http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 04:29:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PS4/XB1/PC] Assassin's Creed Unity  (Read 629 times)
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2014, 05:13:22 PM »

Some new images popped up today:

Love the timeframe and place this is set in.  France around Napoleon and the revolution?  This could be very interesting and a return to the AC we remember from II/Brotherhood.

From Kotaku, they also mention that a 360/PS3 AC game codenamed Comet is in development.  I guess we can look forward to targeted development and not just ports with added in effects.  

-edit
Clearly, these are early shots and only indicative of the timeframe and geographical region, not part of a final build.  
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 06:01:39 PM by Caine » Logged

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 05:46:48 PM »

I think it would be a good idea to add that these are leaked shots of an internal build that's probably not even alpha at this point. I'm sure a bunch of people around the Internet are saying various variations of "it looks like crap" right now, which is extremely unfair. The devs working on this are probably feeling pretty heartbroken that their game had to be revealed to the world in this way.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 06:06:26 PM »

good recommendation.  added until we get some better pics

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 08:30:59 PM »

I wonder if the 360/PS3 game will be a companion game to the PS4/XBO version, like Liberation was to AC3.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 09:41:17 PM »

I expect it'll be a full-fledged AC game using the old engine, though I suspect the story won't be essential. It might be a side story, but it's likely to be much larger in scale than Liberation was.

The PS4/Xbox One game is supposedly built on a new engine, so it's harder to know what to expect from it. The "Parkour Up" and "Parkour Down" buttons in those screens hint at some interesting (and damned necessary) changes to the formula. Hell, I'll be happy if they give me a way to run without accidentally climbing anything I bump into.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 03:57:20 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on March 19, 2014, 09:41:17 PM

Hell, I'll be happy if they give me a way to run without accidentally climbing anything I bump into.

nod

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 03:57:45 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on March 19, 2014, 09:41:17 PM

The "Parkour Up" and "Parkour Down" buttons in those screens hint at some interesting (and damned necessary) changes to the formula. Hell, I'll be happy if they give me a way to run without accidentally climbing anything I bump into.

Yes!  I was shocked to play Black Flag and see that they still had those problems that plagued the first game.  Big changes need to be made to evolve their formula.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 04:40:40 AM »

Yeah, the lighting in those shots are definitely what I'd consider alpha dev lighting. No effects, no post processing, probably not even taking into account much in the way of shaders. It's just the most basic lights thrown into a scene so you can see what stuff is in the scene.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 03:38:49 PM »

Ahem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLcjwqXATIM
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 04:21:34 PM »

French Revolution does not seem as interesting as pirate Caribbean.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 04:25:26 PM »

Depends on how much they update the gameplay.

There's going to be a lot of intrigue in the area, which means more direct Assassin vs. Templar stuff compared to AC4. If they play their cards right, they could revitalize the story that they've almost abandoned at this point.

What I do hope is that they do more with doing assassin-y stuff while on the ground. I mean have more interesting options and abilities while on the ground, not overcomplicated ground missions.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 05:40:00 PM »

I'm really excited for that element.  it was so distant in Black Flag that whenever I did those missions I felt like "oh yeah, Templars.  I'd forgotten about those guys".  don't get me wrong, I loved IV and the pirating is one of the reasons I did, but it was the least AC game of them all. 

I do feel the loss of a strong present-tense protaganist is hurting that part of the game though.  sure, it was nice to invert the usual by working for the "bad guys", but I never felt more that the Abstergo bits were more than a speed bump in the narrative of the game. 

loved the framing of that video.  Rich vs poor, large architecture (happy that we'll get this again) and a sense of scale that matches 2/Brotherhood.

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 06:04:00 PM »

I hope they make the game more mission-focused this time around.

While I had a blast with AC4 and put in over 40 hours with it, the missions seemed to be an afterthought in favor of hunting down collectibles. After awhile, I almost dreaded going to a new island because it was basically a shopping list: Get 4 treasure chests, 2 Aztec stones, 3 Sea Shanties, 2 Assassin Jobs, and a carton of milk.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2014, 06:29:05 PM »

I hated the milk missions. 

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2014, 06:31:44 PM »

Quote from: farley2k on March 21, 2014, 06:29:05 PM

Don't cry over spilled milk
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2014, 07:58:00 PM »

Quote from: farley2k on March 21, 2014, 06:29:05 PM

you must not have unlocked the special 'hot cocoa' missions  ninja

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2014, 12:16:50 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on March 21, 2014, 04:21:34 PM

French Revolution does not seem as interesting as pirate Caribbean.

Ubisoft being a French company, it seems more likely than not. Besides, we can have a plot twist where it turns out that the Scarlet Pimpernel was an Assassin and Robespierre the Head Templar icon_biggrin

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2014, 09:30:34 AM »

I'm kind of annoyed at the new preview video they put out. Ubisoft is the worst company in gaming when it comes to producing so-called "bullshots". You'll never see them release a screenshot or a video that hasn't been heavily doctored. They claim the video is in-engine, but I can assure you that what you're seeing there is not even close to what you'll see in the game when it's out. Just the fact that the picture has been heavily super-sampled (rendered at extreme resolutions, like at least 4k, and then scaled down to create perfectly smooth AA) is telling enough in itself. I would assume the video is rendered in a 3d graphics tool (Maya, for example) using in-game assets.

Ubisoft always lies in its preview material.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2014, 03:27:58 PM »

Far Cry 3 was the worst example of this.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2014, 08:04:40 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on March 22, 2014, 09:30:34 AM

I'm kind of annoyed at the new preview video they put out. Ubisoft is the worst company in gaming when it comes to producing so-called "bullshots". You'll never see them release a screenshot or a video that hasn't been heavily doctored. They claim the video is in-engine, but I can assure you that what you're seeing there is not even close to what you'll see in the game when it's out. Just the fact that the picture has been heavily super-sampled (rendered at extreme resolutions, like at least 4k, and then scaled down to create perfectly smooth AA) is telling enough in itself. I would assume the video is rendered in a 3d graphics tool (Maya, for example) using in-game assets.

Or it's just shot from the PC build.  slywink

Sandwiches do fix everything.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2014, 08:10:33 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on March 22, 2014, 08:04:40 PM

Quote from: TiLT on March 22, 2014, 09:30:34 AM

Or it's just shot from the PC build.  slywink

Trust me, it's not. What I said above is true whether you're talking about the PC or console version of the game.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2014, 03:40:23 PM »

4-player co-op coming to AC Unity? expect a demo reel of this at E3 along with single player

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2014, 04:18:03 AM »

Here's a 5 minute video of Co-op posted from MS' E3 conference.

Out October 28th 2014

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2014, 06:10:10 PM »

Their showing a new gameplay section outside of a mission. lots of people walking around and a bunch of side missions popping up.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: