http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 12:08:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PS3] The Last Of Us  (Read 19399 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 25, 2013, 11:53:31 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on June 25, 2013, 11:50:57 PM

Quote from: ATB on June 25, 2013, 11:26:25 PM

Just got to the part where (25% ish):

Minor spoilers:

Spoiler for Hiden:
You're looking to meet up with Bill. Neat opportunities to explore.  And the part where you're hung upside down is totally awesome.

Good on ya, NaughtyDog.

That was pretty cool but they stole it from
Spoiler for Hiden:
Dead Space 2

Spoiler for Hiden:
If ND made Dead Space it would complete me.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: June 26, 2013, 12:19:38 AM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Actually, the hanging upside down has been in a lot of games.

Naughty Dog making a Silent Hill would complete me.

As for MP, it takes some time to learn. Until you have progressed more, I suggest you use the default 4 classes which include a full loadout. Remember to get armor, and to upgrade your guns or get more ammo at the start of a round. Either having either the weapon upgrade, or more ammo on the start of round upgrades is pretty important as the match progresses and more people get access to armor. More stuff also spawns from each toolbox the later in a match you are, so you'll need the firepower to overcome those upgrades and all the extra items thrown your way.

Staying together is paramount, try to stay in different cover or 2 to a cover, but within easy distance to revive. Staying behind cover also has the benefit of if you get Downed, they can't shoot you without advancing.

Keep someone watching the rear, and mark targets so you can get a good count of who is where. It helps against people who are sneaking around, but also helps anyone who is moving to flank.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 01:41:04 AM by Turtle » Logged
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 26, 2013, 01:27:23 AM »

Darn Gone Gold effect! My town is completely sold out!

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 27, 2013, 01:36:48 AM »

Not sure if this was earlier in the thread (trying to avoid spoilers), but I can't play this.

Like, it's actually literally broken. I get about five minutes in, and there's a section where I get either a clipping error and fall through the map and have to quit, or about half a second of cutscene and then a "Loading 0.00%" screen that never changes.

So mad. I'm sure that not everyone is having this issue but it's a damn console game!

So, that's $60 down the drain for five minutes of quality entertainment...

Edit: Great, and when looking for any solution to the problem, I run across a GIANT F'ING SPOILER in a thread title. THANKS INTERNET. GLAD FOR THE HELP.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 01:51:30 AM by Clanwolfer » Logged

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: June 27, 2013, 02:26:39 AM »

Official technical support forums are the best place to go. That or post here first.

Not sure what's causing it. You're literally the first I've heard of such errors.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 27, 2013, 02:39:41 AM »

I experienced a major glitch in the game too.  It might be due to running low on HD space.  I basically lost 5 hours of play and was forced to restart from the beginning.  I saw the "Loading 0.00%" message in the save screen but couldn't save because Save was disabled.  Luckily I didn't have any other issues after I deleted some old game data to make more space.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 27, 2013, 02:40:45 AM »

Quote from: Turtle on June 27, 2013, 02:26:39 AM

Official technical support forums are the best place to go. That or post here first.

Not sure what's causing it. You're literally the first I've heard of such errors.

Yeah, just looked there. There's a twenty-page thread on this stickied to the top and the general advice seems to be that if your PS3's hard drive isn't in tip-top mechanical shape, The Last Of Us won't work - something about their engine just breaks if your HD transfer rate drops. Some people have had success by reformatting, and almost everyone who reports that they've put in a new hard drive say it's fixed the issue. My PS3 is pretty old (not a launch one, but the original big clunky model), so I guess my PS3 is just too worn out to actually play new games now (first time I've had issues like this though - played some Dirt 3 earlier this week without a problem).

I'll try reformatting tomorrow, I guess (since I don't have any saves on the PS3 I still care about), but I am not sinking a single dollar into buying new hardware and opening up my PS3 just to play this game. Oh, and I was dumb enough to buy it on the PSN so I can't even resell the game to partially recoup the cost.

Super, super frustrating.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Questions/Game-stops-working-in-prologue-Game-breaking-bug-that-isn-t/td-p/40664625/page/20

Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 27, 2013, 02:41:26 AM »

Quote from: skystride on June 27, 2013, 02:39:41 AM

I experienced a major glitch in the game too.  It might be due to running low on HD space.  I basically lost 5 hours of play and was forced to restart from the beginning.  I saw the "Loading 0.00%" message in the save screen but couldn't save because Save was disabled.  Luckily I didn't have any other issues after I deleted some old game data to make more space.

How much space is enough? I have 20GB+ free after the install.

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 27, 2013, 02:49:39 AM »

Quote from: Clanwolfer on June 27, 2013, 02:41:26 AM

Quote from: skystride on June 27, 2013, 02:39:41 AM

How much space is enough? I have 20GB+ free after the install.

That should be more than enough.  I was probably down to 1GB.  There was no warning about low space though, I am just making an assumption of what might have caused the problem.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 27, 2013, 12:44:50 PM »

Yeah, one of my fears is that the PS3 is going to up and die on me before I finish the couple of games I have left to play on it.

Back OT: Ellie is spunky!
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 27, 2013, 01:03:42 PM »

Okay, reformat and reinstall from PSN got me past the broken part. Goodbye, other save games I will never come back to!

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 27, 2013, 04:44:30 PM »

I don't know if the game just wasn't clicking with me in the beginning, but now that I've met

Spoiler for Hiden:
Bill

and the relationship with and personality of

Spoiler for Hiden:
Ellie is starting to be developed

I'm pretty smitten by this.

Can't wait to get back to it.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 27, 2013, 05:42:49 PM »

All of Ellie's jokes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f39mBwbjKIE (obviously SPOILERS)

Some of the comments made me chuckle.. "too soon"

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 27, 2013, 06:58:44 PM »

Quote from: skystride on June 27, 2013, 05:42:49 PM

All of Ellie's jokes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f39mBwbjKIE (obviously SPOILERS)

That's so funny, I didn't encounter those jokes at all in my playthrough.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 27, 2013, 07:36:11 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on June 27, 2013, 06:58:44 PM

I've only heard the first one so far.  It did make me laugh, though.

Spoiler for Hiden:
"No matter how hard you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery. "

Doesn't work as well written down.

I keep waiting for more.  Somehow it wouldn't let me just stand there and listen to them.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 07:38:00 PM by Bullwinkle » Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 27, 2013, 07:41:54 PM »

I think they were Triangle options to extend conversations. 
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 27, 2013, 07:42:31 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on June 27, 2013, 07:36:11 PM

I've only heard the first one so far.  It did make me laugh, though.

Spoiler for Hiden:
"No matter how hard you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery. "

Doesn't work as well written down.

I keep waiting for more.  Somehow it wouldn't let me just stand there and listen to them.

That should be your note to walk up and click triangle to have her say the rest.  At least that's how it was for me.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 27, 2013, 08:00:45 PM »

I was walking all around her, hoping she had more.  When nothing appeared or happened, I just assumed more would come later.

I'm bummed that I missed these.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #258 on: June 27, 2013, 08:00:57 PM »

The jokes only happen at very specific times during the game, you have to talk to her when she has a triangle over her head, and that triangle only appears after she's been idle in a specific location for a while. There are five points in the game where you can hear the jokes, and catching them all actually nets you a trophy.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 27, 2013, 08:21:48 PM »

I'm guessing if you miss the first one (where she reveals she has the book) you can't get any of the others, because I definitely did some of those things (like the part in the hotel) and didn't get the jokes.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: June 27, 2013, 08:56:51 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on June 27, 2013, 08:21:48 PM

I'm guessing if you miss the first one (where she reveals she has the book) you can't get any of the others, because I definitely did some of those things (like the part in the hotel) and didn't get the jokes.

I missed the first one and still got the last one, so no.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 27, 2013, 09:50:29 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on June 27, 2013, 08:56:51 PM

Quote from: Teggy on June 27, 2013, 08:21:48 PM

I missed the first one and still got the last one, so no.

Huh, weird - one of those I did exactly what was in the video and didn't get the jokes.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 27, 2013, 10:26:02 PM »

25% in question:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Where is the safe?  You find a note with the combination...i went back through the town but couldn't find it...
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 27, 2013, 10:30:18 PM »

Quote from: ATB on June 27, 2013, 10:26:02 PM

25% in question:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Where is the safe?  You find a note with the combination...i went back through the town but couldn't find it...

Hint Level 1
Spoiler for Hiden:
You're looking too far away.

Hint Level 2
Spoiler for Hiden:
Try looking in the same building you found the note.

Hint Level 3
Spoiler for Hiden:
If you're in a neighborhood, which I think is where you're at, the note was on the highest floor of the house, right?  The safe is one floor down from there.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 27, 2013, 11:52:15 PM »

More end of game spoilers:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I've read some articles that you had a choice of what to do in the operating room.  I only shot the first surgeon, but not the other two.  I guess you can kill all or none or whatever.  What did you guys do?

Also, how much time did you spend just looking out at the giraffe vista?  I watched long after they had gone and just panned around.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 28, 2013, 12:17:20 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on June 27, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
I've read some articles that you had a choice of what to do in the operating room.  I only shot the first surgeon, but not the other two.  I guess you can kill all or none or whatever.  What did you guys do?

Also, how much time did you spend just looking out at the giraffe vista?  I watched long after they had gone and just panned around.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I assumed they would move aside when I held a gun to them, but when I got close to the table, Joel took the scalpel from the guy in the middle and stabbed him in the neck. The other two guys just stood there as I picked Ellie up and took her out of the room.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 28, 2013, 01:11:03 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on June 28, 2013, 12:17:20 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I assumed they would move aside when I held a gun to them, but when I got close to the table, Joel took the scalpel from the guy in the middle and stabbed him in the neck. The other two guys just stood there as I picked Ellie up and took her out of the room.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I didn't even know that was an option!  I wonder if you shoot him in the leg or something if he drops the scalpel?
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: June 28, 2013, 02:43:56 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on June 28, 2013, 01:11:03 AM

Quote from: Teggy on June 28, 2013, 12:17:20 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I didn't even know that was an option!  I wonder if you shoot him in the leg or something if he drops the scalpel?

Spoiler for Hiden:
I threw a brick at his head.  It shattered and he didn't seem to mind.  Realizing I was dealing with Superman I took my chances with my gun.  ninja
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 28, 2013, 04:29:57 AM »

I don't think there's been a game where I've felt emotionally attached until this game.  WOW.  I'm about 3/4's done, and I'm eager to play more to see what happens, but I think I've jumped and yelled enough for the night that I need a break.  My wife is cracking up how many times I screamed.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: June 28, 2013, 05:44:51 AM »

Yeah, the game can get really stressful, both in terms of action, and in terms of story. I played this one over the course of a week.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 28, 2013, 12:46:18 PM »

Quote from: naednek on June 28, 2013, 04:29:57 AM

I don't think there's been a game where I've felt emotionally attached until this game.  WOW.  I'm about 3/4's done, and I'm eager to play more to see what happens, but I think I've jumped and yelled enough for the night that I need a break.  My wife is cracking up how many times I screamed.

Did you play Walking Dead?
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 28, 2013, 01:54:07 PM »

Quote from: ATB on June 28, 2013, 12:46:18 PM

yes, but not all of it.  Didn't feel attached that's for sure.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 28, 2013, 02:14:27 PM »

Quote from: naednek on June 28, 2013, 01:54:07 PM

Quote from: ATB on June 28, 2013, 12:46:18 PM

yes, but not all of it.  Didn't feel attached that's for sure.

Last of Us certainly does an excellent job of feeling attached to the characters, but I'm surprised to see you say you did not feel attached to TWD.  People were going out into the streets and punching strangers to protect Clem's honor!
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 29, 2013, 04:04:01 PM »

So, I tried again to play it, and that lasted all of 10 minutes until I quit in frustration - Does the sneaking become easier, or am I just incredibly hopeless at this game? Trying to sneak past some soldiers in the rain and I have no idea what to do, other than I was told to distract them - Tried telling jokes - No luck. Tried throwing a brick, helped for 2 seconds and that was it.

A new one
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: June 29, 2013, 04:09:11 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 29, 2013, 04:04:01 PM

So, I tried again to play it, and that lasted all of 10 minutes until I quit in frustration - Does the sneaking become easier, or am I just incredibly hopeless at this game? Trying to sneak past some soldiers in the rain and I have no idea what to do, other than I was told to distract them - Tried telling jokes - No luck. Tried throwing a brick, helped for 2 seconds and that was it.
Make sure you are moving slowly when you get close to them.  If you rush they will hear your footsteps.  Distracting isnít required unless they are currently facing the direction you are coming from.  Unless there is a bit group of them I generally found it better to just stealth kill everyone instead of trying to completely avoid though.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 29, 2013, 04:11:35 PM »

Quote from: Lordnine on June 29, 2013, 04:09:11 PM

Quote from: Razgon on June 29, 2013, 04:04:01 PM

Make sure you are moving slowly when you get close to them.  If you rush they will hear your footsteps.  Distracting isnít required unless they are currently facing the direction you are coming from.  Unless there is a bit group of them I generally found it better to just stealth kill everyone instead of trying to completely avoid though.

The part you are talking about in the rain they game gives you multiple clues about what to do.  Either avoid their light beams or take the lead of the NPCs, they pretty much go where you're supposed to go.  You don't need to distract any guards there and you can get through without killing anyone.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 29, 2013, 04:36:17 PM »

Thanks guys - I'll give that a try later on. As for clues - I'm specifically told to distract the guards, but I'll see if its possible to just sneak past them, even though I've tried 6 times in a row.

A new one
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 29, 2013, 08:58:52 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 29, 2013, 04:36:17 PM

Thanks guys - I'll give that a try later on. As for clues - I'm specifically told to distract the guards, but I'll see if its possible to just sneak past them, even though I've tried 6 times in a row.

There was one part where there was a room with like 7 or 8 soldiers with all interweaving paths. I stealth killed like the first 3 and just could not figure out how to get past the rest so I just ran through them.

That's always an option (crappy as it may be) and that was early in the game...the rest of the game play is largely similar (but without so many enemies at once from what I've seen) and wears thin after a while.

That said, it's a damn fine game overall.  Can't wait to see where it takes me.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: June 29, 2013, 10:40:18 PM »

Straight up running is a valid option, just make sure you have a clear shot to the exit if they have guns.

I mean, it's a zombie game, running or sneaking are the two preferred methods.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 29, 2013, 11:09:37 PM »

fwiw I found that you can pretty much stealth kill everyone in an area.  I mainly thinned out the herd with stealth and then tried to melee the rest.  There were only a couple of places I can think of where you have to stand up and fight.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: