http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 03:31:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PS3] Final Fantasy XIII TV ads have started....in Japan  (Read 1963 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2007, 10:51:47 PM »

A commercial started airing on Japanese TV today for.........Final Fantasy XIII for the PS3!  :icon_eek:

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2649

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 11:18:27 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on January 02, 2007, 10:51:47 PM

A commercial started airing on Japanese TV today for.........Final Fantasy XIII for the PS3!  :icon_eek:

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2649

I am sure all IN GAME FOOTAGE too!
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 11:32:07 PM »

please don't react...
please don't react...
please don't react...

please don't bait, we've had enough of these things
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 11:35:01 PM »

Quote from: naednek on January 02, 2007, 11:32:07 PM

please don't react...
please don't react...
please don't react...

React to what? I see nothing worthwhile to react to yet in this thread.

As for the TV spot, it's pretty amazing that they are already advertising this game, since it won't be out until late this year. The game does look very cool though, from the trailers.

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 11:40:40 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on January 02, 2007, 11:35:01 PM

Quote from: naednek on January 02, 2007, 11:32:07 PM

please don't react...
please don't react...
please don't react...

React to what? I see nothing worthwhile to react to yet in this thread.

As for the TV spot, it's pretty amazing that they are already advertising this game, since it won't be out until late this year. The game does look very cool though, from the trailers.

You know when you see on the news that a fire has broke out on a house and the neighbor is spraying down their roof to prevent their house from catching on fire?  Well, that's basically what I was doing.  I already received 2 "mod reports" within mins of your thread being posted.  Each concerned with a potential flame war.  I was trying to prevent it from happening.  I'm sure if there wasn't a warning, there would have been some response either from you or from someone else, and then it just becomes bigger and bigger, and before you know it, the whole neighborhood is on fire.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 11:43:03 PM »

It's about 2 seconds of footage of what might be the game or a cutscene or something.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 11:46:58 PM »

I realize what you were trying to do. No problemo....but it is sad that we have come to this.

Wow, two mod reports on me within minutes for the posting of PS3 news with no commentary or anything from me....impressive.  icon_cool

I'm sorry, is this not the Console Gaming forum? I didn't realize that this was the Xbox 360 only area. I do believe that PS3/Wii/360/PS2/Atari 2600 topics are all allowed here. Am I right? If not, humbly accept my apologies and I bid you......good day.

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 11:55:51 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on January 02, 2007, 11:46:58 PM

I realize what you were trying to do. No problemo....but it is sad that we have come to this.

Wow, two mod reports on me within minutes for the posting of PS3 news with no commentary or anything from me....impressive.  icon_cool

I'm sorry, is this not the Console Gaming forum? I didn't realize that this was the Xbox 360 only area. I do believe that PS3/Wii/360/PS2/Atari 2600 topics are all allowed here. Am I right? If not, humbly accept my apologies and I bid you......good day.

Look, we all know in the last few months there's been a lot of heated topics between the various consoles.  Many of the these involve you, Calvin, and others on either side of the fence.  What you posted in this thread was perfectly fine.  The reports I received were concerned with Calvin's response assuming it was trying to bait you to "blow up".  I don't know if that was his intentions, but it could easily have been taken that way.  Since I received these reports in a quick amount of time, I felt I should make a preventive warning, that way this thread doesn't get off track (now that's too late it seems).  I wasn't fingerpointing at you or Calvin, it was a general warning to not let this thread become one of those threads that will ultimately get locked.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 12:01:36 AM »

Its clearly cutscene.  What is your point Calvin?  This sort of baiting isn't good for anyone.  I was hoping this bitching back and forth between you and Hetz would have stopped while I was on vacation.  In case you haven't figured it out, you were in the wrong on this one Cal.  If we can't have a conversation that doesn't involve people baiting eachother I'm gonna seperate some folks from the forum for a while.  I've already gotten PMs from folks who are threatening to leave the site permanently over this.  I won't tolerate it.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 12:26:56 AM »

Quote from: naednek on January 02, 2007, 11:55:51 PM

Quote from: Hetz on January 02, 2007, 11:46:58 PM

Look, we all know in the last few months there's been a lot of heated topics between the various consoles.  Many of the these involve you, Calvin, and others on either side of the fence.  What you posted in this thread was perfectly fine.  The reports I received were concerned with Calvin's response assuming it was trying to bait you to "blow up".  I don't know if that was his intentions, but it could easily have been taken that way.  Since I received these reports in a quick amount of time, I felt I should make a preventive warning, that way this thread doesn't get off track (now that's too late it seems).  I wasn't fingerpointing at you or Calvin, it was a general warning to not let this thread become one of those threads that will ultimately get locked.

Ahh...I see.

Sorry, I thought the reports you got were on me for posting the thread, or something like that. I couldn't understand why that would be, so thanks for clearing that up.  icon_smile

I am sorry to the entire forum for putting you all through this. I honestly don't go looking for fights. I get excited about consoles/games/life whatever...and I tend to post in a manner that shows my enthusiasm for my hobby. I don't go into XBox threads and crap all over them saying "PS3 RULZ DOODS!!!" or that the system sucks, in fact I think the 360 is a great system. I try and just be positive about the PS3 or whatever my thread is about. I do get negative sometimes, but it's 95% of the time after I have been pounded over and over again with negativity from 'the other side', so I lash out. It's a personal failing of mine and I am sorry. I will try and do better.

WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 01:04:33 AM »

I've never really been a fan of Final Fantasy games, but their CGI has always really impressed me.

Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 01:07:00 AM »

You know, given the great and fanciful stories their games always have, and even how wild Advent Children was, I seriously wonder sometimes why Square went and made such a bland movie for "The Spirits Within". icon_neutral

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 01:15:21 AM »

With Spirits Within, I think they were trying to appeal to non-FF fans, and ended up appealing to almost nobody.  The second-rate translation didn't help either, which was especially odd since their games released around that time had much better translations.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 01:16:19 AM »

Quote from: Farscry on January 03, 2007, 01:07:00 AM

You know, given the great and fanciful stories their games always have, and even how wild Advent Children was, I seriously wonder sometimes why Square went and made such a bland movie for "The Spirits Within". icon_neutral

Yeah, I couldn't believe how bland the story was for Spirits Within. I think the main problem with the movie was that it wasn't a Fantasy, but a Sci-Fi story. That really killed it for me.

Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 01:22:40 AM »

Is the late 2007 release Japan only, or all regions?
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 01:24:43 AM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on January 03, 2007, 01:22:40 AM

Is the late 2007 release Japan only, or all regions?

Probably just Japan, judging on past FF games....but you never know....if Sony is desperate enough, we may see it here next Winter. I would at the very least expect a demo on the PS Store this year in the USA.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 01:25:56 AM »

OK, the commercial was just 'meh' but the E3 footage on the same page blew my mind.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2007, 01:39:26 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 03, 2007, 01:25:56 AM

OK, the commercial was just 'meh' but the E3 footage on the same page blew my mind.

Yeah, the E3 trailer is really incredible. I love the battle sequences. They look awesome.

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2007, 01:50:48 AM »

Will this be out for the Wii or 360?    crybaby

If not I will not watch the link.  I won't think about the game, I won't drool over it, I will pretend it doesn't exist.

I am just not going to buy a PS3.  I don't know what made me decide that, but at some point with all the hype I just got tired of Sony.  It was clear they were not out to help gamers but to get a Bluray player in every home.  Well I don't have an HDTV so I really don't give a hoot about Blueray, or HD-DVD. 

The sad part of that is that they are dragging one of my favorite franchises along with them. 

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2007, 02:40:43 AM »

Quote from: farley2k on January 03, 2007, 01:50:48 AM

Will this be out for the Wii or 360?    crybaby

If not I will not watch the link.  I won't think about the game, I won't drool over it, I will pretend it doesn't exist.

I am just not going to buy a PS3.  I don't know what made me decide that, but at some point with all the hype I just got tired of Sony.  It was clear they were not out to help gamers but to get a Bluray player in every home.  Well I don't have an HDTV so I really don't give a hoot about Blueray, or HD-DVD. 

The sad part of that is that they are dragging one of my favorite franchises along with them. 

Sadly there hasn't been a 2nd console announcement or a PC announcement.  What I like about the E3 footage (It's still on my desktop) is that you can clearly see the non-cgi stuff and it looks AMAZING.  Between this and White Night (I think that was the name), RPGs are lookin' pretty!

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2007, 03:27:44 AM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on January 03, 2007, 02:40:43 AM

Between this and White Night (I think that was the name), RPGs are lookin' pretty!

White Knight Story.  It's on my list of must haves for the PS3.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2007, 03:31:38 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 03, 2007, 03:27:44 AM

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on January 03, 2007, 02:40:43 AM

Between this and White Night (I think that was the name), RPGs are lookin' pretty!

White Knight Story.  It's on my list of must haves for the PS3.

For sure. White Knight Story at TGS was the game that finally tipped me over the edge and made me want to get a PS3.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 05:01:07 AM by Hetz » Logged

WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2007, 03:39:46 AM »

The graphics in that White Knight video are pretty damn impressive, but the game looks boring to me.  (yes, I am not much of an RPGer)

Samurai
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2007, 04:13:16 AM »

The RPGS would be what would eventually lead me to purchasing a PS3.

Key word being eventually. I'll wait until I can get it for at least 100 off, however long that may be.

Welcome to the Bovine.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2007, 06:36:53 AM »

Gamespy has a bunch of new screenshots, but they're still all from the one sequence from the first trailer.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2007, 03:10:06 PM »

There are a bunch of new pics this week in Japanese magazines....

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2007, 03:13:46 PM »

I love this pic as well....which shows the battle system.

raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2007, 03:18:21 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on January 03, 2007, 12:26:56 AM

I am sorry to the entire forum for putting you all through this. I honestly don't go looking for fights. I get excited about consoles/games/life whatever...and I tend to post in a manner that shows my enthusiasm for my hobby. I don't go into XBox threads and crap all over them saying "PS3 RULZ DOODS!!!" or that the system sucks, in fact I think the 360 is a great system. I try and just be positive about the PS3 or whatever my thread is about.

I think part of the problem is that while it is public knowledge that you own all three next gen consoles you have of late only really been excited about the PS3. Are the upcoming 360 and Wii titles not exciting enough for you? If not I'd gladly take that Wii off your hands smile.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2007, 03:27:42 PM »

Quote from: raydude on January 03, 2007, 03:18:21 PM

Quote from: Hetz on January 03, 2007, 12:26:56 AM

I am sorry to the entire forum for putting you all through this. I honestly don't go looking for fights. I get excited about consoles/games/life whatever...and I tend to post in a manner that shows my enthusiasm for my hobby. I don't go into XBox threads and crap all over them saying "PS3 RULZ DOODS!!!" or that the system sucks, in fact I think the 360 is a great system. I try and just be positive about the PS3 or whatever my thread is about.

I think part of the problem is that while it is public knowledge that you own all three next gen consoles you have of late only really been excited about the PS3. Are the upcoming 360 and Wii titles not exciting enough for you? If not I'd gladly take that Wii off your hands smile.

Being excited about the PS3 is part of the problem? I don't understand why that pisses people off so much...but that is for them to deal with. Honestly, after seeing what the PS3 is capable of....the 360 doesn't excite me as much anymore. That doesn't mean I don't really like some of the games though and it also doesn't mean that there are not very impressive games coming for the 360. It just means I am not ga-ga over the 360, which makes some people upset, I guess.

I am very excited by Mass Effect for the 360. There are a couple other games as well that I am really interested in that are only for the 360 right now. In fact, I listed Mass Effect in my post on what games I was most looking forward to in 2007. The Wii, well I am looking forward to Super Mario Galaxy and of course all the Virtual Console games that will be coming.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 03:33:04 PM by Hetz » Logged

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2007, 03:48:16 PM »

Hetz,
My main problem with alot of your posts are that they all talk about games that are being released in Japan.  Motorstorm, Tekken, and FF13 are all not even available in the United States yet.  I am all for hyping the PS3. (Lord knows it needs it)  But at least hype games that I actually have a chance of playing in the next month if I were to buy a PS3.  It just seems like you are reaching a little bit.

I was in Best Buy yesterday and was actually considering using some BB gift cards towards a PS3.  But in the end I decided to get a second 360 for same room multplayer Gears and Rainbow 6 etc.  I just felt that I would get more bang for my buck playing head to head and co-op 360 games with my wife and people who come over than I would out of a PS3 for the next year or so. 

I picked up a second 360, Gears, R6 Vegas, and a 12 month Live subscription all for the same price as a 60 gig PS3.  The wife and I were up until 1am last night playing the coop Gears campaign accross Xbox Live.   
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 04:29:11 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2007, 04:11:57 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on January 03, 2007, 03:48:16 PM

Hetz,
My main problem with alot of your posts are that they all talk about games that are being released in Japan.  Motorstorm, Tekken, and FF13 are all not even available in the United States yet.  I am all for hyping the PS3. (Lord knows it needs it)  But at least hype games that I actually have a chance of playing in the next month if I were to buy a PS3.  It just seems like you are reaching a little bit.

Motorstorm and Tekken are playable right now on a USA PS3. They both feature nearly 100% english text. They are fully playable and available easily for USA PS3's. I have both of them...am I supposed to shut up about them, when they are available to anyone in the US and are being played by a ton of people right now (at least Tekken is, judging from various forums since it is so easy to get)? Heck even the full real USA versions will be out in the next month or two anyway. Is that really reaching? March is going to see a ton of great exclusives for the PS3, like Lair, Motorstorm and Heavenly Sword.

Final Fantasy XIII and White Knight Story both look so amazing, people should be excited for them now. Are we supposed to pretend that Mass Effect and Halo 3 don't exist for the 360, until 1 month before they are out in stores?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 04:14:29 PM by Hetz » Logged

StitchJones
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2007, 04:14:08 PM »

I agree that right now you get more bang for the buck with the 360, but games like FFXIII are why I WILL get a PS# at some point this year.  Probably around June or so.

FFXIII, White Night Story, Metal Gear, Gran Turismo, Devil May Cry4, and a TON of good RPG's guarentee I will get a PS3 at some point this year.  i don't see the price dropping anytime soon.  At least two years before a price drop.  You may find some pretty good bundles later this year though like you did with the 360.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2007, 04:26:58 PM »

Quote from: StitchJones on January 03, 2007, 04:14:08 PM

I agree that right now you get more bang for the buck with the 360, but games like FFXIII are why I WILL get a PS# at some point this year.  Probably around June or so.

FFXIII, White Night Story, Metal Gear, Gran Turismo, Devil May Cry4, and a TON of good RPG's guarentee I will get a PS3 at some point this year.  i don't see the price dropping anytime soon.  At least two years before a price drop.  You may find some pretty good bundles later this year though like you did with the 360.

With the possible exception of DMC 4 I don't see any of those games coming out in the US until at least mid 2008 though.  I would be surprised if Metal Gear and Gran Tourismo come out before Christmas of 08.  But I guess time will tell.  I'll wait until they are actually available in the US before I consider a PS3.

Hell Oblivion has been out on other platforms for 8 months and the PS3 version STILL got delayed past launch.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 04:32:04 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2007, 04:36:39 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on January 03, 2007, 04:26:58 PM

With the possible exception of DMC 4 I don't see any of those games coming out in the US until at least mid 2008 though.  I would be surprised if Metal Gear and Gran Tourismo come out before Christmas of 08.  But I guess time will tell.  I'll wait until they are actually available in the US before I consider a PS3.

MGS4 is currently scheduled for the end of '07 though it might be delayed of course.  However, Metal Gear is a US-first series so there isn't the accustomed Japan to US several month delay involved.  MGS2&3 and Portable Ops were all released first over here (don't know about MGS1). 
StitchJones
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2007, 04:44:21 PM »

Hell Oblivion has been out on other platforms for 8 months and the PS3 version STILL got delayed past launch.

This is true.  Though Heavenly Sword, VF5, and Lair all coming out this year and look pretty good.  I already have a 360 and I'm loving it!  now I get to have a PS3 too, so i'll be in gaming heaven for years to come.  For the first time ever i can truly afford to get all the good games for two consoles that I want.  I don't see why so many people are in love with one system or the other.  Why not love and get both and enjoy a bunch f great games?
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2007, 04:49:19 PM »

Quote from: StitchJones on January 03, 2007, 04:44:21 PM

This is true.  Though Heavenly Sword, VF5, and Lair all coming out this year and look pretty good.  I already have a 360 and I'm loving it!  now I get to have a PS3 too, so i'll be in gaming heaven for years to come.  For the first time ever i can truly afford to get all the good games for two consoles that I want.  I don't see why so many people are in love with one system or the other.  Why not love and get both and enjoy a bunch f great games?

Exactly! 

Very well said.

thumbsup

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2007, 04:52:05 PM »

Well, the same thing happened with the 360 version....though I think this time it was a business decision, since I find it hard to believe it would be due to bugs or whatever since they have had forever to work on it. Too few PS3 consoles in homes right now to make it worthwhile for them to release it at launch. So, they waited until March, when there should be many more available.

Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2007, 04:55:15 PM »

Last generation, it was nearly the end of the generation before I snagged an X-Box. There just weren't enough exclusives to warrant a purchase from me until then. This generation, it'll be the PS3 since I've already gone with the 360 and its list of exclusives appeal more to me than the PS3 exclusives. I'd prefer if I could just never grab a PS3, not so much out of hatred for the system as a desire to simply consolidate my hobby. icon_wink

The only reason I'm mentioning this in this thread is because it's slightly derailed anyway, and it's still on-topic because the Final Fantasy series is one of the only two exclusives for the PS3 currently that I love and can't get on the 360 or Wii. The other exclusive is the Gran Turismo series, but Forza is a close enough competitor that I can be happy with that as a substitute.

So that really only leaves Final Fantasy (so far; obviously there'll be new things announced/released in the future), and as much as I like those games, that's not enough to sell me the system.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2007, 04:57:14 PM »

Quote from: StitchJones on January 03, 2007, 04:44:21 PM

Very true.  Which is exactly why I walked into Best Buy yesterday with every intention to buy a PS3. 

But in the end I just thought I would get more enjoyment playing multiplayer with a second 360 in the house instead of a 360 and a PS3.  My wife actually likes Gears co-op better than Wii Sports.  We tried split screen co-op and she hated it.  But each of us on different screens was a blast. Last night she actually asked what other games support co-op over Live.  Just based on that alone I am happy with my decision.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 06:05:55 PM by denoginizer » Logged

StitchJones
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2007, 05:24:06 PM »

One other thing I find about having two competing consoles is that it really does help maximize my gaming dollar in the long run.  Since the 360 came out I have purchased a few games that were not quite worth the price I paid for them, most notably Enchant Arms because I really wanted and HD RPG gaming fix.  Once I have a PS3 I can see my self only purchasing premium titles just because I have so many options.  Thus as time goes on my gaming dollar becomes well spent as I don't buy games for a gaming fix that aren't quite up to par.  Imagine buying Mass Effect 2 whenever that comes out, and then not having to buy some sucky rpg just to get a fix, but getting the next Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest or Mana rpg.  Imagine following up Halo with Metal Gear 4, Gears of War 2 with God of War 3, etc, etc...  Gaming is gonna be great for years to come.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: