http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 07:59:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Q] How did Halo 2 impact your life?  (Read 1439 times)
ElijahPrice
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2004, 08:05:03 PM »

I was chatting with my bro about how crazy halo 2 being released was and so I thought I would ask you guys for some added info...

Did anybody take off time from work or school just to play Halo 2 when it first came out?

I didn't get to but I know some people did and I was just wondering how long...?
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 08:42:14 PM »

Not a bit.  I have Tuesdays off anyway (love that MWF class schedule), so it was easy for me to wait up and then play until 3 and still not miss anything.  It would've had me tired on Tuesday night, since I was up again, but a 2:45 AM fire drill in the dorms meant that everyone was tired and cranky the next day.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 08:54:13 PM »

Other than having to wait in line behind the two dumbass 12 year old's trying pay for it in what appeared to be nickels & dimes yesterday, not a bit.  Didn't buy it and have no intention of getting it.

My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 08:57:44 PM »

I got even farther behind in my readings for my history writing class. Now that I have finished it, I won't be going back for a bit until I have more time. Well, for that and Live. Although it's a good thing I did finish it as when HalfLife2 is finally mine, ALL my other games are put on hold until it is finished.

Playing: ? 360 | FO: New Vegas | BF4 PC / 360 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
AJ McClain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2004, 05:30:42 AM »

After having put a considerable amount of time into the multiplayer, it has dawned on me that I am, at best, a mediocre player. Consequently, I've fallen into a state of total despair. Anguish, even. My gaming skillz aren't all that I thought they were. All my illusions of being the baddest, fastest shootin', most gun tootin' gamer in the Mid West have been torn down and tossed into the wind. In fact, I die a little on the inside every time I get my ass handed to me in H2's multiplayer.

*sigh* I think I'll spend the next few days pondering what to do with the rest of my life.

Gamertag: Sin Mordai
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2004, 06:08:12 AM »

I have been spending an insane amoutn of time playing multiplayer on XBox live and ignoring my papers, but other than that not much.
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2004, 01:50:40 PM »

Zero impact.
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2004, 02:19:02 PM »

Wow, I am somewhat shocked.  Especially by Gratch calling 12-year olds dumbasses... smile

Personally, I wanted to take off the afternoon and play it because, well why not?  This was the game I was looking forward to.  I have enjoye dit big time since getting it nad now I am on LIVE which is a lot of fun.  I am looking to get some team games going and specifically looking for some of you guys to meet up with to do that...
UConnBBall
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2004, 05:17:51 PM »

I am a Residence Director at a college and I can tell you that I checked the class cuts for last week and it was a new school record. I went to EB Games and there must have been 50 people from my dorms ready toplay. We had two that completed the game before lunch. The funny thing is LIVE has deffintly affected campus.

XBox live was blocked and I got it unblock last month and now all the people that thought they were the top players in the world have seen reality. We have 2 players in the top 200, but everyone else is average at best, but the team games have been the only shinning point for them.

I have way tomuch work to really had an impact, but it was HUGE on campus, plus all the pistol criers who want the old HALO.

-UConn

-UConn

-----------------------------------------------
Discover the fun in life, because the rest discovers itself.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2004, 12:06:24 AM »

Halo 2 - not one little bit.  Played full steam ahead thru campaign about 3/4 of the way thru it, where it started to lose its luster and I had to force myself to finish it off.  Multiplayer has been fun, but it hasn't dominated my gaming habits like I thought it would (and should).

Now Half Life 2 on the other hand... I stayed up all night hitting the refresh button on Steam, and sure enough as soon as 12:01am hit I've been playing ever since.  I still can't stop thinking about it...

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2004, 12:27:37 AM »

I stayed up super late and missed classes the next day...but that's not a new thing for me biggrin

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
addybojangles on GameCenter
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2004, 12:38:44 AM »

No impact for me either, other than the fact that I got some extra trade in credit I wouldn't normally get.

It's an incredible Multiplayer shooter, especially for consoles. There's very little on that front that I could ask to be better or different.

Singleplayer has yet to wow me, it's fun, but it's nothing special, nothing new in the FPS genre.

I can't recall any game impacting my life since I was about 12 or 13 years old.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: