http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 09:04:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PSP] Wipeout Pure Gamma Pack 2 released  (Read 673 times)
Dimmona
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2005, 07:51:33 PM »

For you Wipeout fans, Gamma Pack 2 was released at midnight last night and is available via the in game browser.

I didn't bother to read any of the release notes, but from what I've seen playing it there's 2 new tracks and 2 new skins (and possibly a few new tunes as well).  I didn't see any new ships...

One of the tracks is another short one (similar to the Stanton Park map from the first Gamma Pak) and takes place in a trainyard/industrial area at night, while the second map is a normal length track that winds through a futuristic mall of some sort.  Both maps are gorgeous - two of the best looking maps available in the game so far.

I'm really digging this content download stuff - if they keep releasing updates at the rate they are, it'll almost be like getting a second game for free...

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 11:55:26 AM »

I ought to download these. I haven't played Wipeout in weeks though. It was such a struggle trying to win even the early races that it kind of put me off of it.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 12:03:44 PM »

Quote from: "Misguided"
It was such a struggle trying to win even the early races that it kind of put me off of it.

I had a similar experience, I couldn't win anything after several tries, and so I shelved the game for a few weeks.  I finally came back to it and realized I was driving as if it were a regular car racer.  You really have to let yourself adapt to the more slidy Wipeout style, and then it's a lot easier.  Try hitting the R/L airbrake and starting your turn ridiculously early, that's how I finally started getting used to the style.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 02:34:33 PM »

Other minor tips:
- When going airborne, tap R-L-R or L-R-L in the air for a boost when you land.

- Hit the accelerator right as the announcer says 'Go' at the beginning of the race for a boost, then immediately double-tap the L trigger to scoot over (and keep from boosting right into the back of the person ahead of you).

- And yes, the airbrake is your friend smile

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: