http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 01:19:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PSN] Three new games announced for Playstation Home  (Read 421 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2012, 11:36:49 PM »

Cutthroats: Battle for Black Powder Cove (out now): This team-based game puts treasure-troving, ship-sinking scoundrels in a series of breathtaking battles for riches beyond your wildest imagination. In this free-to-play platform exclusive, six teams of up to four players each take to the high seas, blasting each other's boats to smithereens in an ongoing sequence of seafaring skirmishes to increase XP and unlock exclusive content.

No Man's Land (out spring 2012): Hyper-violent, intensely gritty, and absolutely not for the faint-of-heart, No Man's Land is a post-apocalyptic third-person shooter unlike any other game in the history of PlayStation Home. Race through urban wastelands where chaos and disorder are ever-present, dodging enemy fire and exacting revenge on roaming bands of death-addicted warriors in a world gone mad. Squads of up to four players each clash in two game modes - Team Deathmatch and Scavengers - in pulse-pounding multiplayer mayhem where only the savage survive.

Mercia (out summer 2012): Enter the fractured realms of Mercia, Home's exclusive multiplayer RPG (Role-Playing Game). Take up your sword and embark on a journey through a fantastical world where adventure lies around every corner. With a high-fantasy narrative and gameplay elements that recount the most popular action RPGs of all time, Mercia offers players an enchanting online game experience across wondrous lands where heroes are born...and magic reigns supreme.

http://www.psu.com/Sony-unveils-3-new-PlayStation-Home-games--a014846-p0.php

There's already a good number of games (free) on Home, so it's surprising that Home still hasn't really taken off. I've gotten lost just wondering around some of the never ending worlds that exist in Home, from their MMO's, to adventuring through caves, to playing bowling or a game of chess in the mall.
Looks like the this latest batch are all freemium titles as well.

Trailer for Cutthroats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwEfKFs_BWk

Trailer for No Man's Land:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kK3qbc1i8o
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 12:11:40 AM by corruptrelic » Logged

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 02:02:02 PM »

Huh... Home has games? Perhaps I should install it again... didn't really see the point at launch so uninstalled and then completely forgot about it in the intervening years.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 02:54:57 PM »

I reinstalled it last month,and looked about..it IS getting better but still something that i realise i was too excited about before it launched

I played the FPS game in there(I dunno some 1920s Prohibition shooter)and it was alright for free i guess,nothing in it that i want to go back to TBH

I would not really be interested in any other FPS,but the (MMO?)RPG i might have a look in...but just typing this made remember i already play a MMO for free on the PS3(DCUniverse)...but look at me complaining about 'free' and 'choice' Tongue

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 03:41:20 PM »

I don't see the point of Home having games.  I mean, I see the point.  They want people to use Home.  But if they develop a good game, they'll lose an audience it could have had.  I, for one, don't want to fiddle with Home again just to play a game.

It's not like a casual game on, say, Facebook, where I'm using FB anyway, so what the hell, I'll give the game a whirl.  You're making me walk around to get to what I want to do.  That's a waste of my time.  I'd rather waste my time how I see fit.

Hell, I'm irritated that I have to scroll over a couple of screens (past videos?!?) to get to my games list on the 360.

I'm sure at one point Sony was hoping to have the next console be Home based.  I'm hoping they're not still considering that.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 10:16:36 PM »

At one point Sony was talking about having people gather in Home and 'hang out' in lobbies to socialize while they wait for their games to launch. I'm glad that never went through.

The Home exclusive games on the other hand are worth checking out. Doesn't hurt to give it a try as you don't have to pay anything. I'm definitely interested in seeing how Mercia turns out, as I've always liked co-op multiplayer RPG's.

With Home you don't have to walk through crowds of people to get to your games (although you can) there's also a shortcut menu where you can select the game directly and simply spawn in it.
I think one or two games you spawn in the 'world' the games are located in, then have to walk about 30 feet to get to the actual game, which are usually a console on a massive terminal with other home users connected to it.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 03:51:47 AM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on March 30, 2012, 02:02:02 PM

Huh... Home has games? Perhaps I should install it again... didn't really see the point at launch so uninstalled and then completely forgot about it in the intervening years.

I did the same exact thing. Maybe I'll check it out again...Btw, how is dc universe?
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 08:44:08 AM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on March 31, 2012, 03:51:47 AM

I did the same exact thing. Maybe I'll check it out again...Btw, how is dc universe?

DC is a fun game up'n till max level where it gets a bit grindy - but for an MMO, it does do some pretty nice stuff. Be aware though, it took me 3 days to download.

A new one
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 04:29:21 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on March 31, 2012, 08:44:08 AM

DC is a fun game up'n till max level where it gets a bit grindy - but for an MMO, it does do some pretty nice stuff. Be aware though, it took me 3 days to download.

Wtf!?! Three days! Wow. How big is that file?
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 04:59:41 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on March 31, 2012, 04:29:21 PM

Quote from: Razgon on March 31, 2012, 08:44:08 AM

Wtf!?! Three days! Wow. How big is that file?

about 16-17gig(i think),but you know Sony servers.....i went on today and there was a 2 gig update that took 90minutes..lost the will to play after it downloaded icon_confused

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 07:38:02 PM »

Yikes... better check first how much space is left on my 60.  icon_frown

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 02:52:07 AM »

holy shit. I'll give it a go though.
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 05:47:17 AM »

I didn't know it even had games, let alone free ones. The ones I'd seen when I first tried Home out were games you had to pay to play and I didn't know how many of them were really games. This looks pretty decent. Might have to check it out again.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 06:19:31 PM »

Quote from: Rumpy on April 01, 2012, 05:47:17 AM

I didn't know it even had games, let alone free ones. The ones I'd seen when I first tried Home out were games you had to pay to play and I didn't know how many of them were really games. This looks pretty decent. Might have to check it out again.

I was surprised by that as well. Hell, they really don't seem to tell us about this kind of shit. As if they don't want us to know. Conspiracy...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: