http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 05:35:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PSN/XBL/PC]Counter-Strike:Global Offensive  (Read 2381 times)
wonderpug
Gaming Trend Senior Member

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2012, 06:19:54 PM »

I'm playing the PC version sporadically and loving it.  I love how they left the classic maps virtually untouched in design.  Everything feels extremely familiar, which is what I wanted out of it.

The greatest new feature in my book is the easy matchmaking.  Any time I tried to hop into CS:Source for a few rounds, I always got frustrated with the process of finding a server that was
  • not empty
  • not full
  • not running a crazy 3rd party map
  • not about to force me to spend 10 minutes downloading the most awesome sound effects ever
  • not running crazy custom rulesets

Now I can just click and go.  Lovely.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2012, 07:58:45 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on August 29, 2012, 06:19:54 PM

I'm playing the PC version sporadically and loving it.  I love how they left the classic maps virtually untouched in design.  Everything feels extremely familiar, which is what I wanted out of it.

The greatest new feature in my book is the easy matchmaking.  Any time I tried to hop into CS:Source for a few rounds, I always got frustrated with the process of finding a server that was
  • not empty
  • not full
  • not running a crazy 3rd party map
  • not about to force me to spend 10 minutes downloading the most awesome sound effects ever

Now I can just click and go.  Lovely.

Amen to that! It's like," we'll I have 30 minutes to play before my wife gets home." click a few things and play not do the above. Custom stuff is nice, but when it dominates the presence of the core game, not my thing...
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2012, 02:18:26 AM »

Little late to the game, but have to say I've been pretty underwhelmed by Counter-Strike on PS3. Sure it has mouse/keyboard support and better graphics compared to the last time I've played.. but it just doesn't "feel" like Counter-Strike anymore.
I've had more fun with Modern Combat Domination ($7.99 on PSN) than this.

The bot AI leaves a lot to be desired. What happened to the awesome AI from Condition Zero and Source? If you are on the terrorist team, why do you ALWAYS get the bomb at each round?

I still have Counter-Strike for original Xbox and enjoyed that much more despite the outdated graphics. The AI was good enough for me to keep it in my collection even after Microsoft killed the online support. (Another reason why FPS's should include bots.)

Haven't ventured online yet, not even sure if I'm going to fire it up again at all though.

I'd highly recommend cutting your cost in half and getting Modern Combat Domination instead. Now that still feels like classic Counter-Strike!

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2012, 02:33:17 AM »

Quote from: wonderpug on August 29, 2012, 06:19:54 PM

c'mon, who doesn't love low gravity knife only servers? icon_lol

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: