http://gamingtrend.com
February 08, 2016, 11:06:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PS4/XB1/PC] Batman: Arkham Knight (Rocksteady Returns)  (Read 6983 times)
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2015, 11:25:54 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on July 02, 2015, 08:41:08 PM

Quote from: whiteboyskim on July 02, 2015, 08:34:25 PM

SWEETNESS! I'm also still instinctively hitting the L2 when I try to brake, which completely fucks you during a chase/race/driving around.

Their choice of mapping for this one puzzles me. Using L2 for brake/reverse would have been much better than what they're using it for now, which is to have you hold it down to stay in battle mode. My hand gets tired during extended battles due to having to constantly hold this down. They would have been better off making battle mode a toggle and putting it on the square button (PS4) instead of having the braking there. I mean, it's not like you're about to voluntarily and temporarily turn back into driving mode in the middle of a battle, so why force us to hold down the button?

Quote from: forgeforsaken on July 02, 2015, 09:32:11 PM

Quote from: whiteboyskim on July 02, 2015, 09:14:56 PM

Quote from: TiLT on July 02, 2015, 08:41:08 PM

Quote from: whiteboyskim on July 02, 2015, 08:34:25 PM

SWEETNESS! I'm also still instinctively hitting the L2 when I try to brake, which completely fucks you during a chase/race/driving around.

Their choice of mapping for this one puzzles me. Using L2 for brake/reverse would have been much better than what they're using it for now, which is to have you hold it down to stay in battle mode. My hand gets tired during extended battles due to having to constantly hold this down. They would have been better off making battle mode a toggle and putting it on the square button (PS4) instead of having the braking there. I mean, it's not like you're about to voluntarily and temporarily turn back into driving mode in the middle of a battle, so why force us to hold down the button?

Exactly. Especially considering the frequency of the tank fights. I initially ignored some of the Batmobile upgrades because I didn't think I'd be fighting drones all the time. Now, I'm pumping points into that section because tanks are everywhere. This pisses me off considerably because now I'm ignoring other moves/upgrades I need for the hand to hand sections. And I agree with you on the hand cramping. Stalking the uber tanks while holding down L2 with my middle finger and steering with my thumb is poor design.

Switch tank controls to Toggle mode!
I forget what they call it, but it's in option that does exactly that.  Makes brake L2 and battle mode a toggle of off R1.

whiteboyskim

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2015, 01:01:32 AM »

Oh FFS, seriously?  RTFM!

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
whiteboyskim

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 03, 2015, 07:45:00 PM »

Yup, that worked. I'm apparently with stupid.

I'm at around 43% now and opened up the third island. I pegged who I figured the Arkham Knight was right from the start, but it wouldn't make sense in this universe because they never mentioned the original character. Uh, yeah that changed in a big way just now. I don't know who all has completed the main storyline yet, but this is was my original prediction and who I think it still is:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Jason Todd

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2015, 07:55:53 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on July 03, 2015, 07:45:00 PM

Yup, that worked. I'm apparently with stupid.

I'm at around 43% now and opened up the third island. I pegged who I figured the Arkham Knight was right from the start, but it wouldn't make sense in this universe because they never mentioned the original character. Uh, yeah that changed in a big way just now. I don't know who all has completed the main storyline yet, but this is was my original prediction and who I think it still is:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Jason Todd
I think I'm a little behind you in completion, but that was my first thought as well, but I have been having doubts, because as you mentioned, the person hasn't been part of the series, so I am hoping the person isn't just crammed into the story line.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 04, 2015, 04:01:34 AM »

Finished up the story today. I got all the most wanted except for Ridler and I may give him a shot.  I have less than 100 to go but I have a feeling the races are going to be really annoying - I may YouTube his ending.

Overall maybe my favorite Arkham story, but my least favorite Arkham gameplay.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2015, 08:31:54 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on July 04, 2015, 04:01:34 AM

Finished up the story today. I got all the most wanted except for Ridler and I may give him a shot.  I have less than 100 to go but I have a feeling the races are going to be really annoying - I may YouTube his ending.

There are supposed to be 3 different endings to the main story too, FYI. You get the true ending by getting 100% completion, as far as I know. That includes all the Riddler trophies.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 05, 2015, 01:33:42 AM »

...and 100%ed. There was one puzzle I had to look up the answer to, oh well.

JayDee

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #127 on: July 05, 2015, 12:28:11 PM »

Hey crazy bat creature jump scare at 1am in the dark with gaming headphones and the volume cranked? You can fuck right off.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 05, 2015, 06:25:40 PM »

The Harley DLC is very short, but they were very clever with the way they translated Batman's moves and abilities on to her.

JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 07, 2015, 02:35:12 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on July 05, 2015, 06:25:40 PM

The Harley DLC is very short, but they were very clever with the way they translated Batman's moves and abilities on to her.

Which version are you playing? I looked in the PS4 store and saw the Scarecrow DLC but nothing about Harley. Is it Xbox only or Season Pass only?
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2015, 02:42:17 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on July 07, 2015, 02:35:12 PM

Quote from: Teggy on July 05, 2015, 06:25:40 PM

Which version are you playing? I looked in the PS4 store and saw the Scarecrow DLC but nothing about Harley. Is it Xbox only or Season Pass only?

I believe Harley was pre-order content, I have it on PS4.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2015, 12:08:39 AM »

Aside from the Batmobile has the game evolved much over its predecessors? I feel content with what I experienced in the first two games and Arkham Knight does not appear to have changed in any significant way. If it's just more of the same Batman we've come to know, I'd prefer to spend my gaming time on a fresher experience.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2015, 03:13:54 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on July 08, 2015, 12:08:39 AM

Aside from the Batmobile has the game evolved much over its predecessors? I feel content with what I experienced in the first two games and Arkham Knight does not appear to have changed in any significant way. If it's just more of the same Batman we've come to know, I'd prefer to spend my gaming time on a fresher experience.

IMHO, no, but I think I made that clear in my earlier posts. I think the other games did everything better.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2015, 04:11:31 AM »

Finally finished the game yesterday, at 100% and with the true ending. Overall I enjoyed it, but the Batmobile should have been cut.
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2015, 02:38:36 PM »

I'm liking this game much more than Arkham City. I found City too chaotic and unfocussed in terms of plot and all the things you could do in the world. I find AK to be much more straightforward and focused, even though it is open world, and the story really has it's hooks into me. And I don't hate the Batmobile, at all. In fact, it's my preferred method of getting around the city. I have no problems driving it and tank battles last a minute or less for me as I have no issues taking out the bad guys.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2015, 06:38:52 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on July 08, 2015, 02:38:36 PM

And I don't hate the Batmobile, at all. In fact, it's my preferred method of getting around the city. I have no problems driving it and tank battles last a minute or less for me as I have no issues taking out the bad guys.

The Batmobile is evil like that. You start out thinking "hey, this isn't too bad," and then the game creates a steep difficulty spike that stays spiked for the rest of the game, and you begin to realize just how much you hate the damned thing.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: July 08, 2015, 06:54:23 PM »

I hated a lot of it until getting the control change.  Why they thought that the default was better is beyond me.  It also improves with upgrades to the batmobile and once I stopped playing it on hard and dying to 3 hits.

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 14, 2015, 09:37:32 PM »

Done.

-Autistic Angel
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 16, 2015, 08:21:32 PM »

Latest news on the PC version is the game is being pulled from shelves. And that it likely won't return till sometime during the Fall.

I can't think of another game that has went through this in the past. I don't even recall Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor, which had the bug where uninstalling the game deleted your system files, being removed from shelves. And I seem to recall that fix too awhile finally get distributed.

Even really buggy games like Daggerfall ("Buggerfall") or games with missing features like Outpost never got pulled to fix them up.

Really odd precedent. Will be interesting to see if this turns out to be a good or bad thing for PC games in the future.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: July 16, 2015, 08:30:03 PM »

Quote from: Crawley on July 16, 2015, 08:21:32 PM

Really odd precedent.

If it had happened at any other time, yes. However, WB had "poor" timing with this game's release, getting it out just after Steam started allowing refunds. I guarantee you that the current situation would never, ever have happened if it wasn't for those refunds. Just look at how the same company handled Arkham Origins ("we're done patching our buggy game because we want to focus on DLC") and the more recent Mortal Kombat X. There's not a sliver of regret from WB when it comes to those, despite them being equally troubled on PC at the time of release.

Steam refunds is one of the best things to happen to gaming in a long time. With some luck, it could change the way publishers treat their customers. If WB's example is anything to go by, it's already happening.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 17, 2015, 09:41:54 PM »

While I haven't had any major issues with the game myself (Some minor slow downs at some points, but nothing I can't deal with), I am thinking about refunding my season pass. Mostly because of 2 reasons.
1) I don't know if the 6 months starts now since it gives you the costumes now. 6 months from now the new DLC may just be starting. They already postponed BatGirl DLC for the PC.
2) Even if it doesn't start now, who knows what will happen or even when the game will be released.

I am liking the game though. I am at 90% completion and only have the Riddler stuff left. This may be my first 100% completion game even!
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: July 18, 2015, 07:37:32 AM »

Take a lesson from this and don't buy season passes for anything in the future. They're really hurting the consumers.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: September 04, 2015, 03:37:59 AM »

I guess they finally released a new patch for this on the PC today, fixing the main performance issues and adding more customization options.

Good news - testing for the interim patch has been completed and it is now available for those who already have Batman: Arkham Knight for PC. As a reminder, below are some of the major fixes and improvements that will be addressed with this patch:

- Reduced frame rate hitches
- Optimizations for system memory and VRAM usage
- Improved performance on all GPUs (requires the latest drivers)
- More Comprehensive In-Game Settings
- Fixed low resolution texture bugs
- Fixed hitches when running on mechanical hard drives (HDD)

In addition to the above, we’re continuing to work on the following for future updates:
- Adding support for SLI and Crossfire
- Adding support for the latest DLC & Season Pass content
- Adding support for additional updates such as Photo Mode
- Continued improvements and bug fixing for a Windows 7 specific memory issue that occurs on configurations with 8GB of system RAM and some NVIDIA GPUs during extended game play
- Continued improvements for Windows 10 specific issues on systems with some AMD GPUs

As always, we will monitor for any additional issues that come up and will provide further optimizations and bug fixes along the way.

We would like to thank everyone for their patience and invaluable feedback. We’ll provide ongoing updates here as they are made available. In the meantime, please enjoy the game with the latest patch.

Demons run when a good man goes to war.
frost
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 04, 2015, 11:35:50 PM »

anybody play it on the pc with the new patch?  is it running better?
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: September 04, 2015, 11:37:59 PM »

Quote from: frost on September 04, 2015, 11:35:50 PM

I watched a decent chunk of if on stream and it looked great.  No issues reported by the person playing either

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 05, 2015, 12:42:03 AM »

Quote from: frost on September 04, 2015, 11:35:50 PM

Ran fine for me before (780) and hard to say now if it runs smoother. There is a nice little graphics feature that tells you how much VRAM you're using up when you change the graphics options. I found that when I have all the extra GameWorks effects on its using a more VRAM than my card has (in the yellow). So I changed all my video settings to put the VRAM bar in the green. I can see the game runs smoother - probably a stable 60 fps where before it was likely 40-50 range with some dips.

Also it was kinda interesting that when I first launched the game it had my video at 2560x1600 (DSR) instead of my native 1900x1200. Running at that resolution is fine at 30fps but have to sacrifice most of the NVidia effects and turn down some other graphic options too. I went back to 1900x1200 with the NVidia effects on but this running with just Normal textures/shadows/etc. Still looks great to me and will likely continue to play at that resolution.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 05, 2015, 09:33:56 PM »

It looks like PC gamers will get the mostly final version of the game later this month!

Sean Lama
whiteboyskim

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 08, 2015, 02:57:57 AM »

Finally DL'd the Tumbler the other day and I had to laugh because it handles a lot better than the standard Batmobile. No guns limits you on a lot of the challenges, but if all you're doing is racing or driving around the streets of Gotham, it's a pretty sweet ride.

Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2015, 04:42:34 PM »

The PC version is finally back on sale (see patch notes), but there's still a way to go until it's considered not a shitty port. For example, it still doesn't take advantage of multiple video cards, which is what I'm waiting for before I play the game.

Sean Lama
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2015, 04:55:38 PM »

Several sites are stating the PC game is still broken.   Avoid at all cost unless you go PS4 or XB1

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: October 29, 2015, 05:37:52 PM »

Must be dependent on your graphics card.  Sad they didn't do a better job of testing it before putting it back on sale.

Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 29, 2015, 07:49:47 PM »

Haven't tried it yet..(Might have to wait until weekend), but I bought it when it came out and except for some minor issues, I was able to finish the game... I am interested in the new stuff, however, in the time since I finished it, I went SLI, so not sure if I will have issues now.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: December 19, 2015, 12:47:27 AM »

They just released a new patch on Steam:

The latest patch for Batman: Arkham Knight was released today and contains the following updates:

Fixed some issues with stars being awarded or lost incorrectly in specific AR Challenges
Improved target prioritization during combat
Restored heavier rain during the opening section of the game
Fixed missing rain effects on a few remaining player character skins
Miscellaneous gameplay fixes and stability improvements
Fixes to some keyboard and mouse prompts after being rebound
Made frame times more consistent for 60hz monitors running at 30fps with VSync enabled
Previously equipped gadgets can be selected with keyboard and mouse again after restarting an AR Challenge
Fixed the default key binding for Harley’s Snare gadget
Batgirl’s Remote Hacking Device can now be properly selected with keyboard & mouse in AR Challenges
Minor performance optimizations for certain combinations of hardware
Fixed keyboard & mouse controls that did not function in DLC AR Challenges when no previous save data existed
Quick Photo Mode can now be triggered with keyboard and mouse controls when using the Batmobile
Special Combo Takedowns can now be performed with Quickfire Gadget binds if they were rebound
Fixed graphical corruption that may occur after Alt-Tabbing
Improvements and corrections to some localized text
Added new Classic Harley Quinn skin for use in AR Challenges & the Harley Quinn Story Pack
Added Arkham Knight as a playable character for AR Challenges & the Red Hood Story Pack
Added support for December DLC content

Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: