev team for TFU. A lot of people were laid off, but not the entire team. Thankfully, my friend was one of the individuals who kept his job.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 04, 2008, 05:20:18 PM »

The DLC mission is out now:

The Apprentice Mission Pack contains an entirely new single-player mission set in the Jedi Temple on the planet Coruscant.  In this mission Darth Vader’s Secret Apprentice turns to the Jedi Temple to learn more about his father, and while searching through the rubble of the destroyed building he must confront his inner demons... Download this mission pack and you’ll also get 6 brand new characters and 3 all new Secret Apprentice costumes. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 04, 2008, 05:25:31 PM »

hated this game,i am not even sure if anyone actually tested the game before release..only good thing about it was the storyline

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 04, 2008, 05:31:12 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on December 04, 2008, 05:20:18 PM

The DLC mission is out now:

The Apprentice Mission Pack contains an entirely new single-player mission set in the Jedi Temple on the planet Coruscant.  In this mission Darth Vader’s Secret Apprentice turns to the Jedi Temple to learn more about his father, and while searching through the rubble of the destroyed building he must confront his inner demons... Download this mission pack and you’ll also get 6 brand new characters and 3 all new Secret Apprentice costumes. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

I don't see it yet, but awesome news.

EDIT:  It's not in New Releases yet, but it is in the The Force Unleashed DL section.  (The second "The" is on purpose, as MS has listed all of their games that start with the definite article under the "T" section  Roll Eyes )
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 05:33:07 PM by Bullwinkle » Logged

madpeon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 04, 2008, 05:59:02 PM »

The recent patch also adds some significant balance and bug fixes. Looking forward to trying out the DLC soon.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 04, 2008, 07:02:25 PM »

Anyone know how to access this?  I downloaded it and I can't find it anywhere in the game menus.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 04, 2008, 07:16:01 PM »

This game continues to be awesome!  Just hit another WOW moment last night.  Someone you battle I never thought I would be fighting in this game.  It was such a cool moment with the music and all.  I so geeked out.

I think I'm approaching the ending as I just finished the sequence with the Star Destroyer, which was actually quite easy even on the hardest difficulty level I'm playing on.  Everything is coming to a head soon I can feel it!  What a riveting Star Wars story this is turning out to be.  This story would had made one hell of a blockbuster Star Wars film.

Definitely remaining my Game of the Year.  Can't wait to see how it ends!

XM Channel 76
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 04, 2008, 08:05:40 PM »

I checked every menu and I can't find the new mission anywhere.  Hopefully someone else has better luck than I do and can tell me how they found it.

EDIT:  Looks like you have to start a new game and select Jedi Temple.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 08:11:08 PM by leo8877 » Logged
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 04, 2008, 08:25:58 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on December 04, 2008, 07:16:01 PM

This game continues to be awesome!  Just hit another WOW moment last night.  Someone you battle I never thought I would be fighting in this game.  It was such a cool moment with the music and all.  I so geeked out.

I think I'm approaching the ending as I just finished the sequence with the Star Destroyer, which was actually quite easy even on the hardest difficulty level I'm playing on.  Everything is coming to a head soon I can feel it!  What a riveting Star Wars story this is turning out to be.  This story would had made one hell of a blockbuster Star Wars film.

Definitely remaining my Game of the Year.  Can't wait to see how it ends!

I really want to get back into this as I've only played to the junk planet level.  But then Fallout 3 was released, I continue to work through Mass Effect, and COD:W@W is taking up most of my gaming time.  But whenever I find a lull I normally feel the force calling to me and look forward to getting back into Force Unleashed.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 05, 2008, 04:14:52 AM »

Level was fun, but way too short for $10.  I would have liked to have 2-3 levels instead.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: