http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 10:45:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PS3] UT3 delayed until 2008?  (Read 633 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2007, 03:11:46 AM »

so,found this...which worries me a bit,because if the PS3 version is delayed,then isnt the 360 version delayed also(havent SONY got the 6 months exclusive thing?)..and i try and buy all my online games for the 360.

http://www.n4g.com/News-71827.aspx
but then there is this
http://www.n4g.com/ps3/NewsCom-71834.aspx

On the official ut forum mark rein answers to the newest rumours.
mark rein: "As a public company, Midway felt an obligation to its shareholders to let them know about the possibility of a delay. But our goal is still to get the PS3 version of UT3 in stores before the end of 2007. However, we will only ship it once itís ready and is the best game we can deliver. The PC version is still on track for a November release."

so...i am guessing that a 2008 is pretty much a sure thing....good news for PC owners though,its not like they were going to have PS3 players to play with anyway
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 04:59:32 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 04:20:14 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 03, 2007, 03:11:46 AM

so,found this...which worries me a bit,because if the PS3 version is delayed,then isnt the 360 version delayed also(havent SONY got the 6 months exclusive thing?)..and i try and buy all my online games for the 360.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25955364&sid=6180203&om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;2

but then there is this

mark rein: "As a public company, Midway felt an obligation to its shareholders to let them know about the possibility of a delay. But our goal is still to get the PS3 version of UT3 in stores before the end of 2007. However, we will only ship it once itís ready and is the best game we can deliver. The PC version is still on track for a November release."

so...i am guessing that a 2008 is pretty much a sure thing....good news for PC owners though,its not like they were going to have PS3 players to play with anyway

360 version was announced as delayed several weeks ago. Early 2008.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 04:59:07 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on October 03, 2007, 04:20:14 AM

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 03, 2007, 03:11:46 AM

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25955364&sid=6180203&om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;2

but then there is this

360 version was announced as delayed several weeks ago. Early 2008.

i thought the 360 version was always going to be 2008,because Epic had signed PS3 having the 6 month thing...it was always going to be April/May 2008

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 05:01:50 AM »

The PC version is still on track for a November release.

all that matters.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 02:05:22 PM »

I like the PS3 and I still think it will be a great console one day, but good lord every single game is being delayed. Stranglehold for the PS3 has been delayed at least twice now and its not slated to be released until November now, I will be surprised if Ratchet and Clank releases on time. I will say this, if Uncharted, R and C, and Assassins Creed get delayed it is going to kill me.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 02:33:31 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on October 03, 2007, 02:05:22 PM

I like the PS3 and I still think it will be a great console one day, but good lord every single game is being delayed. Stranglehold for the PS3 has been delayed at least twice now and its not slated to be released until November now, I will be surprised if Ratchet and Clank releases on time. I will say this, if Uncharted, R and C, and Assassins Creed get delayed it is going to kill me.

Well, R&C was technically delayed too- by a week!  It's now gold and confirmed for release on October 30th with demo on the 11th (and optimized from the disks handed out by Gamestop). 
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 09:15:34 PM »

i agree,the PS3 CAN  be a good machine if it wasnt for all these delays...Assassins creed i will get for the 360,but MGS4 is due January,and if that actually comes out January then i will be amazed
i only turn the PS3 on to play old PS2 games,and check the store every now and then......no games are out there that i want,and i think R and C will be the first for me to be 'interested'

orange box comes out near the end of november for the PS3,whereas for the 360 it comes out next week(or the week after )

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 09:44:57 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 03, 2007, 09:15:34 PM

i agree,the PS3 CAN  be a good machine if it wasnt for all these delays...Assassins creed i will get for the 360,but MGS4 is due January,and if that actually comes out January then i will be amazed
i only turn the PS3 on to play old PS2 games,and check the store every now and then......no games are out there that i want,and i think R and C will be the first for me to be 'interested'

orange box comes out near the end of november for the PS3,whereas for the 360 it comes out next week(or the week after )

Where did you get January for MGS4 from?  All I've heard is Q1 08.  I'll be thrilled if it's January but I'm expecting March. 
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 10:45:02 PM »

it says it up top on this page,but i have read it elsewhere as well....there are also fresh rumours that the game is to be released winter 2007!!

this is gamespot saying january up top
http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/metalgearsolid4/similar.html?mode=versions

and this about it being this year(you have to scroll down for some reason)

http://www.psu.com/Konami--Metal-Gear-Solid-4-to-release-in-Winter-07--a0001363-p0.php

i would be thrilled as well but as you said,March 08 seems more likely

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: