http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 04:30:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [ps3] Metal Gear Solid 4 - 15 min. full trailer out!  (Read 534 times)
TheMissingLink
Gaming Trend Senior Member

TML, for short.

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2006, 05:41:26 PM »

Thank you GAF.

Here's a link to their discussion of what everything means.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97730&page=9

And here's the link to just the audio portion in this podcast:

http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=7F246C0C5DBA94A9

Basically, some insider was able to get 90 seconds from the trailer.  Of course, it was all in Japanese, but an English translation has been posted:

http://www.blog.konami.jp/gs/hideoblog_e/2006/05/001622.html

Spoiler for Hiden:
Snake: War has changed.

Snake: Our time has ended.

Snake: Our war is over.

Campbell: Since the Manhattan incident, restrictions on military intervention in foreign countries have eased, fueling demand for mercenaries.

Campbell: Today, the world's wars depend largely on PMCs, private military companies whose business includes supplying these mercenaries.

Campbell: PMCs have become a serious threat to the world.

Snake: The U.S. has exported too much of its military power. Now she's paying the price.

Campbell: In total, they've got enough manpower to rival the U.S. military.

Campbell: Based on our investigation, the five largest PMCs are run by a dummy corporation, which acts as a single mother company.

Snake: And the mother company...?

Campbell: Outer Heaven.

Snake: The one world in which soldiers will always have a place....

(Whoa!)

Hmmmm, not familiar with Outer Heaven really at all.  I believe it was the location of either MGS1 or MGS2 (on the Subsistence second disc).  Gotta play through that to get an idea of what's going on, anyway.  Guess I'll run through MGS on the PSX to get back into that storyline, as well.

Metal Gear Solid trailers have always been standouts at E3 - I'm positive this trailer will be no different!

TheMissingLink on PSN
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 04:54:05 PM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
Hmmmm, not familiar with Outer Heaven really at all.  I believe it was the location of either MGS1 or MGS2 (on the Subsistence second disc).  Gotta play through that to get an idea of what's going on, anyway.  Guess I'll run through MGS on the PSX to get back into that storyline, as well.

Metal Gear Solid trailers have always been standouts at E3 - I'm positive this trailer will be no different!

You can get a fairly detailed summary of MG1&2 in the extras content in both MGS1 and MGS:TTS.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 05:43:20 PM »

Outer Heaven was the original country I think in Africa created by Big Boss for him and his team to work out of. As the audio says, it was created as a haven for ex-military soldiers, I believe.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 03:14:07 AM »

"Now it's my turn to protect you, Snake."

Raiden is officially a badass.

Video from the Sony Conference can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXYM-xQViXs

and downloaded here:

http://www.w1n9zr0.deltaanime.net/metalgearsolid4e3.divx

TheMissingLink on PSN
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 03:19:53 AM »

"Now it's my turn to protect you, Snake."

Raiden is officially a badass.

Video from the Sony Conference can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXYM-xQViXs

and downloaded here:

http://www.w1n9zr0.deltaanime.net/metalgearsolid4e3.divx

Have fun paying $600 to play it.

biggrin
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 03:21:27 AM »

it almost justifies the whole purchase...

however, I think we all know that we'll get MGS4: INSISTENCE THAT YOU BUY AND UPGRADED VERSION on the 360.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 03:59:57 AM »

See, I have absolutely no idea what any of you guys are talking about when you talk MGS plot ... but it all sounds so cool, which is why I'll be picking up the games next.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 04:29:20 AM »

Can someone please wake me up when they show some gameplay footage?  Oh wait this is MGS, I forgot, this is the game you watch!  jk... Seriously though, I want to see some actual gameplay footage.  I want to know why I should spend $600.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 04:40:48 AM »

You'll probably see some in the real trailer, rumored to be around 13 minutes long, that'll be shown tomorrow when Konami shows their stuff.

TheMissingLink on PSN
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 07:37:11 AM »

I wrote "probably" but I'll go ahead and change it to "bet on" because in the last two MGS games, their E3 trailers have shown gameplay.

The direct-feed video on GameTrailer's makes the game look ever better.

TheMissingLink on PSN
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 11:07:06 PM »

I've got to give you credit, TML:  At least you're not a Halo fanboy!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 08:23:32 PM »

Holy shit.

Full 15-minute trailer is up.

If any game justified purchased of a console worth $600, this is it.  Looks incredible.

Doesn't show gameplay, but like usual, cutscene's using the engine are used.  Few interesting points:

- At one point in the trailer, Snake's camo totally blends in with the environment around him.  Can't imagine that won't be in the game...looks like we may have a solution to going into menu's to change your camo slywink

- THE BOX!  That was great!

- I hope Raiden's playable on the online portion of the game biggrin biggrin biggrin

- I love, LOVE the setting and tone of this game.  This seems like a *perfect* ending to a saga.

TheMissingLink on PSN
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 08:46:18 PM »

Holy shit.

If any game justified purchased of a console worth $600, this is it.  Looks incredible.

Doesn't show gameplay, but like usual, cutscene's using the engine are used.  Few interesting points:

- At one point in the trailer, Snake's camo totally blends in with the environment around him.  Can't imagine that won't be in the game...looks like we may have a solution to going into menu's to change your camo slywink

- I hope Raiden's playable on the online portion of the game biggrin biggrin biggrin

- I love, LOVE the setting and tone of this game.  This seems like a *perfect* ending to a saga.

Unless I'm missing something obvious, that post lives up to your name.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 11:21:49 PM »

Quote from: "kathode"

Well, since he didn't give any links, I will. biggrin

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/e3_2006/ - Konami's official site (pretty much overloaded right now)

http://www.steamreview.org/external/mgs4_e3_2006_eng.wmv.torrent - A torrent you can download of the trailer

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 09:32:24 AM »

Quote from: "kathode"
Holy shit.

:lol:

My bad.  Destructor's got my back!

TheMissingLink on PSN
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 10:34:40 AM »

Whoah, I really like that they've done to the MGS series in this one.

The shot of snake with his gun was just heartbreaking, and it really looks like they mean to end the series in a great, but hearbreaking way.

I definitely like what they made Raiden into, but then again, after seeing him with the sword in MGS2, I was pretty much expecting Raiden to return as such.

I definitely like how they include all the old cast this time.  Colonel, Meryl, Naomi, Otacon, etc... Maybe Mei Ling will even make an appearance.

Also, if they're trying new things they might use the new camera from MGS3S.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 12:52:45 PM »

Quote from: "Turtle"
Also, if they're trying new things they might use the new camera from MGS3S.

Almost a certainty.  I think Kojima stated that MGS3S was in part an experiment in terms of the new camera and the online mode in preparation for MGS4.  And considering the overwhelmingly positive reception to both, I think it's a pretty safe bet we'll get a fully controllable 3D camera.
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 03:24:47 PM »

So wow, I haven't been this excited about a mullet since Joe Dirt smile.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
cingular
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2006, 07:38:03 AM »

Wow!  Now the question, will MGS make Smash Bros Brawl more popular, or will snake in Smash Bros bring more newcomers to MGS?
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2006, 02:43:54 PM »

Quote from: "cingular"
Wow!  Now the question, will MGS make Smash Bros Brawl more popular, or will snake in Smash Bros bring more newcomers to MGS?

It'll keep people from buying the PS3 at all, as their favorite player is now on a much cheaper system. biggrin  :roll:

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2006, 07:11:49 PM »

Call me when I see some actual gameplay and not a 15 minute CGI trailer, kthxbye.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2006, 08:20:05 PM »

Supposedly the CGI uses the in-game engine.  But seriously! SHOW SOME GAMEPLAY!

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2006, 12:49:56 AM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
Call me when I see some actual gameplay and not a 15 minute CGI trailer, kthxbye.

That was in-game footage, not CGI.  Notice the slowdown?  Apparently Hideo didn't want the trailer shown because he was somewhat embarassed at the slowdown present at parts during the trailer...

I'd imagine gameplay wouldn't be drastically different from MGS2/MGS3.  Except, it has been confirmed that the idea of "no place to hide" includes totally real-time destructable terrain, which is exciting, but scares me in terms of how the PS3 is going to handle it...

TheMissingLink on PSN
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2006, 09:30:25 PM »

I think the whole no place to hide thing is that there are less arbitrary hiding places, and Snake will rely on his sneak suit camo to hide himself.

They still need to explain to me why they don't just give Snake one of those predator style stealth suits.

Okay, so new camera, new gameplay, multiplayer, old cast back, and a return to MGS1's storyline?  Count me in.

Er... that's assuming I come into a lot of money and can afford a PS3.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: