http://gamingtrend.com
September 22, 2014, 10:27:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PSN/XBL/PC]Counter-Strike:Global Offensive  (Read 2394 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2011, 09:10:37 PM »

i see CK has made a PC thread on the matter,but thankfully its also happening for the console

Counter-Strike:Global Offensive Confirmed

Back in the day of Xbox 1,there were only two games i played online and they were Star Wars Battlefront and Counter-Strike,so i am really looking forward to this

most surprisingly is that its being released on Xbox Live Arcade and Playstation Network

Valve has lifted the lid on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, a new entry in the multiplayer shooter series that's targeted for release early next year.

CS:GO will be released on the PlayStation Network, Xbox Live Arcade as well as Steam and is being developed by Valve in cooperation with Hidden Path Entertainment, which also worked on Counter-Strike: Source.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 12:29:46 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 10:02:38 PM »

Definitely a day 1 purchase (PS3) for me.

I also played Counter-Strike on the original Xbox and absolutely loved it. Even after Microsoft killed the online community, it still had full bot support for all the multiplayer maps.
I'd go on a limb and say that the official Counter-Strike bot has some of the best AI I've seen in a FPS, even after all these years.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 11:57:18 AM »

I played CS on the computer probably as much as I've ever played any game.  I'm down for this for sure.  May just be the first FPS I purchase since MW2.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 05:24:10 PM »

with it being an Xbox Live game(and PSN of course),and obviously wont get the mods that PC players get i am hoping Valve will support the game better than DICE did for Battlefield '43

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 04:58:17 AM »

Since the PS3 version will support Steam, we should at least get pretty good support on PS3.

Also PS3 confirmed to have cross play with PC and Mac, as well as mouse and keyboard (plus move) support.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-26-ps3-cs-go-supports-keyboard-and-mouse
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 07:55:53 AM by corruptrelic » Logged

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 02:51:37 PM »

wow it looks ugly.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 06:13:50 PM »

Quote from: naednek on August 27, 2011, 02:51:37 PM

wow it looks ugly.

yeah,but as a XBLA game,i am fine with the look and coming with at least 7 or 8 maps(depending on where you read),i am hoping it can still catch the feel of the last games

PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 07:17:51 PM »

For me most FPS games rarely age well.  I remember loving DOOM when it was on the Sega 32X but couldn't play more than 5 min on XBLA.  As Counter-Strike is so similar to current FPS military shooters I'd much rather play current titles than going back to play their predecessors or prior influences.  Part of the problem is the regression in graphics, but also the less refined gameplay.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 09:50:27 AM »

GameInformer hands on

Valve's new entry in the Counter-Strike series feels very familiar, yet looks a lot better.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 12:53:53 PM »

last trailer I saw mentions cross-platform play. Wonder if they will do stuff like Shadowrun did to try to even up the odds.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 03:01:35 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on August 28, 2011, 12:53:53 PM

last trailer I saw mentions cross-platform play. Wonder if they will do stuff like Shadowrun did to try to even up the odds.

I heard it was going to support mouse and KB, but other than that I don't know.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 03:56:48 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on August 28, 2011, 03:01:35 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on August 28, 2011, 12:53:53 PM

I heard it was going to support mouse and KB, but other than that I don't know.

Where'd you hear that from, a couple of posts up?  icon_biggrin

Valve confirmed the PS3 version would have cross platform play and mouse and keyboard support. It's on the hands-on link from above:

Players on every platform except Xbox 360 can all connect and battle it out online. Microsoft doesn't want Steam on Xbox Live so those players will be left out of the big party.

Hopefully they'll make it similar to Unreal 3 on PS3, where when browsing servers it shows you whether the server is a mouse and keyboard supported server or not. (That way if you're playing on the dual shock 3 - unless you want to get whipped - you can avoid those servers.)

The graphics look good enough, IMO, and it's still Counter-Strike. The closest thing we've gotten to Counter-Strike on consoles right now is Modern Combat Domination (only on PSN - $7.99) and as close as they tried to make it feel to CS, it's just not the same.
If graphics mattered people wouldn't still be buying Wii games, so I think I can live with less than perfect graphics as long as we still get that classic Counter-Strike feel gameplay.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 03:59:08 PM by corruptrelic » Logged

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2011, 04:59:15 PM »

I think it'd be kinda neat if servers allow cross-platform but controller only.  Controller work great on PC anyway.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2011, 05:51:39 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on August 28, 2011, 04:59:15 PM

I think it'd be kinda neat if servers allow cross-platform but controller only.  Controller work great on PC anyway.

Not for an FPS that requires fast and highly accurate aiming.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2011, 06:50:05 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on August 28, 2011, 05:51:39 PM

Not for an FPS that requires fast and highly accurate aiming.

yes, even for those, unless you suck

This is something people just keep on saying and it's really just not true.  If you turn the sensitivity all the way up a controller is almost as fast as a mouse.  I really think it's because people use a mouse for more years than controller that they are better with them.

Obviously whatever you've done the longest is easier for you.  It's an old arguement though and the people who insist it can't work will never change their minds.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 08:11:54 PM »

LOL, I think you forget that every console shooter has several aiming aids running in the background to help you actually hit targets easier.  It isn't a bias thing, it is just a simple fact of the interface. 

If they allow PS3 with controller and no aiming aids to compete against PCs when this comes out I will gladly put my rusty mouse skills against your uber controller skills and then we'll see who sucks.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 08:19:16 PM »

No auto-aiming on PS3/PC cross play.

"So I think a lot of PC players go like 'Oh my God. I don't want my game filled with all those console noobs'. Well, guess what? They have no edge. There's no auto-aiming happening. There's nothing giving them an advantage."

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/counter-strike-global-offensive/1191101p1.html

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 10:18:56 PM »

hell no.  It's why I mainly play shooters on the pc, better control use. 
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 10:36:49 PM »

Quote from: naednek on August 28, 2011, 10:18:56 PM

hell no.  It's why I mainly play shooters on the pc, better control use. 

Better control because you are used to it.  Most of you guys didnt put more than a handful of hours in console fps and couldnt get over the fact it isnt a mouse.  With good programming and nice accel/decel you can do fine without autoaim.  You do know you can use a controller on pc games now right?  I will find a game and take you up on the challenge. 

Just because you cant do it, doesnt mean it doesnt work.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 04:48:30 PM »

Due this Summer

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 07:23:10 PM »

ok now that looks good
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 07:43:39 PM »

Quote from: naednek on March 05, 2012, 07:23:10 PM

ok now that looks good

The game or the men in uniform?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 07:50:13 PM »

But how will they look bunny hopping?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 07:57:46 PM »

I think the second picture is of one guy covering another guy taking a dump slywink

Hey, I want to see this Hark with controller vs. guy with mouse match!

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 03:44:55 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on March 05, 2012, 07:57:46 PM

I think the second picture is of one guy covering another guy taking a dump slywink

Listen, wiseass... when you gotta go, you GOTTA GO!

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 08:23:23 PM »

cross platform play dropped:

"The beta has proved we want to update not just the beta, but the game itself post-launch frequently on the PC," Valve's Chet Faliszek revealed to Joystiq. "To do that we need to separate the platforms so one doesn't hamstring the other. So for that, we have removed the idea of cross-platform play -- essentially make all platforms stronger by not mixing them."

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 06:35:16 PM »

Due this August

Valve's announced that the next installment of the Counter-Strike global phenomenon will be a downloadable title for the PS3 Xbox 360 and PC/Mac. This August, CS: GO will feature new weapons, characters, maps alongside updated versions of classic Counter-Strike favorites. It'll cost about $15 on all platforms. We'll have more on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive this week.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2012, 08:49:50 PM »

think I may pre-order this on Steam.  anyone else thinking of getting this, and if so what platform?

Because I can,
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2012, 09:18:12 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 14, 2012, 08:49:50 PM

think I may pre-order this on Steam.  anyone else thinking of getting this, and if so what platform?

I'm torn between ps3 and my Mac, which I could play with pc gamers as well. But a few good friend are on ps3 that want it...
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2012, 01:46:18 AM »

Snagged this on Mac, played the beta a little bit tonight.

It feels like CS, pretty much. I'd never played Arms Race, so I'm having some good fun with that. Just like every other CS, I'll probably play short bursts every few months against bots, play online once, and give it back up.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2012, 04:11:31 AM »

looks like the first mod will be ready for launch.  here's a hint:  it has zombies.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2012, 12:35:53 PM »

This has kind of sneaked up on me and was reminded of it when the 'what are you buying thread' came along for this week

i looked for the map listing and found this,hope its true...because for 1200 points,17 maps is friggin' amazing..especially if you think of how much fun BF '43 was with just the 3 maps(4th i never touched)

but i am a bit weary,a 360 game has never had that many maps before on launch(well,especially a XBLA game)

does anybody know if this is the confirmed maps for 360 and PS3 versions?,i Believe the below list was the PC beta maps for CSGO
Classic Maps:

- Aztec
- Dust
- Dust2
- Inferno
- Italy
- Nuke
- Office
- Train

New Maps:

- Baggage
- Shoots
- Shorttrain
- Bank
- Lake
- Safehouse
- Sugarcane
- St. Marc

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2012, 07:04:23 PM »

Preordered on Mac. Played the beta for 6 hrs after that. Needless to say, I enjoyed it.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2012, 11:24:02 PM »

I pre-ordered it for PC (no way in heck I'm playing CS on a console...) and have put in a fair amount of time in the last few days. I like that it feels very much like the CS of old, but modernized as far as the interface functionality, new game modes, and updated graphics. I'm a little disappointed in the graphics though, I was hoping that maxed out it would look better. The textures are very bland and the bloom/HDR effect makes the game look soft. I'm still trying to turn that stuff off.

I'm really excited about the game, overall. I used to play CS a lot and ran two of my own servers, so it's a treat to be experiencing some of that again.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2012, 03:10:31 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on August 21, 2012, 11:24:02 PM

I pre-ordered it for PC (no way in heck I'm playing CS on a console...) and have put in a fair amount of time in the last few days. I like that it feels very much like the CS of old, but modernized as far as the interface functionality, new game modes, and updated graphics. I'm a little disappointed in the graphics though, I was hoping that maxed out it would look better. The textures are very bland and the bloom/HDR effect makes the game look soft. I'm still trying to turn that stuff off.

I'm really excited about the game, overall. I used to play CS a lot and ran two of my own servers, so it's a treat to be experiencing some of that again.

Your story is identical to mine. Love me self some cs. This is a nice rebirth of the series. I'll have to add some of you to my steam friends.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2012, 10:47:13 AM »

Eurogamer Review(PC version)-9

XBLA version is now up on the Marketplace

EDIT:Shittin' Hell,i have only been playing this for 5 minutes,i have had disconnections,loading screens getting stuck,weapons not being able to fire,buying weapons and then the rifle i bought not being in my inventory..thank god for game trials

EDIT:Well i can no longer shoot at all now no matter how many new games i start or new games i join,i can't switch weapons nor go to the shop anymore either,all i can do is move about the map(and yes this is after the warm up period)...I'll come back to it when its fixed

EDIT: Juts got back in after being out for a few hours and fired the game up,still could not shoot,change weapons or go to the shop to buy new weapons

So i deleted the game off my HDD and redownloaded it....still the same thumbsdown

EDIT: went on XBL forums,a lot of other people were complaining about it but to fix it the bug(which just randomly disables all your controls except walking),you have to go into controls and restore default settings..least i can play now,shame i have wasted 30 minutes off my trial icon_frown
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 04:36:10 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2012, 11:58:05 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on August 22, 2012, 03:10:31 AM

Quote from: Ridah on August 21, 2012, 11:24:02 PM

Your story is identical to mine. Love me self some cs. This is a nice rebirth of the series. I'll have to add some of you to my steam friends.

Definitely add me! steam name: ridah or email: [email protected]

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2012, 12:55:58 AM »

I'm hopping on shortly so I'll add ya. I probably play without a mic, since the wife is about to cook and watch tv in "almost" the same room. But, later I might be on with mic and full effect. I usually use Skype on my phone whilst playing if you have it or wanna get it.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2012, 02:51:36 AM »

Fuck you Valve!  nod This game ran great until the patch today on my mac...and many others. Now i crash about every 20 mins. Okay, maybe not fuck you, but pls fix, i need to get MY fix...
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2012, 08:34:45 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on August 24, 2012, 02:51:36 AM

Fuck you Valve!  nod This game ran great until the patch today on my mac...and many others. Now i crash about every 20 mins. Okay, maybe not fuck you, but pls fix, i need to get MY fix...

Congrats to valve. Problem was fixed in 24 hrs. Csgo is good again as of last night! There was a little Mac only client side patch that took care of it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: