http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 02:11:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PS3]Gran Turismo 6  (Read 1564 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2013, 10:45:11 PM »

U.S. retailer NewEgg has it down for 28th November release

Back in February SONY's SCEE SVP Michael Denny had let it slip

“Look at the games coming out on the PlayStation 3 like The Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, GT6, and then on the third-party side of things another fantastic Assassin’s Creed, GTA,” SCEE’s SVP Michael Denny said in a recent interview.

however,series creator Kazunori Yamauchi actually 'announced' the game back in 2010
Mr. Gran Turismo, Kazunori Yamauchi, has told AutoWeek that the studio's already at work on the next game in the series.

Asked whether Gran Turismo 6 development was underway, he simply replied: "Yeah.

And when can we expect it to release?
"It's not something that we can talk that lightly on," said Yamauchi. "It took 2,000 days to get all the ideas that went into GT5. It's just too early to be talking about GT6."

the sixth axis
CVG

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 10:49:57 PM »

So, this will be a PS5 release day game, right?

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 04:28:27 AM »

Yep.

It would also conveniently explain its absence from any media, since they should be advertising it by now if it was coming out on the PS3 in November.

And, if they held it for the PS5, it would make a great launch title.

Not to mention late November is a perfect launch window for the PS5, which we know will be released this year.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 10:35:44 AM »

Quote from: Turtle on April 17, 2013, 04:28:27 AM

Yep.

It would also conveniently explain its absence from any media, since they should be advertising it by now if it was coming out on the PS3 in November.

And, if they held it for the PS5, it would make a great launch title.

Not to mention late November is a perfect launch window for the PS5, which we know will be released this year.

Pssst... paranoid

you mean PS4?

S.I.M was taking the piss with the PS5 theory icon_wink

I dunno,i think there will be plenty of new games for this gen in November that haven't been advertised yet...a new COD title is coming for one

and then,i think SONY's strategy for GT6 is to not make the customer wait so long this time,by (officially)announcing it probably at E3 and it coming a few months later,instead of announcing it and 5 years later(or whatever it was)gamers getting it

Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 05:56:53 PM »

I might be out of the loop here, but PS5? Don't you all mean PS4? Or did Sony just decide to skip over the PS4 and call it the PS5?

As for GT6, I'd love it to have a bit of free roaming and not just be track-based..
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 06:35:31 PM »

Yeah, PS4. I shouldn't post after an early and long work day and no nap.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 06:37:11 PM »

Figured you meant it would be announced for the PS4 but by the time it actually came out it would be a launch title on the PS5.  nod

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 08:24:37 PM »

Wow, I guess I should have included this guy  icon_wink.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 09:11:32 PM »

Quote from: Suitably Ironic Moniker on April 17, 2013, 08:24:37 PM

Wow, I guess I should have included this guy  icon_wink.

well i didn't need it Tongue

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 12:13:49 PM »

officially announced for PS3

Sony has officially announced Gran Turismo 6 for PS3.

According to a leaked press release obtained by iAfrica, the game will be released this holiday season.

CVG understands the leaked press release is not fake, though it does not detail many of the game's features that will be revealed later today at a live event.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 04:03:01 PM »

Polyphony's Gran Turismo 6 is official, and is heading for Sony's PlayStation 3 later this year.

The announcement comes through the slightly bungled issuing of a press release ahead of a Silverstone event later this afternoon, where series creator Kazunori Yamauchi will officially unveil his latest game.

Silverstone itself is one of seven new tracks coming to the game, and while there's no official confirmation yet of what else will be joining the Northampton circuit there are already several pointers out in the wild. A video from the Detroit Motor Show earlier this year revealed a handful of old favourites will be returning, while Polyphony staff have been spotted scanning Australia's legendary Mount Panorama circuit in Bathurst.

All of Gran Turismo 5's vehicles are returning, and the comprehensive garage is being bolstered by new additions that bring the car count up to 1200. There will be more customisation options available, a feature alluded to in the first leaked screenshot of the game, which showed a Mercedes SLS AMG with several aero updates.

There will also be a renewed focus on downloadable content, with Yamauchi saying the game will be supported long after its release. Will it find its way to the PlayStation 4 too? We're hoping to bring you more details from the event itself later today.

EDIT:
It'll also boast an all-new physics model developed in tandem with automotive manufacturers and an advanced graphics engine that introduces adaptive tesselation.

Gran Turismo 6 will also be introducing new tracks on a monthly basis as Polyphony supports the game beyond its projected release at the end of the year.

Trailer in the link
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-15-gran-turismo-6-is-official-boasts-1200-cars#comments
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 04:18:37 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 04:59:56 PM »

CVG have 50 screenshots

Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2013, 06:33:38 PM »

Not a PS4 launch title?  Wow.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 07:19:44 PM »

Have a feeling that some of these later ps3 games will be forward compatible somehow.

Will be interesting to see where they go with this version since 5 was a mess. Wonder if they'll keep it ultra hardcore or add more features and gameplay to make it more fun and easier fort people to get into the game and just race.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 08:48:48 PM »

Trailer and high rez screens on our front page.  smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2013, 08:23:01 AM »

Quote from: Laner on May 15, 2013, 06:33:38 PM

Not a PS4 launch title?  Wow.

are you saying that after seeing the screens or meaning SONY's decision for it to be on PS3?

EDIT:

PS4 under consideration

Speaking to IGN at the recent GT6 reveal event at Silverstone race track, Yamauchi said, "We actually do have a PlayStation 4 version in mind, but for this holiday season, we thought it would be best for users to release on PS3 for now."

Seemingly moving to settle any premature excitement, however, Yamauchi added, "I thought the best scenario would be to have the game come out, then to have new scenarios, new DLC and other updates. Once the players have thoroughly played out the system, if the PlayStation 4 version came out naturally, as part of that process, I think that would be the best scenario."

If such a version were to be released, he added, gamers would "probably" be able to transfer over their saved progress.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 08:55:09 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2013, 08:06:48 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 16, 2013, 08:23:01 AM

Quote from: Laner on May 15, 2013, 06:33:38 PM

Not a PS4 launch title?  Wow.

are you saying that after seeing the screens or meaning SONY's decision for it to be on PS3?

The latter.  Obviously we don't have all the info, but why they wouldn't do everything in their power to make it a PS4 launch title is a head scratcher.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2013, 08:55:47 PM »

So I should finally order GT5...?

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2013, 07:25:59 AM »

That's unexpected. Considering how long it took for GT5 to come out, I'd have expected it to be a launch title. Unless they plan on making two versions of it But that's an odd decision considering the PS4's right around the corner. I don't really see the need for it this late in the game. On the upside, looks like they've finally fixed the smoke if looking at the screenshots is any indication.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 05:56:54 PM »

Demo Coming Soon

On July 2, you can try out a few of the game's 1,200+ cars (at launch), including three from Nissan – the Leaf, 370Z, and GT-R.

If you have the ambition and skill, you can also use your qualifying time from the demo as an entry into the 2013 GT Academy, but even if you don't want to try and enter the real-life racing program, you can certainly still download the demo until August 31.

The demo starts out with some GT Academy-themed sessions before giving way to a qualifying event at the Silverstone Grand Prix circuit.

Question:- Do the GT games still have the Licences?,I want a deep driving game and i did like going for the licences in the older GT games,but i think my last GT game was GT3

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2013, 12:26:37 AM »

I don't have a PS3, but with prices probably dropping I might be considering getting one, especially since GT6 is being released for it rather than next gen. My question is, would it be worth getting GT5 and the PS3 now, or wait and just get the PS3 and GT6 when the latter is released?

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2013, 12:33:06 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on June 27, 2013, 12:26:37 AM

I don't have a PS3, but with prices probably dropping I might be considering getting one, especially since GT6 is being released for it rather than next gen. My question is, would it be worth getting GT5 and the PS3 now, or wait and just get the PS3 and GT6 when the latter is released?

TBH it wouldn't surprise me if GT6 also came out for PS4 at some point(maybe even launch)

and i was thinking about getting 5,until i heard 6 was due..shame you ain't got a PS3(as said the demo is due)

71 layouts of 33 tracks, 1200 cars

Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2013, 07:36:43 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 26, 2013, 05:56:54 PM

Question:- Do the GT games still have the Licences?,I want a deep driving game and i did like going for the licences in the older GT games,but i think my last GT game was GT3

They do, but as far as I know they don't have any bearing on the main game and are just there to teach you some driving skills.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2013, 01:35:30 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 26, 2013, 05:56:54 PM

Demo Coming Soon

On July 2, you can try out a few of the game's 1,200+ cars (at launch), including three from Nissan – the Leaf, 370Z, and GT-R.

If you have the ambition and skill, you can also use your qualifying time from the demo as an entry into the 2013 GT Academy, but even if you don't want to try and enter the real-life racing program, you can certainly still download the demo until August 31.

The demo starts out with some GT Academy-themed sessions before giving way to a qualifying event at the Silverstone Grand Prix circuit.

Demo now up,labeled as 'Nissan GT Academy 2013'

1072mb

Silverstone circuit

<><><><><><>
Thanks for that answer Rumpy thumbsup

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2013, 02:21:02 PM »

aaaaaaaaaaaannnnd that was bleeding awful,Graphics look so-so,i suppose the driving/handling was okay for what i played

for some reason,i had no sound,i quit the game to the XMB and that had sound so re-launched the demo but again had no sound,so no idea how the car sounded

Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013, 07:19:52 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on July 02, 2013, 01:35:30 PM

<><><><><><>
Thanks for that answer Rumpy thumbsup

No prob. Although I could have sworn that we already had GT Academy 2013, so I'm confused by this.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2013, 07:40:18 PM »

Played the demo again and liked it a lot more second time around

I still have no sound though,some people have said its a DD problem some people get with PS3 demos...first i have heard

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2013, 05:58:00 AM »

expect a sizeable day one patch and features to be patched in after release, with them expecting plenty of updates after release:

Creator Kazunori Yamauchi confirmed to Eurogamer that some of the game’s features are unlikely to be ready for launch and that a “sizable” day one patch for the PS3 game can be expected.

"It's the same every time," he admitted. "Everything's very tight. It's an incredibly tight schedule. As to being able to include everything we want to on day one, we probably won't be able to.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2013, 02:24:56 AM »

The official list of cars.

I've been a dedicated Forza player since the first one, but the XBone is such a disappointment that I'm seriously considering saying the hell with it and getting GT6 and a PS3.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2013, 02:15:22 AM »

Wow, day before release and no reviews? Is this a reason to be concerned or is this SOP for previous GT releases?

Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2013, 11:18:07 AM »

Lots of reviews out now.

Lots of good and the usual GT bad.

Looks great, great frame rate, loads of tracks, courses, night and day rain driving etc.

Damage still sucks, sound is crappy still, ai still isnt great.

Eurogamer seems to sum the good and bad. The good works for me and not bothered by the bad.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-06-gran-turismo-6-review

Off to get this later, will let you know thoughts.

Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2013, 03:40:50 PM »

Still zero damage modeling, poor sound, no change in the AI. But the usual tons of cars...sorry I don't see how people keep giving the series a pass based on memories of when they played GT1 or 2. This just isn't acceptable from what's supposed to be a AAA racer in 2013.
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2013, 04:48:48 PM »

Bought the dd version and it's taking forever to install.  Started at 7:30am and it's about 85% complete about 3 hours later.  Hopefully I'll get to play today.

Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2013, 08:15:33 PM »

Quote from: Jumangi on December 06, 2013, 03:40:50 PM

Still zero damage modeling, poor sound, no change in the AI. But the usual tons of cars...sorry I don't see how people keep giving the series a pass based on memories of when they played GT1 or 2. This just isn't acceptable from what's supposed to be a AAA racer in 2013.

It's no issue for me, i play with no sound on in all my games and always turn damage off so those 2 are no problem for me. AI is too early to tell but i've yet to play a game where the Ai was anything but average, hence the popularity of multiplayer.

I have done 6 or 7 races, it looks amazing and the cars seem to drive superbly. The bits that really matter, like lots of cars, tracks and the way it drives is superb.

Maybe if I could put some go faster stripes on it as well it would be even better slywink

shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2013, 09:31:56 PM »

After 4 hours I was able to start playing. 

I have a CSR Elite Wheel and it works/feels perfect, you can really feel the differences between the cars. I started playing in Cockpit view and the sense of speed wasn't there, of course you do start off with slow cars so it could just be that, but when I switched to the hood or road camera it did seem to be faster.

I'm playing on a PC monitor at 1080P and it's not as sharp as a PC race game but it isn't that bad. I have noticed a couple of road textures that aren't sharp before the race and some of the cockpits aren't hi-def but overall it looks great. I haven't noticed any screen tearing which I read on other forums. There are some jagged and flickering edges from time to time, but it hasn't been distracting. The replays look good.

The single player campaign is fun they mix things up with different events like hitting cones and other challenges that aren't just races so it make things interesting. They do force you to pick your first car from a selection of 1, I didn't like that. I don't think I've opened up multi-player yet but hopefully I'll get a chance tonight. The AI isn't fantastic, but they have given me a little challenge on some races but there isn't a way to increase the difficulty during the campaign just the arcade mode.

I was really worried about the loading times because of GT5 and I almost bought an SSD but with a normal hard drive they are minimal maybe 5-10 seconds, which is awesome. I hate the loading times on Forza 5, plus my wheel isn't compatible, that's another discussion.

I've completed about 25 races and I've liked all the tracks so far, each one feels different and has their own challenges. The races occur at different times of day and some of the effects look great, racing at dusk is awesome.

Overall I'm having a blast and the initial impression is so much better than GT5. I like the looks of the menu's and they are quick and easy to navigate.

Don't forget to change your oil when you get a new car.

Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2013, 10:14:03 PM »

Quote from: shon on December 06, 2013, 09:31:56 PM

After 4 hours I was able to start playing. 

I have a CSR Elite Wheel and it works/feels perfect, you can really feel the differences between the cars. I started playing in Cockpit view and the sense of speed wasn't there, of course you do start off with slow cars so it could just be that, but when I switched to the hood or road camera it did seem to be faster.

I'm playing on a PC monitor at 1080P and it's not as sharp as a PC race game but it isn't that bad. I have noticed a couple of road textures that aren't sharp before the race and some of the cockpits aren't hi-def but overall it looks great. I haven't noticed any screen tearing which I read on other forums. There are some jagged and flickering edges from time to time, but it hasn't been distracting. The replays look good.

The single player campaign is fun they mix things up with different events like hitting cones and other challenges that aren't just races so it make things interesting. They do force you to pick your first car from a selection of 1, I didn't like that. I don't think I've opened up multi-player yet but hopefully I'll get a chance tonight. The AI isn't fantastic, but they have given me a little challenge on some races but there isn't a way to increase the difficulty during the campaign just the arcade mode.

I was really worried about the loading times because of GT5 and I almost bought an SSD but with a normal hard drive they are minimal maybe 5-10 seconds, which is awesome. I hate the loading times on Forza 5, plus my wheel isn't compatible, that's another discussion.

I've completed about 25 races and I've liked all the tracks so far, each one feels different and has their own challenges. The races occur at different times of day and some of the effects look great, racing at dusk is awesome.

Overall I'm having a blast and the initial impression is so much better than GT5. I like the looks of the menu's and they are quick and easy to navigate.

Don't forget to change your oil when you get a new car.

Great write up, I agree with the choice of 1 to start. Did you trade up quickly or upgrade it?

I have a GT Driving Force wheel and cannot find the pedals, bloody annoying.

I came across a bug, I like to use the triggers to accelerate and break so set it up and on the 5th race on the final lap the controls just stopped working and reverted to default causing me to lose the race. NOt sure what is going on there, really need to find my pedals though.

shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2013, 11:00:49 PM »

I eventually got a new car but it wasn't that much of an upgrade since I didn't have much money.   After I completed the amateur circuit it did open up new events with different cars that are specific to that event so even though you can't afford them you do get to race other cars. 

I have noticed some sound problems especially the engine.  I need to hear it so I can change gears and when it cuts out it's annoying.

Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2013, 11:13:29 PM »

Quote from: shon on December 06, 2013, 11:00:49 PM

I eventually got a new car but it wasn't that much of an upgrade since I didn't have much money.   After I completed the amateur circuit it did open up new events with different cars that are specific to that event so even though you can't afford them you do get to race other cars. 

I have noticed some sound problems especially the engine.  I need to hear it so I can change gears and when it cuts out it's annoying.

There is no denying teh sound is appalling. There is no excuse in this day and age for the quality of it. Luckily I normally play with the sound off.

Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2013, 02:27:11 PM »

Found the pedals to my Driving Force GT wheel, now to see how it really handles.

Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2013, 10:11:12 AM »

Well just logged in and went to the dealership and visited the Vision GT option and was gifted a Mercedes Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo. Normally cost 1 mill credits. So was a nice surprise. It's for the 15th Anniversary of GT

Am I all alone in here slywink
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 10:13:20 AM by Reemul » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: