http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 07:52:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PSP] Slim already hacked!  (Read 1050 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« on: September 11, 2007, 02:54:21 AM »

Why do they even bother trying to protect the PSP anymore?:

Well kids, you won't have to wait too long to be hacking, cracking, phreaking, duping, shooting, dumpster-diving, and generally getting biz-zay with your PSP Slim / Lite, as the outrageous tricksters known as Team M33 have just released their do-it-all custom firmware (version 3.6, for those keeping score at home), thus confirming Pandora's Battery as a "go" (amongst other things) on the new systems. If you understand what we're talking about, you'll be pleased to know that homebrews from the GAME, GAME150 and GAME360 directories load fine, though some homebrews written specifically for the 1.50 kernel won't run properly (due to some hardware and screen problems on the Slim). Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines, don your helmets, and get ready to seriously rumble.

It took what, less than a week?

Now to do all the things that other PSP users have access to - full screen movies, homebrew, new icon sets, emulation, and FREE PS1 support.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 03:47:07 AM »

sweet.  now if only I can understand how to do it when I get my PSP slim.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 03:51:28 AM »

What's a PSP slim? Tongue

It's not really slimmer, not by much at least.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 03:51:44 AM »

I read about this earlier today-would like to figure it out for my new PSP. Ok no go for me, dont have a phat to use-gotta wait till they figure this out for people who don't have an old unit. Also, not sure if this release includes PS1 emulations support-does anyone who knows about this stuff know if that is included?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 03:54:58 AM by Calvin » Logged
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 05:17:40 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on September 11, 2007, 02:54:21 AM

Why do they even bother trying to protect the PSP anymore?:

Well kids, you won't have to wait too long to be hacking, cracking, phreaking, duping, shooting, dumpster-diving, and generally getting biz-zay with your PSP Slim / Lite, as the outrageous tricksters known as Team M33 have just released their do-it-all custom firmware (version 3.6, for those keeping score at home), thus confirming Pandora's Battery as a "go" (amongst other things) on the new systems. If you understand what we're talking about, you'll be pleased to know that homebrews from the GAME, GAME150 and GAME360 directories load fine, though some homebrews written specifically for the 1.50 kernel won't run properly (due to some hardware and screen problems on the Slim). Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines, don your helmets, and get ready to seriously rumble.

It took what, less than a week?

Now to do all the things that other PSP users have access to - full screen movies, homebrew, new icon sets, emulation, and FREE PS1 support.

Full screen movies have been part of the regular PSP for a while now.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 05:31:14 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on September 11, 2007, 05:17:40 AM

Full screen movies have been part of the regular PSP for a while now.

When did they actually allow you to encode and watch movies at full screen? Shows how long I've had a modified firmware if I can't remember they changed that.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 05:33:50 AM by Destructor » Logged

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 07:29:57 AM »

Not completely sure since I just got my first PSP with the new slim release. I think it might have been around 2.5.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 01:37:43 PM »

Yeah it's been 6-8 months ago.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 11:58:20 PM »

let me get this straight.  if you have a hacked old 1.5 psp and get the pandora's battery working, you can then use that to hack the new slim? 

i just dg'ed the older model to 1.5 but haven't down a thing with it since. 

i take it that the lumines trick will stop being the preferred method to get this going and used copies will start showing up on the rack for decent prices again. 

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 12:23:45 AM »

Yeah, the Lumines trick is pretty much unneeded now. Only problem is that you need to find an already hacked system to create the Pandora Battery. Once that's done, yes, you can unlock pretty much whatever you want.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: