http://gamingtrend.com
August 20, 2014, 11:00:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PS4/Vita/PC] SteamWorld Dig  (Read 431 times)
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2014, 05:12:38 PM »

This is getting released on PS4/Vita with crossbuy on the 18th. 

anyone played the PC version? 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 05:35:25 PM »

Nope, but I played it on 3DS.  Itís good if a bit short.  It looks like Terraria but it is closer to Metroid if you mined resources to get your upgrades.  There are also puzzle chambers to unlock additional special abilities.  My only complaint was that the whole thing can be finished in about 4 hours.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 05:59:35 PM »

any kind of replayability?  I'm more interested in this on the Vita but if there's not much to do after you beat it, I'll wait for a better sale.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 07:30:17 PM »

Not really.  Itís a linear story with a clear-cut ending.  I suppose you could try to get all of the upgrades but I had most of them within the 4 hour timeframe.  If you went for everything you MIGHT increase the length to 6 hours but I doubt you would want to do it more than once.

Still, unless they jacked the price up (I think it was $6 on 3DS), I do think the game is good enough and worth one play through.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 08:42:12 PM »

regular price is $10, PS+ will be 8.  too bad they didn't expand it out a bit for this release.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 03:47:53 PM »

well, I finished this up last night.  It's a fun diversion, but there really isn't much of a challenge if you take your time and explore.  It says I got about 8 hours out of it, getting all of the upgrades and mined materials.  Not sure I'll go through it again on PS4 but I may try a 'no death/2 hour run' to see if I can make it. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: