http://gamingtrend.com
April 24, 2014, 09:01:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PS3/Vita]Final Fantasy X HD/FFX-2 HD  (Read 1164 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2013, 04:16:38 PM »

I don't think we had a separate thread,i think we put this news when it was announced in the HD thread that was happening awhile ago,well i thought what the heck

Final Fantasy X HD which is to be released later this year for PS3,will include Final Fantasy X-2 HD as well...okay,maybe you didn't like X-2,but can't hurt having along for the ride(i only played a few minuets due to me wanting to finish the first game first,i never did)

However,on PS Vita,Final Fantasy X-2 HD will be sold separately
Eurogamer

The HD remake of Final Fantasy 10 will come with an HD version of its sequel, Final Fantasy 10-2, on the same disc.

At least, that's how it will be released on PlayStation 3.

The two games will be released separately for the game's PlayStation Vita version, Gematsu reported.

Square Enix has yet to announce the details. The news surfaced online earlier this week and has since been confirmed by Japanese magazine Shonen Jump.

Square Enix UK told Eurogamer it did not comment on rumour and speculation.

There's still no release date for the re-makes. They've been a long time coming - Final Fantasy 10 first launched for PlayStation 2 back in 2001. Ten years later and Square Enix announced its HD remake at Tokyo Games Show 2011.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 10:32:44 PM »

It makes sense, since much of FFX-2 consists of the same locations and characters as FFX.  It's also a really good game, with perhaps the best battle system in the series' history.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 11:47:58 PM »

Never played either so I'll be in
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 09:28:45 AM »

Quote from: Azhag on March 19, 2013, 11:47:58 PM

Never played either so I'll be in

Me neither, I'm in as well.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 01:03:07 PM »

I hope they do XII as well.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 02:44:22 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on March 19, 2013, 10:32:44 PM

It's also a really good game, with perhaps the best battle system in the series' history.

If you can stomach a combat system that completely revolves around changing the dresses of your female characters, sure. Tongue 

I hated FF X-2 for lots of reasons, but will admit that - dress silliness aside - the combat was fairly solid.  Personally, I think FFXIII did a similar system much better, but that's just my personal opinion.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 02:48:26 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on March 20, 2013, 02:44:22 PM

If you can stomach a combat system that completely revolves around changing the dresses of your female characters, sure. Tongue 

so that's why I keep hearing it referred to as 'pretty princess dress-up'  icon_lol

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 02:49:49 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 20, 2013, 02:48:26 PM

Quote from: Gratch on March 20, 2013, 02:44:22 PM

so that's why I keep hearing it referred to as 'pretty princess dress-up'  icon_lol

Yep.  Add in a hefty dose of Britney Spears-ish J-Pop, and you have a fairly accurate summary of FF X-2.  Just one of the reasons I couldn't stomach it.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 10:08:49 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on March 20, 2013, 02:49:49 PM

Yep.  Add in a hefty dose of Britney Spears-ish J-Pop, and you have a fairly accurate summary of FF X-2.  Just one of the reasons I couldn't stomach it.

Of the first hour, maybe, but not of the whole game.  Way too much was made of the sillier aspects, when they actually represent a fairly small part of the whole game.  The whole "dress up" thing is just a version of the job change system seen in lots of RPGs.  The game is silly and goofy at times, but it's nowhere near what people make it out to be.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 11:53:31 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on March 20, 2013, 01:03:07 PM

yup,2007 international version as well with the added stuff would be nice having only played the original version

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 12:09:53 PM »

You know, I might actually be able to get past the slow start of 12 by playing it on the go.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 12:49:35 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 21, 2013, 11:53:31 AM

yup,2007 international version as well with the added stuff would be nice having only played the original version

Hear, hear. I'd love to play through XII again.  Tried to run it through an emulator a while back (still had the discs, but had sold my PS2) but never could get it working right.  An HD version would be brilliant.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 09:57:41 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on March 21, 2013, 12:49:35 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 21, 2013, 11:53:31 AM

Hear, hear. I'd love to play through XII again.  Tried to run it through an emulator a while back (still had the discs, but had sold my PS2) but never could get it working right.  An HD version would be brilliant.

I played it through last year,it still plays great,and the fighting system is the best and easiest of all the FF games IMO(the reason why i overlevel and it takes me two hits to kill the end bad guy every time i play the game).....However,i heard about an International Version of the game approx 2 days before posting the above

Quote from: Turtle on March 21, 2013, 12:09:53 PM

You know, I might actually be able to get past the slow start of 12 by playing it on the go.

I am just trying to remember the start of the game,I guess it could be considered slow for some,but for me it meant getting to know and explore the town which felt much bigger than the usual towns of FF games...but admittedly,things don't start going until after the attack on the palace(after you have to sneak in there),which can be a few hours in if you are like me and have to explore or do hunts etc

The story is still very so-so though,for once i think the gameplay outweighs the story unlike past FF games(well,not 10,thats too religious for my liking),and Vaan and Penelo are not very exciting,and although Baltier says he is the leading man,my favourite is Basche

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 09:34:16 PM »

Square Enix has confirmed that the games will be released in the US and Europe this year.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2013, 12:23:40 PM »

Hmm,its the international version,.....as said a few days ago,i've only just  found out there was an international version of Final Fantasy 12,when i clicked that link you just posted Eddie,I found out there was a international version of Final Fantasy 10,Final Fantasy 10-2 will also be the international version

oh,and there is a trailer incoming on Monday

I looked it up what was added to the international versions(the bolded part means i already have the international version my copy was released in May 2002)
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X
The International Version was released on January 31, 2002, in Japan, and later in Europe (the European release was simply titled "Final Fantasy X"). This updated version of the game has different box art for Japan, and new features, such as an Expert Sphere Grid, which allows for accessing abilities more easily, but less overall stat-growth. New abilities were added to both Standard and Expert Grids.
The Dark Aeons and Penance, all powerful superbosses, were added, as well as many minor changes to dialogue, scenes, the Celestial Weapons' key items (Japan only), characters and armor & weapon customizations, such as Ribbon. The release also includes a bonus disc with behind the scenes making-of features of Final Fantasy X, and a special movie prologue to Final Fantasy X-2.

The European release has the the Dark Aeons and Penance, as well as the new equipment abilities, but didn't change the name of the Celestial Sigils and Crests. As with previous PAL conversions of Final Fantasy installments, the game has noticeable black borders and a slower running-speed as a result of poor PAL conversion. The black label version includes a bonus DVD with the title Beyond Final Fantasy, which includes various interviews with the game developers, as well as two of the English voice actors. Additionally, it also includes trailers of various Square games, an art gallery, short biographies on Nobuo Uematsu and RIKKI, as well as a music video of RIKKI performing the song "Suteki Da Ne".
Some versions of Final Fantasy X: International have a glitch, whereby if the player goes to the area where they fight Dark Ifrit it is possible to slip past the men blocking the way to Home, and thus, be able to return to the story at the events in Home with Yuna in the party. This glitch can be repeated after the first time it is used.

This is what i could find for Final Fantasy X-2 International Version
As with Final Fantasy X, an expanded international version was produced for Final Fantasy X-2. This version of the game, titled Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission, introduces two new dresspheres, an additional "Last Mission" at a location called "Yadonoki Tower," and the option to capture numerous monsters and characters including Tidus, Auron and Seymour from Final Fantasy X—as well as several supporting characters from both games—during battle.[29] This version was never released outside of Japan, although the English voices were used for the main story in the International version (not in the Last Mission). Due to this change, parts of the Japanese subtitles were changed or altered to fit the voice-overs.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2013, 04:34:53 PM »

some new screenshots for X-2 are floating around:

Because I can,
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2013, 04:52:28 PM »

I like that that girl is equally ready to fight a monster or spend a day at the beach.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2013, 06:53:28 PM »

I was reading about this this morning on Kotaku that Square Enix are undecided to include 'Last Mission' which was on the International Version,which this HD version is supposed to be based off

And what's inside Final Fantasy X-2 HD? According to Famitsu (via Yahoo! News), it's currently "undecided" whether or not "Last Mission", which featured in the game's international version, will appear in the HD remaster.

As the Final Fantasy X-2 wikia explains, the Japan-only Last Mission version has added content set three months after Vegnagun's defeat and lets players explore Yadonoki Tower, a dungeon that's only available in Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission.

If Square Enix is going to remaster FFX-2, why not add Last Mission, too?

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2013, 07:48:23 PM »

Kotaku

Report: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Will Come With A Brand New Ending Scene

Did you ever think to yourself, "Hey, Final Fantasy X and X-2 are good and all, but what they really need is another 30-minute cut-scene during the credits?" You're in luck!

According to the Japanese publication Shounen Jump (as translated by Siliconera), the upcoming HD remakes of FFX and FFX-2 (to be released on PS3 and Vita this fall) will come with a 30-minute cut-scene that plays over the compilation's credits—presumably at the end of FFX-2.

I have never finished FFX,I aim to do so when this game is released

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2013, 07:52:24 PM »

interesting.  so have a nice block of time open when you finish the games.

Because I can,
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2013, 08:26:21 PM »

Eddie will be pleased to know that I am making the commitment to give FF X-2 another look when the HD release hits.  I'm hoping that time will have dulled the negative initial reaction I had, and that I can appreciate the solid combat system.

We shall see.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2013, 11:25:49 AM »

rumor of delay.

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2013, 09:23:52 AM »

There's finally a release date for the PS3 version - March 18, 2014.  There's so mention of the Vita version's release date.  I was hoping they'd go for a December 26 release, as it's the 12-year anniversary of Final Fantasy X's original release date.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2013, 09:37:59 AM »

I have a feeling that the new ending scene of FFX-2 is going to pave the way for a FFX-3. Which normally I'd be fine with, but I hated the fanservice nature of FFX-2 even if the combat seemed okay.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2013, 07:28:22 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on November 18, 2013, 09:23:52 AM

There's finally a release date for the PS3 version - March 18, 2014.  There's so mention of the Vita version's release date.  I was hoping they'd go for a December 26 release, as it's the 12-year anniversary of Final Fantasy X's original release date.

I am probably out now then,was hoping it would be this year,but not waiting until then to give my least favourite FF game another shot(got 3 quarters the way through it anyway on first release)

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 07:34:43 PM »

damn, c'mon Vita release date!

Because I can,
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2013, 11:10:06 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 18, 2013, 07:34:43 PM

For real, that's how I plan on playing this. Please let the Vita release be simultaneous.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2013, 05:10:20 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on November 18, 2013, 11:10:06 PM

For real, that's how I plan on playing this. Please let the Vita release be simultaneous.

woohoo!

Cross save, but no cross buy.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2013, 07:51:35 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 16, 2013, 05:10:20 PM

Quote from: Scraper on November 18, 2013, 11:10:06 PM

woohoo!

Cross save, but no cross buy.

I always feel like the dev is trolling us with cross-save only.  imo, if I see that but not cross-buy, I've already decided to only go with one platform, which at this point, is the Vita. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2013, 11:03:04 AM »

I don't really understand what they're doing with the Vita release.  They said all along that X and X-2 would be separate games, and although they technically are, you can't buy them individually.  Also, the physical version has a cartridge (or whatever the little Vita things are called slywink) for X and a digital download code for X-2, which makes even less sense.  You'll also need lots of memory card space, as each game is ~3.5 GB.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2014, 10:10:45 PM »

Here's a new trailer showing off the features of the HD remakes.

ericb

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2014, 01:33:05 AM »

Too bad the 64GB card is still $125+ in the US.  I'll be grabbing it for the Vita since my PS3 is no longer dependable.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2014, 11:42:20 AM »

I really hope the Vita version is up to snuff.  Most of the PS2 HD ports have been solid, but the Jak & Daxter Collection is an example of one that reviewed really poorly compared to the PS3 version.

-Autistic Angel
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2014, 02:45:39 PM »

FF X/X-2 releases today, and the reviews so far have been very positive.  Happy to see they didn't just do a slapdash job of porting it over, as has been the case for some of their other re-releases (I'm looking at you, FF VIII on PC).

I think I'm going to bump this one up the priority list and jump in once I finish Thief.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2014, 09:36:15 PM »

I haven't started the games up yet, but the special edition packaging is very nice.  It comes with a hardbound book with 24 pages of art and the disc in a plastic case attached to the last page, and the art and packaging are beautiful.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2014, 01:21:53 AM »

Put in about 45 minutes this afternoon.  The HD graphics are absolutely gorgeous, although the characters still have that telltale stiff and awkward movement that comes with PS2 games.  The jury is still out on the revamped music.  It's a bit jarring at first, but the FFX soundtrack was never one of my favorites (outside of a few tracks), so it's not that big of a deal.

Maybe it's just because I've played it at least half a dozen times, but man, the whole intro sequence is pretty dull.

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2014, 10:23:57 AM »

Are you playing with the unlocked sphere grids so you can experiment more with your character builds, or do you fall into the camp of people who believe that just removes the safeguards preventing you from hobbling your party?

-Autistic Angel
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2014, 12:01:47 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on March 19, 2014, 10:23:57 AM

Are you playing with the unlocked sphere grids so you can experiment more with your character builds, or do you fall into the camp of people who believe that just removes the safeguards preventing you from hobbling your party?

-Autistic Angel

I went with the standard grid.  Partly because I didn't want to accidentally gimp my characters, and partly because the unique roles each character plays is a big part of the story.  Messing with that and making Yuna a melee fighter or Kimahri a healer would just mess with the core of the game, IMHO.

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2014, 01:23:18 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on March 19, 2014, 12:01:47 PM

-Autistic Angel

I went with the standard grid.  Partly because I didn't want to accidentally gimp my characters, and partly because the unique roles each character plays is a big part of the story.  Messing with that and making Yuna a melee fighter or Kimahri a healer would just mess with the core of the game, IMHO.

This is exactly why I went with Standard.  I think I had started to play this on PS2 but got rid of my PS2 and didn't play very much of it back at the time.  However, I have no memory of the beginning of this game...for some reason I remember it starting on a beach or something and it starts in a city.  At any rate, anxious to play both of these HD remakes to play these two games I never played.  So far, they look good on Vita.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2014, 01:30:23 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on March 19, 2014, 01:23:18 PM

Quote from: Gratch on March 19, 2014, 12:01:47 PM

-Autistic Angel

This is exactly why I went with Standard.  I think I had started to play this on PS2 but got rid of my PS2 and didn't play very much of it back at the time.  However, I have no memory of the beginning of this game...for some reason I remember it starting on a beach or something and it starts in a city.  At any rate, anxious to play both of these HD remakes to play these two games I never played.  So far, they look good on Vita.

I'm in the same boat. I started X on the PS2 back in the day but never got past the two hour mark, even though this type of Final Fantasy is my favorite. It seems like a mix between the PS1 era and XII and XIII. So I picked it up on the Vita, this time I vow to finish it. X-2 I'm not so sure about, but I will definitely finish X.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: