http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 06:43:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PS3] All remaining 60GB models on store shelves!  (Read 492 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« on: August 30, 2007, 03:19:04 PM »

In other words, if you want a PS3 with full PS2 backwards compatibility, buy one soon:

Sony elaborated on previous comments made about 60GB PS3 inventory stock on Wednesday, confirming that only retail supply of the $499 machine remains and suggesting that the expected 80GB price drop is imminent.

"We no longer have any inventory in SCEA warehouses. All inventory has been purchased and shipped to retailers," Karraker said.

"We don't have visibility as to if that is on their store shelves or in their warehouses at this time. However, based on inventory reports from our retailers, there is ample supply still left in the channel."

On Tuesday, it was revealed that Sony's online inventory had been fully depleted. In July, after slashing the PS3 price by $100, the company said that the now discontinued 60GB PS3 would be available for several months.

Now the question one everyone's mind though is - will the 80GB model drop down to $499 once the 60GB model is completely gone?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 04:54:11 PM »

i found this out personally after signing up for the card to get the $150 off deal.  as soon as i got approved, they were out.  said they should be getting more in, but i didn't believe them and didn't want to spring for a slightly larger hard drive and a game i might not like.  luckily, there was a sony store (you still get the credit this way) 20 minutes from work with a 60gb in stock. 

good thing i got that one when i did.  even if they drop the 80gb model, i'd rather have the full hardware compatibility instead.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 05:12:08 PM »

yeah im glad i got one too,even if mine is a european one,it didnt turn out to be that gimped of the BC games after all...sad that they are getting rid of them though

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 05:41:34 PM »

I still haven't seen anything out to warrant spending $500+ bucks to play a PS3 game, but that Amazon offer is really tempting.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: