http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 04:29:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Regarding the soon to be released CALL OF DUTY 4 - Which system do YOU plan on buying it for?
I plan on getting the 360 version. - 37 (56.1%)
I plan on getting the PC version. - 14 (21.2%)
Probably BOTH - 2 (3%)
Probably NEITHER - 7 (10.6%)
I don't play multiplayer with you clowns - so my vote is essentially meaningless. - 6 (9.1%)
Total Voters: 66

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] - Call of Duty 4 - Which System  (Read 4224 times)
jersoc
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2007, 07:33:34 PM »

Most games on consoles are locked at 60FPS. It's not bad at all. You want a high frame rate. 360 for sure, for the ease of getting into games quickly with friends. I played the beta and the controls weren't hindered at all. Took a bit to get use to,but I was pwning in no time.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2007, 08:56:16 PM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on October 14, 2007, 10:21:55 AM

Confused by your lack of a PS3 option in the poll you created for "YOU" (the collective us) to let you (Poncho, and just Poncho) know which version of Call of Duty 4 we were buying, I searched GameStop and found that the PS3 game was shipping on the same date. 

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=270115

Also, through further research, I found that according to an individual at IW, the 360 and PS3 versions are identical.

It looks as if the multiplayer for consoles is a max of 16 while the PC is 32.  I may rent the PS3 version for a run-through of the single-player and not worry about the multiplayer, as my PC wouldn't be able to handle it and 16 people running around doesn't really give a great "warfare" vibe. 

I'll probably wait for a price drop and a PC upgrade, though.

Instead of renting the 360 version so you can play multiplayer without a hassle and have offset sticks so you can shoot properly? Sometimes I just DO NOT GET YOU, but you are my boy blue.  icon_wink
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2007, 09:04:50 PM »

rent 360 version.  after the pc demo, it's going into the gamefly queue.  budget screams at a purchase.  i already have assassins creed and mass effect taking up a chunk of my wallet. 

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2007, 09:16:22 PM »

Oh this is a day 1 pc purchase for me Caine, I thought the demo was utterly awesome!
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2007, 12:11:29 AM »

Both versions on day one.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2007, 12:25:22 AM »

Quote from: Thin_J on October 15, 2007, 12:11:29 AM

I know we have talked about this before but I just can't justify it. The plusses of playing on PC for me outweigh the slightly easier time finding MP games and the larger groups of friends. I just cannot justify playing compettive MP shooters on console when I have the PC that can handle it. A rental to play a few rounds with the GT folks sounds like fun though  icon_wink
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2007, 12:54:28 PM »

Like Gellar, I couldn't hack this game on 360. I just couldn't hit a thing.

But, truth be told, the game is far more twitch than I usually like in my tactical FPS games. Aside from the leveling up, I'd rather play TF2 or UT3.

PSN ID: EduardoX
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2007, 02:23:50 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on October 15, 2007, 12:25:22 AM

I know we have talked about this before but I just can't justify it. The plusses of playing on PC for me outweigh the slightly easier time finding MP games and the larger groups of friends. I just cannot justify playing compettive MP shooters on console when I have the PC that can handle it. A rental to play a few rounds with the GT folks sounds like fun though  icon_wink

I'm getting the PC for the eye candy and the fact that I don't plan on touching the MP portion at all.  I played CoD3's MP for all of 30 seconds before deciding it wasn't anything interesting but I've played the first 2 games SP over a few times.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2007, 02:32:04 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 15, 2007, 02:23:50 PM

I played CoD3's MP for all of 30 seconds before deciding it wasn't anything interesting but I've played the first 2 games SP over a few times.

Hmm.  I found CoD3's single player to be very average.  While the MP was the best of the series.

Going by the above post from Metalicorphan I think my PC might not achieve a double digit framerate on CoD4.  icon_biggrin

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2007, 02:36:15 PM »

I was running the demo at a very decent framerate at 11x7 resolution and quite a few of the bells and whistles on.  Game looked very nice.  This is on the following system:

Athlon64 2800
GF6800 128MB
2 GB PC3200

Of course, I still sucked majorly at actually playing it, but it ran very nicely.  I was pleasantly surprised.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2007, 02:41:50 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on October 15, 2007, 02:32:04 PM

Hmm.  I found CoD3's single player to be very average.  While the MP was the best of the series.

I found the single player to be the same way too, which probably colored my perception of the MP.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2007, 04:24:43 PM »

the single player of COD3 was so-so,it had its moments,like when that plane went through the church roof(hmm,or was that medal  of honor?)

the multiplayer,was great i found,and if they just tweaked some things,it could of been the best multiplayer game on the 360

they should of given the German side the Gewehr 43 to counter the Americans Gerand automatic rifle(mainly because those two weapons are my favourites)..but for some reason although the gewehr 43 appeared in all the other call of duty games,they took it out of the multiplayer in this one

more choice of teams would of been good,instead of just america or germany,now i know germany has been the only team to be chosen as the axis side in previos games,but in previous games you could be british and Candian(and prolly another,but i cant remember)

and also,ranked matches were still jiggered,i mean i would sit in a lobby for about 10 minutes waiting for people to join,so in the end whenever i played multiplayer i would just go to a normal War or teamdeathmatch player game.....and didnt rank at all in COD3

another thing is that in player games,the only rooms i found were always playing the same maps....bloody poisson and egar dam...even when the new maps came out and i paid for them,no bastard were playing them!!!

shame,really.......but it was still a good game

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2007, 05:08:54 PM »

not sure if you guys know, but the developer of CoD3 was not Infinity Ward...there's the reason why it was lackluster

I have full faith that CoD4, which is back to Infinity Ward, will completely kick ass
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2007, 05:26:26 PM »

yeah it was treyarch.....as long as COD4 online is better than COD2 online(360 wise)...as cod2 was a bit of a mess as well on the 360,first 6 months were the a lagfest until they finally fixed it...but having played the cod4 beta,i can tell straight away its gonna be one of the best

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2007, 05:40:36 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 15, 2007, 02:23:50 PM

Quote from: Calvin on October 15, 2007, 12:25:22 AM

I'm getting the PC for the eye candy and the fact that I don't plan on touching the MP portion at all.  I played CoD3's MP for all of 30 seconds before deciding it wasn't anything interesting but I've played the first 2 games SP over a few times.

I thought the MP beta on the 360 felt a lot more like a faster paced R6 than a new COD.  You'll be missed on 360 MP CK
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2007, 12:54:27 PM »

I've been playing the PC demo on my aged system (AMD64 3200+) and been pleasantly surprised how fast it runs (even with most eye candy on), IW's PC team did a fine job with the proprietary engine imho.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2007, 02:43:38 AM »

The PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions all look surprisingly similar, but that's not due to one platform being the lead; Infinity Ward personally assured us that development occurred simultaneously on all three platforms, and that there wasn't a base system. With that said, the console similarities end when it comes to textures, lighting and resolutions, because those three areas make the PlayStation 3 version definitely excel over the Xbox 360 SKU.

Emphasis mine.  Will be grabbing it for PS3.

Link to the article below...but it does contain SPOILERS.

TheMissingLink on PSN
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2007, 02:52:36 AM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on October 30, 2007, 02:43:38 AM

The PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions all look surprisingly similar, but that's not due to one platform being the lead; Infinity Ward personally assured us that development occurred simultaneously on all three platforms, and that there wasn't a base system. With that said, the console similarities end when it comes to textures, lighting and resolutions, because those three areas make the PlayStation 3 version definitely excel over the Xbox 360 SKU.

Emphasis mine.  Will be grabbing it for PS3.

Link to the article below...but it does contain SPOILERS.

Well that's a first.

gellar
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2007, 03:50:06 AM »

It is from ONE source, though....so we'll see biggrin

TheMissingLink on PSN
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2007, 03:50:49 AM »

a spoiler for a link?  you so silly TML!

Because I can,
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2007, 01:23:26 PM »

I'm under NDA on this title but I'm sure I can safely say that I am completely blown away.  Some of these missions...just wow.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2007, 01:51:17 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on October 30, 2007, 01:23:26 PM

I'm under NDA on this title but I'm sure I can safely say that I am completely blown away.  Some of these missions...just wow.

Out of curiosity, are you spending the bulk of your time with the 360 version, Ron?

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2007, 03:41:32 PM »

I looked for a COD4 demo on Live marketplace and came up dry.
Is the demo only available for the PC version?
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2007, 03:41:55 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on October 30, 2007, 01:51:17 PM

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on October 30, 2007, 01:23:26 PM

Out of curiosity, are you spending the bulk of your time with the 360 version, Ron?

Yes, but I have all three versions.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2007, 03:48:47 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on October 30, 2007, 03:41:32 PM

I looked for a COD4 demo on Live marketplace and came up dry.
Is the demo only available for the PC version?

There was a multiplayer only beta on the 360 - the beta period ended, so it's no longer available.  The PC demo is part of the single-player campaign.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2007, 05:16:18 PM »

i really cant wait for this to actually get released..i loved the beta,and as Team Fortress 2 was a let down,i am itching for my online addiction.....i wish they kept the COD4 beta going until release date

EDIT:apparently call of duty 4:modern warfare has been given a 10/10 by OXM,despite the short campaign and no online co-op......and for PS3 players,it has also been given a 10/10 by OPM!!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 07:24:19 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2007, 02:59:56 AM »

I really hope they put out a single player demo on the 360 since I didn't get to play the multiplayer beta (and I'd rather try out the single player anyway). 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2007, 03:21:51 PM »

360 all the way, fully paid off my copy last night.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: