http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 04:26:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PS3]Uncharted:Drakes Fortune  (Read 28345 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: November 20, 2007, 04:08:29 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on November 20, 2007, 05:07:57 AM

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on November 20, 2007, 03:59:50 AM

Great review!  But I think ridiculous is spelled with an "i" not an "e".  In Canada anyways smile

Oops!  All fixey.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 20, 2007, 04:13:14 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on November 20, 2007, 04:08:19 PM

I dunno.  I spent my time honing my ability to shoot people directly in the head regardless of weapon.  Closing to melee range usually just got me shotgun blast holes for my efforts.

I'm sure you're snowed under with other games right now but if you get the chance, give it a try.  I think you'll be shocked how useful it is.  Especially the steel fist combo.  And shotgun guys are some of my favorite melee targets (I like to brutal combo them so I can get double the ammo for the shotguns).

If you rush in a large group, yeah, you're toast.  But what often happens is you've got a rush of attackers coming from one or two directions but maybe an odd guy or two flanking from somewhere else.  Rush the guys flanking you- you shouldn't take much damage running full tilt, melee them the quickest way possible, then jump into cover.  Now, your flank is covered and you also probably put a fair amount of distance between you and the majority of the attackers in the process. 

Melee also works great in chokepoints- hang out against the wall and wait for someone to run through them grab 'em. 
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 20, 2007, 11:43:59 PM »

I agree with Kevin.  The last enemy of a section was almost always getting punched in the face by me, cause that's how I liked ending fights.  I also would fight h2h if the enemy was super close... I really loved it.

Also, for those who like the sound track A LOT:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/naughty-dog/uncharted-finds-fortune-on-itunes-324996.php

gellar
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 22, 2007, 12:17:39 AM »

just reached chapter 13 (on normal)...

the good news: this's as tight/well-built a game as you'd ever wanna play - just about everything works exactly as it's supposed to. the level design's very nice, very organic...

the bad news: the story's pretty much the reason i'm continuing to play. mostly because of all the gun play (& there is a shitload - i couldn't believe i got a reward for 50 kills halfway thru chapter 3), but also because i'm still not buying nate - he's likable enough, but constantly hearing all the cannon-fodder, moments before he blows their brains out, calling this 'average guy' out by name, like he's notorious or something, just feels kinda lame to me. i guess, basically, the game feels like a big-budget b-movie to me, as much as anything...

having said this, yeah, i am enjoying the whole thing, in a very weird way (& doing surprisingly well smile ). it's a shooter even a non-shooter (like me) can have fun with, which i consider high praise...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 22, 2007, 12:35:11 AM »

i'm on chapter 16 and really loving it.   granted i'm no fps pro, but man is some of the areas tough.   i've gotten overwhelmed numerous times and had to restart numerous times.

regardless, really great game and i can fully recommend it to anyone.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 22, 2007, 12:44:31 AM »

Quote from: semiconscious on November 22, 2007, 12:17:39 AM

the bad news: the story's pretty much the reason i'm continuing to play. mostly because of all the gun play (& there is a shitload - i couldn't believe i got a reward for 50 kills halfway thru chapter 3), but also because i'm still not buying nate - he's likable enough, but constantly hearing all the cannon-fodder, moments before he blows their brains out, calling this 'average guy' out by name, like he's notorious or something, just feels kinda lame to me. i guess, basically, the game feels like a big-budget b-movie to me, as much as anything...

Well, Raiders of the Lost Ark was technically a big budget b-movie so I think the comparison for Uncharted is absolutely appropriate....

I think the idea of Nate as an everyman or average guy isn't quite correct.  He's definitely an accessible, likable guy but it's made clear from the beginning that this isn't some n00b- he's been around the block quite a bit before the game starts, obviously can handle himself well, and has a history with some of the bad guys. 
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 22, 2007, 02:04:20 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 22, 2007, 12:44:31 AM

Quote from: semiconscious on November 22, 2007, 12:17:39 AM

Well, Raiders of the Lost Ark was technically a big budget b-movie so I think the comparison for Uncharted is absolutely appropriate....

I think the idea of Nate as an everyman or average guy isn't quite correct.  He's definitely an accessible, likable guy but it's made clear from the beginning that this isn't some n00b- he's been around the block quite a bit before the game starts, obviously can handle himself well, and has a history with some of the bad guys. 

yeah, i've picked up on all that (tho even the back of the game package says 'one ordinary man... one extraordinary adventure.'). i guess i just find indy a bit more... 'lovable'(?), & lara more original/distinctive. which, again, is no big deal: following in the footsteps of 2 icons ain't easy, & i'm definitely enjoying the ride (tho that jet-ski sequence went on a bit longer that i thought it needed to smile )...

you know, it just occurred to me: what nate needs is 1 or 2 idiosyncrasies: like if he wore glasses... or was left-handed... or sang off-key... or chewed bubblegum... anything that'd make him something more than just another cool white guy (& that basically is what he is to me), & actually memorable as a unique character... time to give naughty dog a call, i'm thinking...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: November 22, 2007, 07:11:38 AM »

He complains a lot, has a smart mouth, and he hangs out with a lot of people that get him in trouble, specifically Sully.

Frankly, all Indiana Jones was is an archaeologist who hated snakes.

Just think of it this way, he's much better than all the muscle bound gruff soldiers with a past we've had to stomach as lead characters lately.

No doubt we'll get to see more of his quirks
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 22, 2007, 07:32:30 AM »

Quote from: Turtle on November 22, 2007, 07:11:38 AM

Just think of it this way, he's much better than all the muscle bound gruff soldiers with a past we've had to stomach as lead characters lately.

That's the thing for me- sad as it is, just being a good natured, likable character is original and distinctive in the video game world these days. 
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 22, 2007, 04:23:55 PM »

Frankly, all Indiana Jones was is an archaeologist who hated snakes.

i think you need to watch 'raiders' again smile ...

true - & part of the reason i don't play those games...

Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: November 22, 2007, 06:08:36 PM »

1UP on their latest podcast had an interesting take on the character design. They said that the game's sales potential was limited by its 1930s B-movie locales and character designs (even though it's set in present day) and that this game "doesn't offer a fantasy that most gamers want to immerse themselves in." It's disappointing because here we have a game set in the present day that isn't military-themed or feature a big-breasted protagonist. This game has great graphics, gameplay, sound, and writing, so don't let the character design or setting otherwise distract you from a fantastic experience.

I finished the game yesterday afternoon. 11 hours 15 minutes on Hard, 40 out of 60 medals (two short of Kevin's total--fiddlesticks!), and 550 medal points. Quite simply, I loved it. It's my favorite next-gen game so far. Loved the cover-based combat and was especially happy with the writing. I also have to give props to the game for it's awesome character animation. This is one of the only games I've ever seen where the characters have body language during the cut scenes.

It's not perfect though. There was a lot of image tearing during the jet ski segments and I don't feel they added much to the game (the sequences were beatuiful though). I thought the platforming and puzzles were relatively easy and there wasn't enough variety of enemy types during the game's middle portion.

They made a nice recovery at the end, though. Loved the pacing and the chaos as everything goes to hell. I thought the last two chapters came closest to nailing the feel of the ending of Raiders of the Lost Ark, moreso than any of the Indiana Jones games.

Bottom line, I loved it. My complaints are minor and didn't affect my overall opinion of the game. Everyone who has a PS3 should give this game a try.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 08:09:30 PM by Andrew Mallon » Logged
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: November 22, 2007, 07:11:19 PM »

Beautifully put Mallon.  Now, I REALLY can't wait to play it.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: November 22, 2007, 09:04:40 PM »

Bah, screw 1up.

I'd say this is pretty damn close to the kind of "Mature" characters and story I want to see in a game.  While it doesn't cover the bigger and darker aspects of humanity, the characters are remarkably mature, especially in how they handled the romance.  They're not sticking controversial "mature" elements in your face just to be edgy.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 22, 2007, 09:22:49 PM »

Awesome writeup Andrew.

Naughty Dog commented in one of the docs on the disk that they set out to make a game that was bright and happy, specifically in contrast to the other stuff on the market (kinda ironic considering the direction they took Jak 2 in) and I have to say that I really appreciated it.  Also, let me just say how great it was to play a new IP that didn't end on a cliffhanger. 

My big fear is that for Uncharted 2 Sony will pressure them to do a Warrior Within and turn it edgy and dark.  Last generation I don't think that would have happened- with Sony on top they seemed pretty content to let their first and second parties do their own thing and trusted the market to come around (and it usually worked) but with Sony's current struggles it's putting a different kind of pressure on Naught Dog and Insomniac than what they had before. 
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 22, 2007, 10:50:20 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 22, 2007, 09:22:49 PM

Naughty Dog commented in one of the docs on the disk that they set out to make a game that was bright and happy, specifically in contrast to the other stuff on the market (kinda ironic considering the direction they took Jak 2 in) and I have to say that I really appreciated it.

yeah, that's a huge positive for me, as well...

Quote from: Andrew Mallon on November 22, 2007, 06:08:36 PM

Everyone who has a PS3 should give this game a try.

agreed - like re4, it's a shooter even non-shooter fans can enjoy. &, like r&cf, it's, to my mind, a 'word-of-mouth'-type system seller: can't imagine watching 15 minutes of it in action at a friends house or whatever & not wanting to play it. it's that good...

(as far as 1up's 'analysis' of u:df's sales potential (which i think is yet more pseudo-insightful insider bullshit), all i can say is, if this isn't the type of fantasy gamers want to immerse themselves in, we've arrived at a pretty bleak point in gaming...)

Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 22, 2007, 11:19:18 PM »

just finished it up myself.

overall a very good experience.  i really liked the story and "twist" and really having nothing to be disappointed over.   very fun ride and a A+ game for the PS3.

now onto Ratchet and Clank!

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 24, 2007, 01:17:31 AM »

made it to the last chapter, & think kd says it all in his review:

"The good news is that the gunplay works very well.  The bad news is that Naughty Dog seems to have used it to try to extend gameplay.  Heads up guys Ė you didnít need to!  The game is a blast to play without the artificial extension."

i felt this way about re4, & feel this way about uncharted - perfect games, but for the fact that the gunplay is taken to the overkill (both figuratively & literally) level. for me, it's not so much difficult (tho there's a bit of that, to be sure smile ), as just plain exhausting (&, in a way, boring?) - to the point of having to stop paying for a while...

i've loved just about everything about the game (my nate issues aside), but think it's really unfortunate nd chose to overdue the combat - it hasn't stopped me from enjoying the game, but i can easily see it doing so for others, which'd be a shame...

DonD

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 24, 2007, 08:10:02 PM »

I need a little help.  I'm in Chapter 7 - Sanctuary.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I am at a closed gate that you raise by repeatedly pressing the triangle button.  But after the gate gets about halfway up, it comes crashing down again.  I guess I am supposed to either do something to make it go all the way up or roll under it Indiana Jones style, but I can't figure out how to do that.  FWIW, the chick I was with decided to stay in the previous courtyard, I guess waiting for me to circle around back to her after I open said gate.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 24, 2007, 08:38:37 PM »

Quote from: DonD on November 24, 2007, 08:10:02 PM

I need a little help.  I'm in Chapter 7 - Sanctuary.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I am at a closed gate that you raise by repeatedly pressing the triangle button.  But after the gate gets about halfway up, it comes crashing down again.  I guess I am supposed to either do something to make it go all the way up or roll under it Indiana Jones style, but I can't figure out how to do that.  FWIW, the chick I was with decided to stay in the previous courtyard, I guess waiting for me to circle around back to her after I open said gate.

I don't know exactly where you are at but I'm guessing you need to get Elena to you first- look around for a way to open a passage from where she stayed behind to where you are now (ie shoot some barrels by a door, look for a lock to shoot off, etc)
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 24, 2007, 09:50:11 PM »

ya it's the barrels.   i had a tough time figuring that one out too  icon_smile

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: November 24, 2007, 09:53:24 PM »

Heh, yeah, because it's usually not a good idea to go blowing up explosives in ancient and crumbling underground structures.  Tongue
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 24, 2007, 10:59:48 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on November 24, 2007, 09:53:24 PM

Heh, yeah, because it's usually not a good idea to go blowing up explosives in ancient and crumbling underground structures.  Tongue

unless it's in a video game, in which case, you always should do it...

finished (36 medals frown ). had no problem with the ending, or the 'weird' bits. easily a match for r&cf, quality-wise, tho the former still gets my vote for most fun...

do replay a bit as a pirate - very funny having this badass character spouting some of nate's throw-away lines...

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 26, 2007, 09:47:36 AM »

Finished it, annnnd...I have mixed feelings about my experience with the game, but overall, I do think it's a good game.

Uncharted features some of the best graphics I've seen in a console game (especially the indoor environments, and the jeep situation), it tells an interesting story and the music is wonderful.

The gunplay was just okay (props to the pretty good cover system).

The fisticuffs portion of the game was cool.

Platforming was laughably rudimentary.  You scale some impressive vistas, but it felt too simplistic. 

I guess that's the problem I have with the game; it excels in the nearly every facet except gameplay.  The act of playing the game just felt really vanilla. 

Some thoughts on the last bits of the game:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I didn't like for the last 1/4th of the game.  The pacing felt different.  I hated fighting the monsters.  Nor did I care for the final "ship."

Good game, but I wouldn't herald it one of the greatest so far this generation.  I know I'm in the minority, but it really lacked soul, and identity.

TheMissingLink on PSN
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 04, 2007, 04:41:22 PM »

Finally, I got around to playing this game.  I played through the first few chapters and I must say I am very impressed.  My wife commented that in the beginning she was wondering if I was going to get a chance to actually play.  I joked that Japanese RPGs make you play 30 minutes before you can even do anything and that at least this game let me have a little interaction.  She then said that it wasn't a big issue because it was so well done.  I totally agree with her there.  It feels like I am watching a Hollywood movie, the voice acting, graphics, and animation are so good.

I got beyond that initial opening area and into the jungle and the atmosphere and game mechanics are great.  I love how you are walking along and having a conversation.  The puzzles were pretty easy (it is the beginning, afterall), but I enjoyed doing them.

So far, the game is outstanding.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: December 04, 2007, 08:05:48 PM »

I need to know if the actual game is better than the demo, as I was no impressed with the demo much.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: December 04, 2007, 09:40:29 PM »

The demo is a good representation of the game's core platform and combat mechanics. Obviously, the full game is better than the demo because everything is in context. The demo doesn't really showcase the quality writing, cool atmosphere, and expansive environments that you find in the full game.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 09:44:37 PM by Andrew Mallon » Logged
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 04, 2007, 09:43:44 PM »

Quote from: Andrew Mallon on December 04, 2007, 09:40:29 PM

The demo is a good representation of the game's core platform and combat mechanics. Obviously, the full game is better than the demo because everything is in context. The demo doesn't really showcase the quality writing, cool atmosphere, and expansive enivronments that you find in the full game.

Plus, without a tutorial, combat comes off as more difficult in the demo than it does in the full game. 
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 04, 2007, 10:10:54 PM »

Quote from: mikeg on December 04, 2007, 08:05:48 PM

I need to know if the actual game is better than the demo, as I was no impressed with the demo much.

IMO, the full game is much better

I didn't particularly think the demo was super great...it wasn't bad, just not as cool as R&C was (which was the PS3 game I was playing at the time).  but I love the retail version of Uncharted
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 06, 2007, 02:40:57 PM »

I thought that this article, discussing what Uncharted director Amy Hennig looks for in adventure games was a fanatastic read:

Newsweek Article

Uncharted definitely gave me a similar feeling as many of the games that she references (PoP: Sands of Time and Ico among many others).
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 06, 2007, 02:45:51 PM »

I finally finished up Ratchet and Clank this week and sent it back to Gamefly. Uncharted is next in my queue.  I'm looking forward to giving it a run through next week.  I really enjoyed the Gears style combat in the demo. 

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 06, 2007, 04:18:06 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on December 06, 2007, 02:45:51 PM

I finally finished up Ratchet and Clank this week and sent it back to Gamefly. Uncharted is next in my queue.  I'm looking forward to giving it a run through next week.  I really enjoyed the Gears style combat in the demo. 

Knowing a bit about your gaming preferences, I honestly think you are going to love it.

gellar
depward

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 06, 2007, 04:28:55 PM »

Quote from: gellar on December 06, 2007, 04:18:06 PM

Knowing a bit about your gaming preferences, I honestly think you are going to love it.

gellar

Agreed.  Denoginizer - I think you'll really enjoy Uncharted...

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: December 08, 2007, 02:03:41 PM »

Well, I rented it and beat it in two days.  Totally enjoyed it.  Probably the best graphics this year for me. 

About the only thing I did not care for was the jet ski sections.   Controls were wonky there. 

Everything else was top notch.  I got stuck on one puzzle and had to resort to gamefaqs, but other than that nothing too difficult.  I didn't care for the direction they went with the Spaniards, but I could live with it.  Hope the sequel, if there is one, does not have that kind of stuff in it.

I paid $49 for a copy on Black Friday, but am returning it today after having found a rental copy and beaten it in such a short time with nothing more afterward but a few unlockable skin changes.  I will definitely pick up when it goes on sale someday down the road for $29.99.  Perfect at that price.  Both this and Heavenly Sword will be purchased when they hit that price. 

I place in my top 3 gaming experiences this year with Mass Effect and Bioshock.

I highly recommend any PS3 owner taking it for a spin.   

I am Xboxalot on Live.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 10, 2007, 01:40:54 PM »

Quote from: depward on December 06, 2007, 04:28:55 PM

gellar

......aaaaaaannnnnnnnnddd

Gamefly sent me John Woo's Stranglehold instead of Uncharted, Assasins Creed, or Jerricho, which were all above it in my queue.   mad mad mad

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 10, 2007, 05:46:55 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on December 10, 2007, 01:40:54 PM

gellar

Gamefly sent me John Woo's Stranglehold instead of Uncharted, Assasins Creed, or Jerricho, which were all above it in my queue.   mad mad mad

Hehe, you can't possibly be surprised-it's gamefly after all!
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 17, 2007, 05:09:53 PM »

Quote from: mikeg on December 08, 2007, 02:03:41 PM

Well, I rented it and beat it in two days.  Totally enjoyed it.  Probably the best graphics this year for me. 

About the only thing I did not care for was the jet ski sections.   Controls were wonky there. 

Everything else was top notch.  I got stuck on one puzzle and had to resort to gamefaqs, but other than that nothing too difficult.  I didn't care for the direction they went with the Spaniards, but I could live with it.  Hope the sequel, if there is one, does not have that kind of stuff in it.

I paid $49 for a copy on Black Friday, but am returning it today after having found a rental copy and beaten it in such a short time with nothing more afterward but a few unlockable skin changes.  I will definitely pick up when it goes on sale someday down the road for $29.99.  Perfect at that price.  Both this and Heavenly Sword will be purchased when they hit that price. 

I place in my top 3 gaming experiences this year with Mass Effect and Bioshock.

I highly recommend any PS3 owner taking it for a spin.   

I really don't have anything to add to your post, but I wanted to say nice writeup and glad you enjoyed the game.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: December 18, 2007, 07:18:32 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on December 10, 2007, 01:40:54 PM

gellar

ouch.  tough luck with the game.  both uncharted and AC would have been better games to get instead.  btw, i'd nix jericho off the list.  for all respects, it's a huge pile. 

i got a bit lucky with my Q and got uncharted last night.  up past the level from the demo, past where the plane went down, and it's a beautiful game.  it's even more amazing that the whole thing has no visible load times.  yeah, i know it's behind every cutscene, but it looks great and plays even better.  naughty dog always had a knack for getting the most out of the hardware.  impressive. 

i really like the gunfights and how enemies react to my actions.  the combination of duck and peak pistol users, charging shotgun guys and ak guys providing covering fire really mixes up the encounters.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 29, 2007, 03:26:19 PM »

well, I picked this up used for 40 bucks and I have to say I'm liking it.  I'm definitely getting the Tomb Raider vibe, and this will be a nice appetizer to hold me over until the next Tomb Raider game.  I just finished the first 3 or 4 levels and I'm amazed at how polished this game is.   thumbsup to Naughty Dog.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: December 29, 2007, 03:46:44 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 29, 2007, 03:26:19 PM

well, I picked this up used for 40 bucks and I have to say I'm liking it.  I'm definitely getting the Tomb Raider vibe, and this will be a nice appetizer to hold me over until the next Tomb Raider game.  I just finished the first 3 or 4 levels and I'm amazed at how polished this game is.   thumbsup to Naughty Dog.

Where did you get this for $40.  I would love to find it at that price.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 29, 2007, 03:59:45 PM »

Quote from: mikeg on December 29, 2007, 03:46:44 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on December 29, 2007, 03:26:19 PM

Where did you get this for $40.  I would love to find it at that price.

a local used DVD/CD/Games place.  Their used stuff is usually cheaper than Gamestop- I got Halo 3 used for 45 bucks a few days after it was released from them (which I completed and promptly turned around and trade back to Gamestop for 38 bucks).  I usually go there first if I'm looking for a used game- earlier this month I scored a copy of The Darkness for 16 bucks.

Another plus is that it's right across the street from the OSU campus, so they tend to have a decent inventory most of the time, and it gets even better towards the end of the quarter when the college kids are running out of cash and selling stuff for beer money  icon_twisted

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: