http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 10:34:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PS4] Killzone Shadow Fall  (Read 4410 times)
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: November 20, 2013, 08:48:20 PM »

I call this one, "Zip and Slide":
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=245394445626069&l=840661813507478234
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 21, 2013, 01:55:55 PM »

So the multi in this is pretty good.  The dynamics mission assignment in Classic Warzone is neat, it's cool the way a round transitions between One Flag, Team DM,  Domination, and Search and Destroy.   Classes all seem useful, and there seems to be a place for the various secondary abilities though some seem more useful than others.  Having a support with the ability to build spawn beacons helps a lot, so going all turrets is not the best option for instance.   Reminds me a bit of the F2P Ghost Recon game, the scout even has a similar radar skill.   I tend to take the Air Support drone over the turret on the out door maps, the fact that you throw it to place it like a grenade is super useful, especially when assaulting a bomb position or trying to take a contested domination zone, the downside is it only works outdoors.

Shame the Hark/Jarrod/Kato crew aren't playing this as I think they'd really like it. 
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 22, 2013, 05:00:05 AM »

Finished the single player and the reviews are mostly right about it if considering that alone.  It's just too inconsistent across the campaign.    Usually it falters when it tries to break up the formula.  There are moments where it's great, then there are moments where you just wonder what Guerrilla was thinking.  I do think most of the reviewers didn't give the multiplayer enough credit though, I think that is quite good from what I have seen so far.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2013, 06:19:49 AM »

The last couple of levels were pretty cool from an eye candy perspective. Showed what the developers could do with the new hardware.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2013, 11:42:21 AM »

Does anyone else think that:

Spoiler for last level

Spoiler for Hiden:
The cloak power from the last level should have been included throughout the entire game. It was easily the best power and you only get it at the very end. Lame.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 22, 2013, 12:00:16 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on November 21, 2013, 01:55:55 PM

So the multi in this is pretty good.  The dynamics mission assignment in Classic Warzone is neat, it's cool the way a round transitions between One Flag, Team DM,  Domination, and Search and Destroy.   Classes all seem useful, and there seems to be a place for the various secondary abilities though some seem more useful than others.  Having a support with the ability to build spawn beacons helps a lot, so going all turrets is not the best option for instance.   Reminds me a bit of the F2P Ghost Recon game, the scout even has a similar radar skill.   I tend to take the Air Support drone over the turret on the out door maps, the fact that you throw it to place it like a grenade is super useful, especially when assaulting a bomb position or trying to take a contested domination zone, the downside is it only works outdoors.

Shame the Hark/Jarrod/Kato crew aren't playing this as I think they'd really like it. 

The multiplayer modes in Killzone 3 were seriously underrated as well.  I'm not typically part of the multiplayer FPS scene, but like you, I really like how the game play transitions between different game types with each round.

-Autistic Angel
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: November 23, 2013, 03:13:35 AM »

So I'm starting to hit some of the problem areas reviews are pointing out. Clunky not shooter portions that don't make good use of the slightly more open, choose your own approach, style they had setup previously. Thankfully, it seems to be getting back to that just as I stopped to take a break.

It doesn't help that the story, story pacing, and acting just don't drive the story forward as well as it should. With what they set up, I should be getting pumped, and I should be caring about these people and I sometimes do, but it hasn't clicked together.

Other things, like the controls. I don't like the way they setup the sensitivity and acceleration on the sticks. I can tell the DS4 stick is plenty sensitive, way better than the DS3, but the way killzone handles it it goes from too slow to way too fast along a pretty narrow band as though they were mimicking a DS3's sticks! As such, I'm kind of missing the aim assists that other console FPSs have.

Lens flare and light shafts are going to be the crappy bloom on this new generation of games, I think. Tongue
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 23, 2013, 04:05:19 AM »

$49 for the next hour as an amazon lightning deal
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 23, 2013, 04:13:40 AM »

Complaint of the evening, people in multiplayer who are clearly playing a support and never revive....
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 24, 2013, 10:05:11 PM »

A "nuts and bolts" article from Digital Foundry about Shadowfall. They got to spend time at Guerrilla Games and talk to several of the devs about making it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-making-of-killzone-shadow-fall
paulstraytalker
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2013, 03:44:30 PM »

I think this game will be the game being played from the beginning of the PS4 to its end. I had so much fun playing multiplayer with KZ2 and 3.  Great times. For the most part good people to play with...

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 27, 2013, 06:22:11 PM »

Yeah so far my buddies and I are surprised how much we like this.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 03, 2013, 04:09:01 AM »

Check out this prognostic grenade of mine
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1400269353548277
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: December 04, 2013, 05:50:53 PM »

I can't figure out how ammo works in singleplayer. I'm some way into chapter 4 now without having seen a single ammo crate in this level, which means I have to make do with the ammo I started the map with while fighting hordes of enemies. Picking up weapons does nothing to my ammo. To make matters worse, it looks like both my weapons share ammo despite being dramatically different. Even the shotgun has the same ammo count as my main weapon, making it insanely more effective. What am I doing wrong? How do I get more ammo?
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2013, 06:19:17 PM »

Oooh, I get it now! There are separate ammo counters for each weapon. I can't recall seeing a game do that before.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2014, 02:03:34 AM »

Best Buy has this for $19.99.  I couldn't resist.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: