http://gamingtrend.com
August 27, 2014, 11:34:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Review] Fight Night Round 3 (360)  (Read 1381 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: March 02, 2006, 09:22:10 PM »

http://gamingtrend.com/Reviews/review/review.php?ReviewID=548

Questions?

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 09:29:52 PM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
Questions?

Sports Forum? *hide*

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 09:31:45 PM »

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 09:34:27 PM »

I'm with coop!

Seems that the Sports Forum ain't good enough for Ron to pimp his reviews!!  :wink:

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 09:43:52 PM »

Since there is no interface to judge your stamina with, you have to rely entirely on how sluggish your boxer moves and the sound of their breathing.

You never mention that the HUD can be turned on through the menus, even though it is completely unnecessary the option is there for those who might miss it.

Otherwise, good review. I'm not bothered as much as you are by the commentary or ads, but that's just a personal choice.

I do wish you could play on line with a career mode fighter. Have the previous fight nights had online play? This seemed like a no brainer option to me.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 09:45:49 PM »

I thought you were very fair to the game.  I noticed you use a different control scheme than I do.  I've been using the default scheme, which controls punches (right and left) with just the right stick, the left stick is used for body movement and moving around the ring.  I'll have to try out the left and right sticks for left and right punches.  How do you move around the ring and bob and weave with that control scheme?
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 10:35:13 PM »

I totally agree with the review.  NOT a gold-worthy title.  Good, but not great.  And after renting and playing for a tad, not worthy of purchase at $60.  IMO.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 10:57:39 PM »

You guys have mentioned a few things that I should include in the Review (after I move it to the sports forum). slywink  I'm going to include the remapping and the optional HUD in the review this evening.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 03:51:35 PM »

Quote from: "mikeg"
I totally agree with the review.  NOT a gold-worthy title.  Good, but not great.  And after renting and playing for a tad, not worthy of purchase at $60.  IMO.

I guess this all depends on how you play.  For me, the multiplayer is a blast.  Because of this I am more than glad to pay $60 for it.  That said I would like to see some very specific improvements next year.  As KD had mentioned, I would love to see the career mode fleshed out.  Add a ranking system in.  Make me spend money to actually hire my trainer (for example 1 year contracts), I should have to hire my manager and cut man.  Your crew would have different stats.  They could even go further and if they want to do in game advertising....... let me take on sponsors to make extra cash for paying for training equipment etc.  I would also love to see more elaborate entrances for the boxers, things like coming out through the crowd, hood over my head, lights flashing etc.  You could also add a "scouting" portion to the pre fight.  Your manager could go over with you tactics while your gloves are being taped up... perhaps depending ont he manager you could gain an adrenaline boost for the beginning of the fight due to the speach he gave you in the locker room.

I love the game, but yes there is a ton of room for improvement.  I hope that the next installment will be next gen in more than just graphics.

Oh and I absolutely love the camera and no HUD system.  It makes it much more immersive not fighting with a camera and not having all sorts of meters on screen.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 04:25:57 PM »

Anyone else notice that the trainer suffers from dementia during matches?  One minute he's telling me that I'm doing great and dominating the round, and in the very next breath he says that I'm doing terrible and I need to watch out or I'll lose.  That kind of sage ring advice happens all the time for me.  "You're doing great kid, keep it up!  Another round won.  You looked terrible out there!  What are you doing??"  

Huh??  Maybe my trainer likes driving his boxers insane during bouts.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2006, 07:16:34 PM »

Quote from: "Roguetad"
Anyone else notice that the trainer suffers from dementia during matches?  One minute he's telling me that I'm doing great and dominating the round, and in the very next breath he says that I'm doing terrible and I need to watch out or I'll lose.  That kind of sage ring advice happens all the time for me.  "You're doing great kid, keep it up!  Another round won.  You looked terrible out there!  What are you doing??"  

Huh??  Maybe my trainer likes driving his boxers insane during bouts.

He sees things too.  "Lets get that cut closed up!"  Uh.....what cut?

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: