http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 11:35:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PS3] Toy Home  (Read 806 times)
Canuck
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I live in Japan

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2007, 07:46:48 AM »

Did anybody try out this demo?  I don't recall seeing any chatter about it on GT.  I downloaded the demo and found it to be quite a good time.  Not exactly sure what kind of game it is-there doesn't seem to be any race involved (except against the time).  You basically drive a toy car around a room that has been set up with all sorts of toys and collect coins and pull of cool jumps and what not.  The full game is only 9.99 so I think I'll probably pick this one up.  It really shows off the Sixaxis qualities quite well (and the Dual Shock 3's if you have one).  Basically the DualShock 3 is the steering wheel.  Also if you flip over on your back you have to shake the controller up and down to flip it back over again.  Quite good fun for a $10 game.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 08:38:41 AM »

I think it was only recently released here in the States.  It's been released in Japan for quite some time.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 08:46:17 AM »

I really didn't enjoy it.  Honestly, I would have liked the demo more if I could control the car using an analog stick.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 09:04:44 AM »

I dunno.  I kind of enjoyed it.  It was different.  Although I still think most motion sensing is just a fad.  I tried Motorstorm as well with the motion control and found I'd rather use the analog stick.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 10:14:57 AM »

I think it's a fad too.  Until the day where motion controls are position accurate and have some form of feedback, all they really are is just another type of button.

I'd rather have a more advanced rumble like the new TouchSense tech.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 11:24:05 AM »

i downloaded and played the demo,but i really didnt like it...yup,the controls..they werent as bad as Warhawk when on the motion part,but still.....and i found it to be a bit of a rip off from Mad Tracks thats on xbox live arcade,which funnily enough i love(thats why i tried toy home

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 02:51:27 PM »

I didn't care for it too much myself.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 03:03:07 PM »

Well it ain't Gran Turismo but it is kind of a neat distraction.  Only 10 bucks.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2007, 04:30:36 AM »

Well I ended up buying this yesterday.  I had a friend over and was showing him some of the games for it.  We played a little of Toy Home demo.  We both tried the single player portion once and then we tried the multiplayer- God DAMN that multiplayer is fun as HELL!!!  I bought the full game online right away. It's like Mario Kart but with no actual race! The whole point to the multiplayer game is to race around collecting all these coins.  You can also collect special power ups which give you abilities (crayon homing missiles, proximity homing bombs, spring jump, invisible, 20 ton weight that you can drop on people.  If you run into the other players or hit them with missles or bomb or what not, they'll lose a lot of the coins that they've collected and you can race around and steal them.  For 10 bucks it's a fantastic party game.  I've never had so much fun before-it was fantastic!
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2007, 08:38:01 AM »

Sorry for being lazy, but is the MP online?  Any other options?

TheMissingLink on PSN
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2007, 08:51:57 AM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on December 22, 2007, 08:38:01 AM

Sorry for being lazy, but is the MP online?  Any other options?

It has 8 tracks, and 8-player online capability although I haven't tried online yet-just splitscreen multiplayer.  Apparently the game has leaderboards as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: