http://gamingtrend.com
October 30, 2014, 12:47:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [ps3]the club demo  (Read 882 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2007, 12:14:31 AM »

so bizarres(and sega) new game gets a demo on the ps3,just downloaded it and installed it and played it.......its better than i thought

the jist of the game is that you have to battle your way through a level(prison level in the demo)shooting enemies that come your way and try to get combos(kill someone and then kill someone again as soon as possible),its a third person shooter
the controls were okay,i am still having problems with the PS3 controller,hurts my hand for some reason...if this game is coming to the 360 i will definelty be downloading the demo again and see if its any better on that controller...graphics are farely decent as well..the demo is 1.2gig and it downloaded pretty fast (30-40minutes)

let me know what you guys think...not sure if i would buy the game,but it was a lot better than i was expecting it to be

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 12:21:41 AM »

just finished downloading - impressions to come...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 06:21:55 AM »

I'm not going to say worst demo ever, but it certainly wasn't very fun IMO.

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 04:12:34 PM »

Quote from: GatorFavre on December 29, 2007, 06:21:55 AM

I'm not going to say worst demo ever, but it certainly wasn't very fun IMO.

agreed - not being a shooter fan to begin with, running around doing it as fast as possible definitely wasn't really appealing (tho the game seems to look & play okay)...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 04:36:18 PM »

I haven't gotten to play it yet (no PS3), but it seems to me that console controls mixed with fast-as-you-can accurate shooting are not a good mix.  I can see it working much better with a mouse for aiming.  Obviously some people are very good at aiming with a controller, but I don't think you could ever be as good as a mouse just by the nature of the device. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 07:52:41 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on December 29, 2007, 04:36:18 PM

I haven't gotten to play it yet (no PS3), but it seems to me that console controls mixed with fast-as-you-can accurate shooting are not a good mix.  I can see it working much better with a mouse for aiming.  Obviously some people are very good at aiming with a controller, but I don't think you could ever be as good as a mouse just by the nature of the device. 

That is exactly the problem I had with it. 

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 08:30:43 PM »

well the combo system was the only thing i hated about the game(just cant see the point)..i was hoping that that was just one of the ways to play it(there are afew shaded out before the game...the rest of it was fine

as for the mouse etc...i have played call of duty,COD united offensive,COD2(finished),wolfenstein and half life 1(finished) on PC with the mouse and i can honestly say..the mouse comes no where near as good as the controller for me..mainly because of the spasm your left hand as to do with the keyboard controls...but each his own.. the console controller however will always be my choice of play

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 10:46:26 PM »

I liked the demo, but I have doubts about the gameplay holding up throughout the entire game. I was trying really hard to get that 1.2 million points. The controller is a minor drawback, but I was comfortable. Would've loved to try that with a Wii-mote.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 02:40:27 AM »

always thought it was an odd idea anyways.  an fps designed as a racer by a dev known for racing games. 

Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 04:33:45 AM »

I thought I'd set it to download while the PS3 was folding, but I couldn't find it at the PSN store.  Is it region locked?  Removed?  Am I looking in the wrong place?

I did notice the new NFL Tour demo.  I'm downloading that in the meantime.  It's about a gig.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
depward

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 06:19:41 AM »

Quote from: Hrothgar on January 04, 2008, 04:33:45 AM

I thought I'd set it to download while the PS3 was folding, but I couldn't find it at the PSN store.  Is it region locked?  Removed?  Am I looking in the wrong place?

I did notice the new NFL Tour demo.  I'm downloading that in the meantime.  It's about a gig.

It was for the UK store, not the for North American one.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 06:08:25 PM »

Finally got around to making a European account and grabbed this demo...and I liked it!  It was kind of like, a kudos system for a shooting game.  And I mean, it figures, since Bizarre Creations is behind it.

I thought it looked fantastic, played great, had an interesting (albeit most likely a short-lived) premise....

When it drops in price (and I mean, not half of the $60 tag, but maybe at $20), I'll grab it.

TheMissingLink on PSN
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 07:02:52 PM »

any word on a US demo?  they shouldn't make me jump through hoopd if they want me to try their demo.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 01:56:53 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 18, 2008, 07:02:52 PM

any word on a US demo?  they shouldn't make me jump through hoopd if they want me to try their demo.

I dunno about PSN, but I saw an ad on XBL last night that said a SP and MP demo was coming in 5 days.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: