http://gamingtrend.com
August 30, 2014, 05:04:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ps4] inFAMOUS: Second Son  (Read 7975 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2014, 09:44:46 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on March 15, 2014, 05:07:01 PM

The gaming gods were kind today. Walked into Target and they had one PS4 in stock. Gave my wife the puppy dog eyes and she relented after I impressed on her the utter rarity of this event (not really because I've seen them all over the place around here, but she didn't know that).

The Target lady was all excited and there were employees gathered around like I had come in to purchase the Mona Lisa or something. The girl who sold it to me was obviously a gamer because she was geeking out hard. If my wife had not been there I'm pretty sure she would have proposed.

When I told her I didn't want a game she looked shell-shocked. Then I told her I was waiting on Infamous. Her whole face lit up and she gave me the "fellow gamer telepathic gaze of total understanding."

I have a date night tonight so probably won't get to hook it up, but I'm all set for next week!

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2014, 09:50:20 PM »

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2014, 09:51:21 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on March 15, 2014, 09:44:46 PM

Quote from: YellowKing on March 15, 2014, 05:07:01 PM

The gaming gods were kind today. Walked into Target and they had one PS4 in stock. Gave my wife the puppy dog eyes and she relented after I impressed on her the utter rarity of this event (not really because I've seen them all over the place around here, but she didn't know that).

The Target lady was all excited and there were employees gathered around like I had come in to purchase the Mona Lisa or something. The girl who sold it to me was obviously a gamer because she was geeking out hard. If my wife had not been there I'm pretty sure she would have proposed.

When I told her I didn't want a game she looked shell-shocked. Then I told her I was waiting on Infamous. Her whole face lit up and she gave me the "fellow gamer telepathic gaze of total understanding."

I have a date night tonight so probably won't get to hook it up, but I'm all set for next week!

Seconded! PS+ is a must. It's value is incredible.

forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 15, 2014, 10:03:13 PM »

Ok last one from me...maybe
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 16, 2014, 01:35:59 AM »

The lighting on this game is incredible!

Also, can't wait to fire this up on my Vita!  drool

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 16, 2014, 01:38:38 AM »

Your Vita skin would totally distract me from the game.  Tongue
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2014, 01:52:41 AM »

I posted my quick impressions of the new PS4 up in the PS4 thread vs derailing this one any further.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2014, 01:54:43 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on March 16, 2014, 01:38:38 AM

It's not my Vita! I wish it was though, since that would mean I had the game already.   Tongue

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2014, 02:05:44 AM »

Quote from: Hetz on March 16, 2014, 01:54:43 AM

It's not my Vita! I wish it was though, since that would mean I had the game already.   Tongue

DUH.   Sorry.  I'm about 5 beers in.   slywink
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2014, 08:07:38 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on March 16, 2014, 02:05:44 AM

Lightweight. Tongue

Btw, my buddy in Colorado got this delivered today to his house from eBay for 55 shipped. Wtf is that about? I saw him playing it all night long . Why would the seller sell it under market value and pay for shipping? Like I said, wtf?
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2014, 11:21:16 AM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on March 16, 2014, 08:07:38 AM

Lightweight. Tongue

Btw, my buddy in Colorado got this delivered today to his house from eBay for 55 shipped. Wtf is that about? I saw him playing it all night long . Why would the seller sell it under market value and pay for shipping? Like I said, wtf?

Lucky guy! Yeah, lots of people have the game early it seems from a certain seller on eBay. Though, when I saw the listing he was selling it for $10 over retail price. There are already two people on my friends list playing it.

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2014, 05:12:16 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on March 16, 2014, 11:21:16 AM

Quote from: Harpua3 on March 16, 2014, 08:07:38 AM

Lightweight. Tongue

Lucky guy! Yeah, lots of people have the game early it seems from a certain seller on eBay. Though, when I saw the listing he was selling it for $10 over retail price. There are already two people on my friends list playing it.

Bastards!!! My wife says to just be patient. Jerk. icon_wink
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2014, 05:16:55 PM »

Honestly, the company needs to lift the release date at this point. This scenario is exactly why release dates were enacted in the first place. Since the date has clearly been broken in a widespread way, they need to just come off of it.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2014, 05:25:56 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on March 16, 2014, 05:16:55 PM

Honestly, the company needs to lift the release date at this point. This scenario is exactly why release dates were enacted in the first place. Since the date has clearly been broken in a widespread way, they need to just come off of it.
I would love it if they lifted this on digital.  come on Sony, make it happen

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2014, 05:28:28 PM »

Give me my copy Sony!!!

« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 05:40:03 PM by Hetz » Logged

Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2014, 05:34:16 PM »

Aside from the character models , it looks in the neighborhood of Sleeping Dogs PC to me. I don't think Sleeping Dogs used mocap.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 05:38:37 PM by Ridah » Logged

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2014, 07:51:56 PM »

Which means that my $400 machine runs a game that looks better than your $700-$1500 machine.

Which isn't to put down sleeping dogs, but there's also a lot of subtle differences as well.

The incidental objects in the next gen games are more varied and common. There's more building styles and textures for them. Infamous also has a bigger vertical aspect.

There's less real-time reflections going on the past gen game as well.

In the end, if you're making an open world game set in a city, eventually you're going to get a lot of parallels since there's only so many extra effects you can throw in.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 08:10:06 PM by Turtle » Logged
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2014, 02:42:02 PM »

For anyone else going digital like me, I found this on gamespot about game size:

Infamous: Second Son will require a 24GB install. Fans concerned about the size of the download will be happy to know that the PS4 sports the Playgo feature, allowing gamers to start playing before downloads are complete.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2014, 02:44:32 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on March 17, 2014, 02:42:02 PM

For anyone else going digital like me, I found this on gamespot about game size:

Infamous: Second Son will require a 24GB install. Fans concerned about the size of the download will be happy to know that the PS4 sports the Playgo feature, allowing gamers to start playing before downloads are complete.

The real question is when can we start downloading it?
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2014, 06:14:47 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on March 16, 2014, 07:51:56 PM

Which means that my $400 machine runs a game that looks better than your $700-$1500 machine.

Which isn't to put down sleeping dogs, but there's also a lot of subtle differences as well.

The incidental objects in the next gen games are more varied and common. There's more building styles and textures for them. Infamous also has a bigger vertical aspect.

In the end, if you're making an open world game set in a city, eventually you're going to get a lot of parallels since there's only so many extra effects you can throw in.

Keep in mind that Sleeping Dogs came out almost two years ago. I'm not that impressed with Second Son's graphics from a raw technical perspective, which is fine because I don't go to consoles (PS4 and XBO included) for high-end graphics, but I am hoping for advances in other areas such as animation, AI, gameplay, etc. If all it ends up being is a better looking version of the previous games, I don't think it deserves being labeled a definitive next-gen experience. We should hold our standards higher than that.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2014, 06:24:50 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on March 17, 2014, 06:14:47 PM

Keep in mind that Sleeping Dogs came out almost two years ago. I'm not that impressed with Second Son's graphics from a raw technical perspective, which is fine because I don't go to consoles (PS4 and XBO included) for high-end graphics, but I am hoping for advances in other areas such as animation, AI, gameplay, etc. If all it ends up being is a better looking version of the previous games, I don't think it deserves being labeled a definitive next-gen experience. We should hold our standards higher than that.

What game would you say is your current standard bearer for next gen then?
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2014, 06:34:48 PM »

Quote from: gellar on March 17, 2014, 06:24:50 PM

Infamous Fourth Son 7, due out in 2025 exclusive to PS4 with the attached holodrive peripheral.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2014, 07:08:12 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on March 17, 2014, 06:34:48 PM

Quote from: gellar on March 17, 2014, 06:24:50 PM

Infamous Fourth Son 7, due out in 2025 exclusive to PS4 with the attached holodrive peripheral.

Haha, +1

FWIW this game looks more "next gen" than anything I've seen thus far, with NBA 2k4 being a close second.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 18, 2014, 04:02:10 AM »

This blows. Isn't the reason for release dates is so everyone gets it all at once ? I have numerous friends on my list playing it now . Even some of you jerks. icon_wink
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2014, 04:03:39 AM »

Heh, looks like some of you found the ebay sellers, many of which were selling it at near retail.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2014, 04:35:18 AM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on March 18, 2014, 04:02:10 AM

This blows. Isn't the reason for release dates is so everyone gets it all at once ? I have numerous friends on my list playing it now . Even some of you jerks. icon_wink

Yep, same here. Grrrr.....

disgust

Oh well, I just beat inFamous 2 again (as a good guy) so I am all set for Friday! smile

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2014, 06:54:32 AM »

Quote from: Turtle on March 18, 2014, 04:03:39 AM

Heh, looks like some of you found the ebay sellers, many of which were selling it at near retail.

Or as in my buddies case , 55 shipped. Which makes no sense. Realistically, I can wait 3 more days. I just don't want to. Tongue
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 18, 2014, 12:02:25 PM »

it's to protect the retailers not the consumer.  It's to ensure one doesn't have an unfair advantage over another.  You do usually see them allow them to start selling a game if one of them breaks the date,  but I guess the eBay thing isn't big enough.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 18, 2014, 01:50:19 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on March 18, 2014, 12:02:25 PM

it's to protect the retailers not the consumer.  It's to ensure one doesn't have an unfair advantage over another.  You do usually see them allow them to start selling a game if one of them breaks the date,  but I guess the eBay thing isn't big enough.

That's right.  If brick and mortar stores start selling it, they might open it up, but event then it's unlikely digital will go early.  Sony still can't afford to piss off the retail markets.

At some point, however, this might change.  I could even see a day where either of these companies start a "get it first digitally" campaign.  With the time it takes to press discs, assemble the disc cases, bundle everything and ship them, digital could have games available weeks earlier.  When the companies are ready to move away from retail, they have this in their pocket.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2014, 01:57:42 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on March 18, 2014, 01:50:19 PM

That's right.  If brick and mortar stores start selling it, they might open it up, but event then it's unlikely digital will go early.  Sony still can't afford to piss off the retail markets.

At some point, however, this might change.  I could even see a day where either of these companies start a "get it first digitally" campaign.  With the time it takes to press discs, assemble the disc cases, bundle everything and ship them, digital could have games available weeks earlier.  When the companies are ready to move away from retail, they have this in their pocket.

Movies are already available digitally two weeks early in most cases now.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: March 18, 2014, 02:50:07 PM »

Screw that crap. Just sell it when it shows up. Still, I'd love to know how/why eBay got it before anyone else did.

Also, WTF is with the Friday release of this game? NOBODY releases on anything other than a Tuesday in the US (unless you're Nintendo). Who thought this was a good idea?

And don't give me that 'off on a weekend to play' stuff either as my days off are during the week. Tongue

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 18, 2014, 03:30:49 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on March 18, 2014, 02:50:07 PM

Screw that crap. Just sell it when it shows up. Still, I'd love to know how/why eBay got it before anyone else did.

Also, WTF is with the Friday release of this game? NOBODY releases on anything other than a Tuesday in the US (unless you're Nintendo). Who thought this was a good idea?

And don't give me that 'off on a weekend to play' stuff either as my days off are during the week. Tongue

Everyone has already given you that since you're late to the Friday discussion.  I also get my playtime in during the week, so i don't love it either, though.

As for releasing digitally early, if it were going to happen at all, tonight is the night, since that's when PSN updates.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 18, 2014, 03:50:16 PM »

Wonder when the first reviews will drop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: March 18, 2014, 03:57:18 PM »

The embargo supposedly lifts on Thursday, so you'll have to wait until then.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 18, 2014, 07:20:31 PM »

Early reports are that the game should take 10-12 hours per playthrough (assuming you want to play through once as good and once as evil). Full platinum ~30 hours.

I wish it was a little longer but I think it will still be worth the money seeing as it's the only thing I have to play on the PS4. smile

Dead Nation is fun in short bursts but honestly I'm a full AAA game kind of guy. These little indies just don't do anything for me.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 07:22:06 PM by YellowKing » Logged
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 18, 2014, 08:31:03 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on March 18, 2014, 07:20:31 PM

Early reports are that the game should take 10-12 hours per playthrough (assuming you want to play through once as good and once as evil). Full platinum ~30 hours.

I wish it was a little longer but I think it will still be worth the money seeing as it's the only thing I have to play on the PS4. smile

Dead Nation is fun in short bursts but honestly I'm a full AAA game kind of guy. These little indies just don't do anything for me.

I enjoy Dead Nation. You are right, it is fun in short bursts. I am a full AAA kind of guy as well, but then I got all the multiplat stuff on the PS4....so I still have lots to play. I also love how lots of the indie stuff has been free for PS+. Don't starve, Outlast and Dead Nation are all great free games. smile

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 18, 2014, 10:17:49 PM »

Ten hours to play through the game twice? That is short. I'm starting with the first two so I hope they're both as short so that I can get though them.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 18, 2014, 10:32:16 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on March 18, 2014, 10:17:49 PM

Ten hours to play through the game twice? That is short. I'm starting with the first two so I hope they're both as short so that I can get though them.

When YellowKing says the game is 10-12 hours per playthrough, I believe he means it takes that long to play through once on the Good path, followed by another 10-12 hours to complete the Evil path.  That sounds about on par with how long an average person would take to complete each of the two previous games.

I suspect it'll be more like 15-hours per playthrough for me.  I invariably spend a chunk of time exploring, seeking out collectables, and fighting random groups of enemies that won't advance any of the missions.

-Autistic Angel
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 19, 2014, 12:17:25 AM »

Yes, sorry about the confusion. 10-12 hours per morality path. I tend to take a little longer than average to beat most games as well, since I like to explore and hunt down collectibles, side missions, etc.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 19, 2014, 12:17:49 AM »

I agree if it can be beaten in 10 hours it will no doubt take me at least 15 because I will search the entire city for every single collectible. If the shards are back in this one then I will have them all.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: