http://gamingtrend.com
April 23, 2014, 01:37:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PS4] Help me pick my games  (Read 151 times)
JayDee
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2013, 02:41:22 PM »

So I have a shiny new PS4 wrapped and waiting for me under the Christmas tree. The dilemma is that I now need to get some games for it. I am putting together a PS4 game wish list that will be filled either through presents or gift cards. It looks like I'll be able to get myself three games. The question is, which ones?

Right now I'm leaning towards
1) FIFA 14 - I love FIFA games so this is a no-brainer
2) AssCreed IV - Looks really good from what I've seen on the PS4 and I really enjoy this series
3) Killzone - Getting average reviews but it seems like a good game to show off the graphics and it's a different genre than my first two

However, there is a strong contender for #4
4) NBA 2K14

I love My Career modes in sports games and NBA 2K14 seems to have a great one. The graphics look almost photo-realistic. This games seems like a ton of fun. But I'm already getting FIFA which is a sports game. So this is where you, GT, get to help me. If you could pick any three PS4 games to get with your launch system, what would they be, in order of preference? While my #1 and #2 positions are pretty much locked up, #3 is definitely up for grabs.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 02:47:23 PM »

AC4 is stunning on the PS4.  If you like this series then get this for sure.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 02:47:23 PM »

Having watched a lot of "Let's Play" videos from Eurogamer on Youtube I feel comfortable saying get it.  It seems great.

JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 02:54:59 PM »

Quote from: farley2k on December 02, 2013, 02:47:23 PM

Having watched a lot of "Let's Play" videos from Eurogamer on Youtube I feel comfortable saying get it.  It seems great.

Which game? AC4?
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 03:07:43 PM »

Sorry, yes AC4. 

Here is the link to the first one.  There are around 5 or 6 and they are about a hour each.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 03:36:34 PM »

I went:

Fifa
ACIV
and
Killzone

and I don't regret it at all. The surprise for me is ACIV, I am so into this game, it's absolutely huge (think Skyrim huge) and I am on a personal quest to complete every single corner of the game.

Fifa is great too, I started my own pro and I play the games as him only, makes it much more enjoyable for me, no having to worry about every single player on the field. I play my position and that's it.

Killzone is great for two things 1. The graphics (easily the best looking launch game). 2. The multiplayer.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 03:43:16 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on December 02, 2013, 03:36:34 PM

I went:

Fifa
ACIV
and
Killzone

and I don't regret it at all. The surprise for me is ACIV, I am so into this game, it's absolutely huge (think Skyrim huge) and I am on a personal quest to complete every single corner of the game.

Fifa is great too, I started my own pro and I play the games as him only, makes it much more enjoyable for me, no having to worry about every single player on the field. I play my position and that's it.

Killzone is great for two things 1. The graphics (easily the best looking launch game). 2. The multiplayer.

thumbsup
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 04:02:54 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on December 02, 2013, 03:36:34 PM

it's a great game that I would highly recommend, but I don't think I'd say it is Skyrim huge.  I'm 30 hours in and other than some random chests/Animus doohickeys/bottles I don't have anything to do other than story missions- no assassinations, no naval contracts, all the Templar deals have been done.  I think I did 3 full sequences before anything new opened up, and even those segments are fairly quick.  Heck, probably an hour of that time is stopping at a small island, swimming to it, getting the items off of it, and then swimming back, over and over.

In comparison, I have 195 hours into Skyrim  from 2 playthroughs and there is still stuff to do that I haven't seen in either my 80 hour first run or my 115 hour second run.  You could argue that fast travel has cut down on play time for me in AC4, but I also used it just as much in Skyrim.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 05:39:06 PM »

got AC4, BF4, KZ4 and NFS Rivals.  also have lego marvel and skylanders for the kids, but won't open them until xmas.  all of the games I have played are gorgeous

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: