http://gamingtrend.com
November 21, 2014, 08:45:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PSP] Wipeout Pure - Gamma Pack 3 released...  (Read 1059 times)
Dimmona
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2005, 02:18:50 PM »

Hmm, not quite sure how long it's been out (I don't remember seeing it covered anywhere), but when I checked the Download sections in Wipeout while on vacation last weekend I noticed that pack 3 was available.  It looks like it includes one new track (Sebenco Peak), no new ships, and maybe one new skin.  The track is a race up a snowy peak, and while I didn't think it was as graphically impressive as the previous tracks at least it's laid out well and makes for a nice challenge.

I have to say, I'm impressed with both the frequency and the quality of the Wipeout Pure downloads - considering how the original game only shipped with 8 new tracks (and 4 'Tron-like' old ones), adding another 4 tracks to an already great game has definitly help to alliveiate my original complaints about there not being enough to do in the game smile

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 02:25:04 PM »

Errr, guess I was a little off on the contents (looks like there's a new ship in there after all)

From the official site:
Gamma Pack 3 brings you the agile van uber craft to add to your collection, returning to the track for the first time since the days of the f9000 league. You could put the van uber to good use right away by taking it for a tour of the high altitude sebenco peak circuit, a breathtaking, technical track set into the snowy summit of mount sebenco. Last, but not least, is the feisar team skin, bringing the colors of one of the most historic teams in anti-gravity racing to your Wipeout Pure menus

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 02:26:24 PM »

I also hear that if you have all three content packs installed, you'll get an option for another Grand Prix series through all the extra tracks.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 05:27:50 PM »

Looks like I'm going to have to pick up a bigger memory card after all.  With my other game saves and the Wipeout Gamma Packs, I'm out of room.

That happened a lot quicker than I expected.

- Don

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 09:58:49 PM »

what the heck, I haven't seen this reported anywhere!?

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 05:16:29 AM »

So I got a lot of unplanned time with Gamma Pack 3 today as I came down with the flu this afternoon smile

As Destructor mentioned, if you have all of the Gamma packs downloaded a new tournament called "Descension" is available in the tourney menu.  It's basically a tourney featuring all 12 Alpha, Beta, and Gamma maps.  It definitely tests your endurance as well as the life of your battery - I think it took me ~45minutes to go through the whole thing.  The new ship also looks pretty cool and has insane handling, but I still prefer the speed of the Tibron from Gamma Pack 2.

Here's hoping there's more good free stuff on the way...

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 01:01:48 PM »

The new ship has the same shield, handling, and thrust as one of the old ones, but with better speed (3 vs 2). I tried it briefly on the new track and liked it. I had been using the one from GP2, which is great, but found I was using the air brakes a lot to negotiate turns, which slows you down.

This is the last in the Gamma series. A pack containing classic tracks is expected on the first of August (info at IGN

I haven't unlocked any of the classic tracks yet, myself.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
angrycoder
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 02:34:03 PM »

I hope the tracks in the new Classic packs are real fully skinned tracks rather than the flat polygon virtual classic tracks that shipped with the game. As a long time fan of the series, the stripped down classic tracks were a real disappointment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: