http://gamingtrend.com
August 02, 2014, 04:44:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PSP] EA's NCAA Football 2007 impressions  (Read 1951 times)
Clay
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2006, 01:24:03 AM »

I picked this up yesterday and had a chance to play for a few minutes.  First, a disclaimer: I don't play a lot of sports games.  Since I love college sports, I decided to pick this up.

I started a Dynasty as UNC.  I had to enter the name of the coach to get started, so yours truly became coach.  I didn't mess around much with the preseason stuff, as I wanted to hop right into the first game, vs. Rutgers.  UNC is not rated well in the game (with good reason) and Rutgers was expected to win.  

Once games load, there are virtually no load times at all as the game progresses.  It's smoove like butta.  For a handheld game, the graphics are great.  The widescreen format of the PSP really helps football games.  Ignoring any attempt to learn the controls before I started, I just went with what I suspected would work and it did.  The right trigger is sprint, the X is stiff-arm, the circle is spin, the square is dive, and I don't know what the triangle is.  

The in-game commentary is good and not too frequent or annoying.  I didn't see any mascots, but the UNC fight song was in there.  I wish these college games could have the players' names, but I understand why they can't.

The controls are responsive, the framerate is good, and I have to say, I had a blast playing the game.  I haven't looked into multiplayer yet, but I think it supports online matches.  That would be a lot of fun, in my opinion.  

Anyhow, uh, you'd probably be better off having somebody who has played 1000s of these games give impressions.  From my point of view, it's a lot of fun and I expect that I will put many hours into it.  

Anybody else?  biggrin

xbox live: nude rick james
Clay

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 01:25:37 AM »

Oh, yeah... I picked it and Valkyrie Profile up at the same time.  This is MUCH easier to pick up, play, put into sleep mode for a while, pick up and continue.  I was worried that sleep mode would cause problems, but it went off without a hitch.  I didn't want to miss the story in VP:L, which is why I put it down until I have a little more time to get involved.

Oops.  I guess I should have put this in the Sports forum.   :o

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 01:35:16 AM »

Is there online play?
That'd be about the only reason why I picked up any PSP title, as it's the only console/handheld that I have (free) online access with.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 01:56:30 AM »

I was all ready to jump on this until the "rushing bug" was mentioned.

Now, I'm OUT!

Oh, and I heard that we had some sort of Sports Forum where, I guess people go and post some things about sports games. In fact, if you look real close at one of the threads in there, I think one of them mentions NCAA '07.  :wink:

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 02:32:22 AM »

Sports Forum!

Join the thread here.  Admittedly the title needs to be changed.

Where my mods at?

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 11:52:57 AM »

Quote from: "Devil"
Oh, and I heard that we had some sort of Sports Forum where, I guess people go and post some things about sports games. In fact, if you look real close at one of the threads in there, I think one of them mentions NCAA '07.  :wink:

Yes, but nobody practically ever uses it.  :wink:

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 01:14:25 PM »

Yes, but nobody practically ever uses it.

So it's just like my DS and the opposite of the Islanders GM office?

Tongue

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 01:15:59 PM »

Yes, but nobody practically ever uses it.

So it's just like my DS and the opposite of the Islanders GM office?

Tongue

Lol, yeah the Islanders GM decision boggles the mind.
Clay

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 04:41:26 PM »

I was all ready to jump on this until the "rushing bug" was mentioned.

Now, I'm OUT!

Yeah, after playing another game, it's there.  It's a real bummer to rush for a 1st down, only to have the ball spotted 6 yards back.

To me, a bug like this means that the game is just downright broken.  I am going to return it as a faulty product.  I hope they take it back.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 07:29:49 PM »

Quote from: "Clay"
To me, a bug like this means that the game is just downright broken.  I am going to return it as a faulty product.  I hope they take it back.

Of course they won't. Why would any store take an opened game back in this day and age?

Even if it is yet another buggy as hell EA product.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
FlyingElvis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2006, 07:35:58 PM »

How the hell does this get through QC testing. It's like releasing a calculator that gives 5 for 2+2.

I have been waiting months for this game. I'll wait until they come out with a version 2.

Now playing: Oblivion, X3: The Reunion
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2006, 07:58:35 PM »

IGN changed their review score based on the bug.  Dissapointing.  I was looking foward to picking this up for the PSP.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2006, 10:51:08 PM »

man i'm slow Tongue

Moved
FlyingElvis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2006, 01:59:37 AM »

Quote from: "Roguetad"
IGN changed their review score based on the bug.  Dissapointing.  I was looking foward to picking this up for the PSP.

You're right. They dropped it from an 8.5 to a 6.9.

Kudos to IGN.

Now playing: Oblivion, X3: The Reunion
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: