http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 08:02:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PS3/Vita/PC] Knytt Underground  (Read 159 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2013, 12:53:37 AM »

I've been playing Knytt Underground free via PS+ and found there was no mention of it on GT. I'd highly recommend it if you like games where you explore. It's a hard game to categorize - it's a puzzle platformer with a strong emphasis on non-linear exploration. There are no offensive abilities, just obstacles to get around and a huge map to uncover. I'm playing on Vita and it works really well on that platform. The character graphics are simple, but there are lots of beautiful backgrounds that give the game a lot of atmosphere. There is also a lot of quirky dialogue and some odd lore about humans dying out and leaving the planet to faeries and other creatures underground.

If you do play it, note that chapters 1 and 2 are basically tutorial levels and are very short. The actual bulk of the game is chapter 3. Give it a shot if it sounds interesting - hey, it may be free.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
TiLT
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 04:19:05 AM »

I've played it for quite a bit too. I'd say the game is kind of Metroidvania in style, except with no combat and more focus on exploration.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: