http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 09:13:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PS3/360]Silent Hill HD Collection  (Read 1752 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2011, 09:45:38 AM »

due later this year Konami have announced that Silent Hill HD collection(that includes Silent Hill 2 and 3)will be exclusive for the PS3

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/306625/news/silent-hill-hd-collection-confirmed-is-ps3-exclusive/

shame as the big deal here for me was getting them on the 360,so if they are PS3 only i may as well be out,as i still have my PS2 versions,especially if they are due later this year,which pretty much translates with everyone 'November'
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:42:14 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 01:48:00 PM »

Strange they are leaving 4 as the odd man out.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 05:00:50 PM »

Now this is a collection of games I'm interested in replaying. Silent Hill 2 scared the hell out of me back in the day, and I distinctly remember not getting bored at any time with it.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 05:09:01 PM »

already played SH2, if they made it a 3 pack and put in SH1 I'd be interested.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 11:46:14 AM »

Silent Hill 2 will have Original Voices or you can choose the new recordings,however Silent Hill 3 will have just the new recordings

360A.org

Good news for die-hard Silent Hill 2 fans, as Konami has confirmed that you'll be able to switch on the original voices for the game in the Silent Hill HD Collection, meaning you can either play it with the remastered 'modern' voice performances, or enjoy the original recordings from 2001.

Unfortunately, the same has not been settled on for Silent Hill 3, as the actress who voiced the game's heroine Heather Morris, has been unavailable to sign a waiver to grant permission to use the original recordings.

This is going to be great,i am looking forward to playing these games again,i bought Silent Hill 1 on PSN last month and will play that as well

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 10:20:13 PM »

piss!!

Silent Hill HD Collection delayed

I just played the first game over the weekend to get ready for this,now its been delayed until March..it was due on 24th/27th January

not sure if anything is out this month i want now

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 03:13:44 AM »

2 & 3 possibly released separately on XBL and PSN?

Because I can,
Maggot
Gaming Trend Reader

Calculating Infinity

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 08:04:39 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 27, 2012, 03:13:44 AM

2 & 3 possibly released separately on XBL and PSN?

Hmmm interested now. At least I can get SH2 on ps3 then.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 11:19:24 AM »

if these downloads came out earlier i would be interested because the new month of March is pretty chocka for me,Mass Effect 3 on its own will prolly take up most of the month...otherwise i will be sticking to retail

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 10:18:27 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on January 09, 2012, 10:20:13 PM

piss!!

Silent Hill HD Collection delayed

I just played the first game over the weekend to get ready for this,now its been delayed until March..it was due on 24th/27th January

not sure if anything is out this month i want now

and it's delayed again, but only by 2 weeks.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 10:39:17 PM »

i read this morning that it was the 16th for UK,that's why i put that its due in 2 weeks in the 360/PS3 classics thread...the 20th isn't that much of a delay,prolly 23rd for UK

I probably wont be buying straight away now anyway

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 11:04:32 PM »

Original Silent Hill dev disappointed at poor HD Release

As reported by Destructoid, Masahiro Ito, who served as art director on the first three Silent Hill games, was asked to comment via Twitter on comparison shots of the PS2 original next to the new HD version. In the images, missing fog textures have exposed unfinished sections of the environment.

"Left side is HD, isn't it? It's poor," he wrote. "It's really a released version? Really?"

When the follower who originally posed the questioned confirmed that the image was indeed from the retail disc, Ito simply replied "OMG!"

He later added that Konami should "release a patch for HD collection, I think," before speculating that the problem might be caused by PlayStation 3 tech.

"I guess that it was a problem of PS3. PS3 has a weak point for using 'translucent texture'," he wrote.

"But PS2 has no such a weak point, and original SH2/SH3 use so many 'translucent texture'. Example, for fog/mist."

Oh dear...can't say i blame him
from the article(HD on the left)

now i guess i could live with that,but not the pictures that one of the posters linked to

PS3 looks garbage...my guess is that 360 version looks the same,but not entirely sure

« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 11:08:38 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Maggot
Gaming Trend Reader

Calculating Infinity

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 07:43:18 PM »

3/10 from destructoid

http://www.destructoid.com/review-silent-hill-hd-collection-224478.phtml

and yeah the 360 looks the same. It doesn't have a hilarious amount of frame rate problems for a 10 year old game like the ps3 version however does, apparently only very little and only in SH3. This is yet again konami not giving a shit about the franchise and shitting all over it, Downpour was a step in the right direction despite the technical issues but I am sure Konami will throw the game to some new random developer with yet another sequel again. Maybe this time they will hire my chemical romance or limp bizkit to do a theme song.

Also just a pro tip to konami : next time when doing a port of such respected games, you might want to bring in some more experienced devs, some that has worked on something bigger than frogger and one that actually got a working website.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 07:45:25 PM by Maggot » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 11:14:49 PM »

then that's a massive disappointment i was going to get it on the 360,definitely out now...and it makes me sad crybaby

so i am guessing that the 360 version would of been a straight port from the PS3 version?(i remember at first this collection wasn't due for 360,until the fans complained)

(I do still have the PS2 versions though)

FWIW with Konami HD games,the Metal Gear Games were very well done i thought on the 360

Maggot
Gaming Trend Reader

Calculating Infinity

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 03:50:39 PM »

Metal gear collection was done by Bluepoint Games, a decently competent developer. Silent hill collection is done by some team who has only done mobile phone games and then some frogger game for ps3, even the developers website is broken haha.  No idea what the 360 version is a port of, but it certainly is less buggy, while still being a shit port though. The ps3 version at least is so bad that amazon took it down.  eek

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

http://www.amazon.com/Silent-Hill-HD-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B0050SXAIG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332685141&sr=8-1

So yeah, keep the ps2 or pc versions, that seems to be the way to go if you want to replay them. They also had a lot of weird edits with the music and sound
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 03:53:29 PM by Maggot » Logged
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 05:28:21 PM »

The PoP:SoT HD port was also crappy. Don't know why they have so much trouble with these sometimes.

Sly HD seems pretty perfect, however. Definitley have my hopes up for Ratchet.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
ras752000
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 03:30:18 AM »

I picked this up (ps3) since I never played 2 or 3. 
Playing 2 and just completed the section after the hospital leading
to the historical society, mainly just running through dark streets
with 2/3 enemies nearby and I felt that I nearly locked up
almost 10 times due to frame rate issues.  Amazing that a system
that can run games like uncharted chokes on this port.  Really must
be horribly optimized coding.  Really loving the story so guess I'll suffer through the technical issues.

PSN=ras752000
Steam=ras752000gt
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 02:25:15 PM »

Makes me nervous on who is doing the Zone of Enders Ports,,if Konami screw them up as well i will be royally pissed

ras752000
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2012, 09:47:52 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 28, 2012, 02:25:15 PM

Makes me nervous on who is doing the Zone of Enders Ports,,if Konami screw them up as well i will be royally pissed
Odds are pretty favorable: most of the ports+HD I've played have been good experiences (re4hd, sly, jak, ico).
This just seems to be the exception so hopefully there is enough of a backlash they get it right next time (and
still patch this too). 
I finished 2 and some of the control glitches (James stops moving) definitely hampered me in some of the
later boss fights.

PSN=ras752000
Steam=ras752000gt
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 11:35:00 AM »

Eurogamer have an article here asking what went wrong with the SH HD collection

They also have a head to head between PS2/360/PS3

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 10:37:12 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 24, 2012, 11:14:49 PM

FWIW with Konami HD games,the Metal Gear Games were very well done i thought on the 360

Agreed. I had a hard time getting going with them, but that has nothing to do with quality; just that I'm not much of a MGS player. I'd certainly give the 2 I've played in that collection (MGS 2 and 3) a thumbs up for both the porting and the updated graphics.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 07:22:46 PM »

Konami are patching the Silent Hill games

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/04/25/konami-patching-up-silent-hill-games.aspx

Konami announced it's releasing new patches for Silent Hill HD Collection and Silent Hill Downpour.

"Understanding the issues some users are experiencing, development teams are currently creating online patches for both games, which will fix the frame rate issues, the audio-synching in Silent Hill HD Collection, and the Auto-Save issues in Silent Hill Downpour," Konami said.

"Players have voiced their concerns, and solutions to these issues will be fixed and launched in the coming weeks."

The patches will be made available through Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.

doesn't look like the actual graphics will be fixed

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 07:26:33 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 25, 2012, 07:22:46 PM

doesn't look like the actual graphics will be fixed

that's probably a bigger overhaul than they're willing to commit too.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2012, 10:28:54 AM »

So i finally bought this for the Xbox 360(don't worry i got it cheap),after reading on 360a.org that the problems weren't really a big deal

PS3 got an update for the graphics,while it was reported that the 360 patch was TBA,although there was an update when i first put the game in but i am not sure if that was the latest patch or a patch that was released awhile ago

I have only been playing Silent Hill 2 up to now and only for an hour or two

Graphics
Sure nothing to write home about,some of it has been handled okay,while other stuff like grass at the graveyard looks shabby to hell,the saving grace?..is the fog,there are absolutely no problems with the fog with the 360 version,its thick and it moves and takes your eye away from anything lame
It's sometimes a bit shit how the fog is so thick and you walk a few yards and then all of a sudden a big building is there..everything else is certainly PS2 graphics in fact all it is is PS2/Xbox ports being able to be played on current gen and this is where they get the HD in the title from i guess because far as i can see nothing has been improved at all

so its funny that the best thing about the graphics is the fog that was reported to be crap

Audio
Choice of original voices or new voices for Silent Hill 2,that's not the real problem though,it seems when something is loud then my TV sounds as though the speakers are fuzzing(Sony Bravia),i have not had problems like this on anything else,if you turn the sound down thinking its because its too loud,then you just get the game quieter but still the fuzzing..again only on loud scenes though(i will have to see what the sound is like through my Turtle Beach Headphones)

The little noises behind the wall of Fog are still there,and make for a creepy vibe still and i have not seen any lip sync problems that were reported

The game is still very playable though,and no matter what voice selection you choose i can't see any problems with them at least yet,it's just a shame that this could of been something great instead of something with a 'that will do' vibe

but still not played or even tried SH3 yet

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2012, 11:01:16 PM »

no 360 patch.

Konami has announced that while a patch was recently released for the PlayStation 3 version of the Silent Hill HD Collection, it will not hit Xbox 360. The patch is designed to fix framerate issues as well as a problem with the game’s audio syncing, which some users have been reporting since the game originally launched back in March.

Unfortunately for Xbox 360 gamers, the patch will not make its way to the Microsoft version of the game. “Plans for an Xbox 360 title update have been cancelled due to technical issues and resources,” Konami said in a statement. “Konami apologizes to any players who are continuing to experience these issues on the Xbox 360 SKU.”

[edit] I guess Zone of Enders HD is off of my 'pay money for' list; I'll only play it if I can borrow it.  if they cannot support Silent Hill HD properly I'm not trusting that they will support another one of their HD collections, no matter who is to blame.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 11:07:41 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2012, 08:53:01 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 08, 2012, 11:01:16 PM

no 360 patch.

Konami has announced that while a patch was recently released for the PlayStation 3 version of the Silent Hill HD Collection, it will not hit Xbox 360. The patch is designed to fix framerate issues as well as a problem with the game’s audio syncing, which some users have been reporting since the game originally launched back in March.

Unfortunately for Xbox 360 gamers, the patch will not make its way to the Microsoft version of the game. “Plans for an Xbox 360 title update have been cancelled due to technical issues and resources,” Konami said in a statement. “Konami apologizes to any players who are continuing to experience these issues on the Xbox 360 SKU.”

[edit] I guess Zone of Enders HD is off of my 'pay money for' list; I'll only play it if I can borrow it.  if they cannot support Silent Hill HD properly I'm not trusting that they will support another one of their HD collections, no matter who is to blame.

Yeah Konami are bastards,I guess it doesn't help with MS charging $40k for patches as well(or i bet that was a factor in the decision),but as we said in anotherthis thread somewhere,don't be too put off with Z.O.E.,because the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection was one of the best ports/updates that has been released,they were really good(even Peace walker the one time PSP game was pretty great on the 360)...I am expecting/hoping Z.O.E. to be great as well
(edit:2...nope it was this thread we were talking about MGS)

EDIT:someone on EG just reminded me that MS don't charge for the first patch.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 11:31:51 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2012, 11:32:12 AM »

I just read this on 360a.org for the same story

Many of these issues come from the fact that the games were ported from incomplete code after Konami lost the final release version of the game.

I had heard it was supposed to be from a port from an incomplete code,but Konami losing the final release versions?..that's poor from Konami,really poor

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2012, 12:27:20 AM »

Konami is offering exchanges for the 360 version:

On the official Silent Hill Facebook page, Konami asked affected users to contact its customer service for purchase "verification and further details on how to exchange your product." The initial posting does not say what Konami is offering in the exchange; however, in response to the question on Facebook, the proprietor of the Silent Hill page added: "The exchange is for other Konami titles or versions of titles."

The offer is only valid for Xbox 360 versions of the Silent Hill HD Collection purchased "on or before" August 8, 2012, with requests for an exchange required to be submitted by October 7.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2012, 08:58:27 AM »

this is what they are offering,i have not got a receipt,but if i did i would choose Downpour(that's the newest one,right?) or Castlevania Lords of Shadow LE

EDIT: Oh and that's nice isn't it?>>"This offer valid for purchases made in North and South America."

http://www.examiner.com/article/konami-offering-free-games-to-xbox-360-owners-of-silent-hill-hd-collection

NDS:
BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION (Hudson)
BEYBLADE: METAL MASTERS (Hudson)
Deca Sports (Hudson)
Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2007
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011 Over the Nexus

3DS:
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3DS (PES 2011)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 3DS (PES 2012)
Frogger 3DS
Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights
Metal Gear Solid 3DS
Nikolis Pencil Puzzle
Deca Sports Freedom

Wii:
BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION (Hudson)
Castlevania Judgement
Dance Dance Revolution (2010)
Dance Dance Revolution II (2011)
Dance Dance Revolution II (2011) Bundle
Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 2
Deca Sports (Hudson)
Deca Sports 2 (Hudson)
Deca Sports 3 (Hudson)
Def Jam Rapstar
Dewy's Adventure
Fishing Master (Hudson)
Karaoke Revolution Glee
Karaoke Revolution Glee vol. 2
Karaoke Revolution Glee vol. 3
Marble Saga Kororinpa (Hudson)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PES 2008)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (PES 2012)
Rooms: The Main Building (Hudson)
The Cages: Pro Style Batting Practice
Wing Island (Hudson)
Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's: Wheelie Breakers

PS2:
Contra: Shattered Soldier
Frogger: The Great Quest
Karaoke Revolution Party
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Metal Gear Solid Essential Collection
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
SLAI: Steel Lancer Arena International
Suikoden III
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Yu Gi Oh! Duelists of the Roses

PS3:
Birds of Steel
Blades of Time
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Castlevania Lords of Shadow LE
Dance Dance Revolution (2010) Bundle
Hellboy The Science of Evil
Karaoke Revolution Bundle (2009) Bundle
Lucha Libre AAA Heroes Del Ring
Metal Gear Solid HD
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (MGS4)
Neverdead
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (PES 2009)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (PES 2011)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (PES 2012)
Silent Hill HD
Silent Hill Downpour

PSP:
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
Rengoku
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 5

XBOX 360:
Adrenalin Misfits
Birds of Steel
Blades of Time
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Castlevania Lords of Shadow LE
Dance Masters (Kinect)
DDR Universe 3 bundle
DDR (2010) Bundle
Deca Sports Freedom (Kinect)
Jimmy Johnson
Karaoke Revolution (2009) Bundle
KR Glee vol. 3
Lucha Libre AAA Heroes Del Ring
Metal Gear Solid HD
Neverdead
Otomedius Excellent
Otomedius Excellent LE
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Latin America - 30101 )
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Canada/US)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (Latin America - 30126)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (Canada/US)
Rock Revolution
Rumble Roses
Silent Hill Downpour

XBOX:
AirForce Delta Storm
Bloody Roar Extreme
Castlevania:Curse of Darkness
DDR Ultramix
DDR Ultramix 2
DDR Ultramix 3 bundle
DDR Ultramix 4 bundle
ESPN International Sports 2002
Frogger Beyond
Karaoke Revolution Party Game
King Arthur
Konami Classics vol1
Konami Classics vol2
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2
TMNT Nightmare
Whiteout
Winning Eleven 9
WTA Tour Tennis
Xiaolin Showdown
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 09:03:40 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: