http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 08:59:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PS3] Price cut in October?  (Read 868 times)
Jancelot
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2007, 04:53:21 PM »

So say CNN analysts.

GamingNexus Summary:
Price drop for PlayStation 3 in October? - posted by John - 4/4/2007 3:13:00 PMSo says Goldman Sachs in thos CNN article.  They think that Sony will cut the price by $100 in October. It's still a tad too expensive at $499 but a lot more reasonable especially when you compare it to the 360 Elite. March might see a reduction in production costs with the machine so a $100 price drop isn't out of the question. Of course, Microsoft can easily drop their console price to counteract Sony's move.

It's definitely a nice reduction if there is any merit to it at all.  Another $100 after that and I'll be tempted to pick one up.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 04:56:13 PM »

the problem is that this is an Analyst from Goldman Sachs talking out his ass. Frankly, don't expect to a see a PS3 price drop for at least a whole year if not longer. All you need to look at is the PSP to see that they won't be dropping price.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 05:02:02 PM »

Does anyone even listen to these 'analysts' any more? They were going on and on about a PSP price drop and redesign ALL last year, and it never happened. Then when they stopped predicting the price drops, Sony went ahead and did it this month.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 06:37:49 PM »

does anyone know if there is gonna be a price cut on the 360 core and premium when the elite is released?

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 06:49:10 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 06, 2007, 06:37:49 PM

does anyone know if there is gonna be a price cut on the 360 core and premium when the elite is released?

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 07:52:37 PM »

If they're replacing the premium with the elite version in the fall, I don't think there's any chance it will less than $400.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 01:36:01 AM »

PS3 bundles are in at Costco, and after nearly a week, my local Costco has sold exactly:   *1* unit

Anyone that knows the traffic a Costco store generates in a single day, with their big pallet of PS3's almost blocking the main isle.  Well, that doesn't bode well for their introductory price on their bundle.. Sony is way way out of the ballpark on what most people will spend.  But hey, there was one guy out there that thought it was a good deal I guess.   slywink

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 01:55:38 AM »

So what are the price and contents of the PS3 bundle at Costco?

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 03:39:56 AM »

Quote from: EddieA on April 06, 2007, 07:52:37 PM

If they're replacing the premium with the elite version in the fall, I don't think there's any chance it will less than $400.

It's not being replaced - there'll be three versions in the market:  Core, Premium, and Elite.  No price cuts have been announced.
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 04:02:54 AM »

Quote from: JCC on April 08, 2007, 01:55:38 AM

So what are the price and contents of the PS3 bundle at Costco?

The bundle is $699.00 and includes:

Playstation 3 60GB Edition
2 Wireless Controllers
Motorstorm Game
Lifetime Refund Policy

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 04:20:54 AM »

Even though it's a $700 bundle at costco, that return policy is the key right there.  Have any problems with the system and you don't have to worry about hassling sony for a replacement, just take it to costco and get a new one.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 05:38:32 AM »

"It's not being replaced - there'll be three versions in the market:  Core, Premium, and Elite."
I thought that was only going to be until the fall, when the Elite model would become the Premium, presumably at $400.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2007, 05:43:05 AM »

Quote from: Turtle on April 08, 2007, 04:20:54 AM

Even though it's a $700 bundle at costco, that return policy is the key right there.  Have any problems with the system and you don't have to worry about hassling sony for a replacement, just take it to costco and get a new one.

That's why I (sorta) got mine there.

gellar
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2007, 05:49:04 AM »

Quote from: EddieA on April 08, 2007, 05:38:32 AM

"It's not being replaced - there'll be three versions in the market:  Core, Premium, and Elite."
I thought that was only going to be until the fall, when the Elite model would become the Premium, presumably at $400.

That was just rumor before the Elite was announced- that it was going to be a limited edition for the summer and then would morph into the Premium version in the fall.  However the official announcement from MS has made zero indication that it's limited in anyway nor announced any plans for future changes to the line.  So, officially, there are three SKUs as of the end of April for the forseeable future. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: