http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 02:21:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/360/Ps3] Payday 2  (Read 671 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2013, 06:17:48 PM »

sounds like it is going to be nuttier than the first:

The four-player co-op shooter consists of the original crew from Payday: The Heist – Dallas, Hoxton, Wolf and Chains – as they head to Washington D.C. for an “epic crime spree.”

This time out, the game includes a network called CRIMENET which provides players will contacts which allows them to choose to knock-off convenience stores, plan a kidnapping, pull off some serious cyber-crime or take on various bank vaults. Players can also “run a few political errands.”

As the game and the crew progresses, larger jobs become available with applicable rewards, all tied in to various character customization options and even a gear and weapons crafting system.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 12:43:55 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 06:57:09 PM »

Man, how come this game isn't getting anyone riled up? Sounds like an armed heist simulator. I bet kids are doing robberies all over because of Payday.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 02:09:36 AM »

new preview.

This would all be for nought if the missions themselves didn’t support multiple approaches. I watch the devs play through the tiara-snatch twice – the first time stealthily, the second guns blazing. Both options seem tense and fun. The stealth playthrough sees the robbers case the joint, wandering nonchalantly round the back to peer through windows, count guards and spot security cameras. After koshing a guard unconscious, they creak open a window, zap a camera, and while one quietly busies himself on the safe the other monitors the security feeds to ensure they won’t be disturbed.

This is a disciplined duo, slipping out to the escape vehicle without being tempted by the loot in the next room. Not so much the second time round: pulling on the clown masks straight away, the robbers walk brazenly through the front door. Even this approach requires forethought. Before each mission phase there’s the opportunity to spend your ill-gotten gains on preparatory assets: office plans showing the location of cameras, the combination to security doors that might give you an easier exodus or, as is purchased in this instance, the code to activate the store’s metal shutters, making it harder for police snipers to get a bead.

damn, I kinda want this game.

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 04:46:44 AM »

Good news for Overkill and Starbreeze, this is already profitable based on preorders alone.   thumbsup

Is anybody here getting this one?  I enjoyed the first Payday quite a bit but haven't put money down for the sequel yet. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 05:19:58 AM »

I'm debating myself.  with Ghost Recon Online and a bunch of games hitting a week after Payday 2 hits I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to commit to it.  Too bad they didn't release it in June or July.

Because I can,
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 03:56:27 PM »

engine i was considering picking it up (i thought it was retail, but is it going to be on live arcade as well?)  if i do grab it ill shoot you a pm to see if youre interested in xbox coop
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 09:06:02 PM »

oh also, fps ya?  the first one was, but all ive seen listed for this one is "coop shooter" - didnt move to 3rd person did it?
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 09:32:31 PM »

No, it's all still first person. 

It's also not an XBLA game despite the outdated thread title.  It is a retail game (and downloadable in the usual ways), but for the normal version it's only $40 for console and $30 for PC.

I think if I got it I would end up getting it on Steam so I had my precious mouse and keyboard.  smile

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 03:59:15 AM »

I'm not really into co-op play myself, but I like the concept of the game. Maybe if the single player mode is any good, assuming there is one....

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 07:07:31 PM »

the first game had single player with bots, but it wasn't very fun because the AI was lacking.

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 06:46:29 AM »

Well, after watching more videos I ended up giving in an preordering this on Steam.  I guess I'm a sucker for supporting smaller developers.

I'll let you know how the bots work out this time, since I'm sure I will play quite a bit that way myself.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2013, 07:18:43 AM »

yeah, I'll definitely be interested in how the bots work.  I've seen mention of them from the beta and it did not look promising.

Because I can,
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2013, 05:48:30 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 13, 2013, 07:18:43 AM

yeah, I'll definitely be interested in how the bots work.  I've seen mention of them from the beta and it did not look promising.

The bots are absolutely terrible, they will help you up if you get knocked down, and they will kind of follow you around, and shoot at the police, but that is the extent of what they do. I've tried 4 or 5 missions so far, and in at least two of them one of the bots just stood there, not doing anything. If you get this game, I sincerely advise you to find people to play with.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2013, 12:45:27 AM »

Quote from: Ascendent on August 13, 2013, 05:48:30 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on August 13, 2013, 07:18:43 AM

The bots are absolutely terrible, they will help you up if you get knocked down, and they will kind of follow you around, and shoot at the police, but that is the extent of what they do. I've tried 4 or 5 missions so far, and in at least two of them one of the bots just stood there, not doing anything. If you get this game, I sincerely advise you to find people to play with.

Well that's a real bummer.  icon_frown  I was hoping they would have been improved since the first game. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: